Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to I'm looking for...... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > Looking for information on John J Spencer b1824

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : Looking for information on John J Spencer b1824

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 09:56:59      reply with quote

Posted on behalf of John Spencer

My 2nd Great Grandfather, John J. Spencer, born about 1824, lists his birthplace as Silsden. Does anyone have any information?

click for more information

Angus
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 12:52:34      reply with quote

I think I remember a John Spencer being Landlord at the Red Lion in the 60s or early 70s perhaps someone from the older generation can remember him

midway
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 14:00:40      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Could that be John Henry Spencer, late of the Red Lion Silsden.
Father of the late Peter Spencer, Grandfather of Richard Spencer, if so contact P J motors mitchell lane Silsden 652382.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 14:31:46      reply with quote

Hi, the only John Spencer I can find in Silsden, born circa 1824, is John, son of Hugh & Sarah Spencer of Bridge Street, blacksmith. He was born 24/8/1823 & baptised 28/9/1823 at St.James's. In the 1851 Census he was living with his wife & children next door to his father in Bridge Street,aged 27, also a blacksmith. He was buried in St.James's churchyard 12/11/1899, aged 75 years. The only John J Spencer I can find born around 1824 was a painter, born England, residing in the town of Union, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA. Neither he nor his wife or children appear to have had their origins in Silsden. Hope this helps you in your search.

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > Looking for information on John J Spencer b1824  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to