Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > 999 activity

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : 999 activity

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

05/03/2016 : 14:22:49      reply with quote

Just come home and seen outside Kings Arms 3 ambulance and 3 police vans, up by the co-op, anyone know what has happened?.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

05/03/2016 : 14:30:26      reply with quote

3 cars involved in an accident bottom of Bolton Rd at the King's arms junction.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

05/03/2016 : 14:34:19      reply with quote

Could not see any damaged cars.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 13:44:13      reply with quote

Wife was just behind the car waiting to pull out of the junction.

Apparently a car coming down tried to turn into Bell Sq in front of one coming up and got hit by it. Wife didn't go into details but I got the impression the car that got hit was then shunted into the car waiting to pull out of the junction.

We need a 20 limit through town and a STOP rather than a give way at this junction.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 14:21:08      reply with quote

I put forward a proposal for this to become a stop junction some time ago. The proposal was submitted through STC and rejected by Bradford.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 14:54:14      reply with quote

From my observations and a regular user of that junction I would say that 99.9% of drivers do stop before pulling out.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 15:17:15      reply with quote

If they All stopped and looked both ways before pulling out there wouldn't be so many accidents at that junction.

Perhaps 99.9% don't stop and look.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 15:31:22      reply with quote

I fail to see how a stop would have helped in this situation - the car was already stationary. Sounded like the car coming down hill just didn't observe that traffic was coming the other way. A lower speed limit wouldn't have helped either.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 15:59:51      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
I fail to see how a stop would have helped in this situation - the car was already stationary. Sounded like the car coming down hill just didn't observe that traffic was coming the other way. A lower speed limit wouldn't have helped either.

A stop sign in this case wouldn't have helped, I was replying to Jonno. Neither would a 20mph speed limit because at this point during the day there is usually cars parked on both sides of the road just above the Kings Arms and this makes Bolton road a giveway point.

This accident probably has to be put down to bad driving.

I believe the junction will be changed to a mini roundabout at some point, but with all the spending cuts Bradford have made, I wouldn't hold your breath as to when it will happen.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 21:20:24      reply with quote

You are right a stop wouldn't have helped prevent this accident and I wasn't suggesting that, but a 20mph limit might have. The number of peope who I've seen/heard put their foot down as soon as the road straightens out as they pass the takeaway...

A stop might help with people pulling out of the junction though if it makes them think, why do I need to stop competely, maybe it's a danger spot, better look properly.

Or it might not because, you know, people...

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > 999 activity  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to