Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Dog microchipping law

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Dog microchipping law

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2016 : 20:57:55      reply with quote

Comes in next month

VETS are offering dog owners a chance to get their pets microchipped for free before new laws come into force on April 6.

Dog owners could face fines of up to £500 if they flout the new rules, so Skipton's Kingsway veterinary hospital is offering to carry out the procedure for nothing ahead of the change.

Under the new legislation, it will become law for all dogs to be microchipped, with heavy fines for owners who do not comply.

Kingsway is to give the service free to new and existing clients to help pet owners to comply with the Government legislation without any financial implication.

The procedure involves painlessly placing a tiny chip – the size of a grain of rice – under the animal’s skin, giving it a unique code and allowing the owner's details to be stored on a national database.

Kingsway’s practice manager, Susan Pearson, stressed the importance of microchipping, both to avoid the potential of a heavy fine and, ultimately, for the wellbeing of the animals.

She said: “We fully support the new legislation. It represents a significant step forward for welfare and responsible dog ownership.

"We encourage any owners, whose dog is not microchipped, to come into the practice for this free procedure before the new law comes into effect.

“Dog owners, whose pets have already been microchipped, should check their details are up to date on the microchip database, as incorrect details could also lead to them receiving a hefty fine.”

Kingsway is also offering free microchipping for cats as part of its mission to promote responsible pet ownership.

The positive outcome of microchipping was highlighted last year when the practice reunited a stray cat found in Silsden with its owners, who lived in Grassington.

Blackie the cat had been missing for more than a year, so the family were delighted when Kingsway called to say he had been found safe and well.
Share article

Any pet owners who are unsure which database they are registered with can ask Kingsway Vets to scan their pet’s microchip to check.

Pet owners can book a free microchipping appointment until April 6 at any of the three Kingsway branches located in Skipton, Silsden and Cross Hills.
click for more information

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2016 : 16:26:29      reply with quote

Thanks for that post Gazzer.

As our dogs both came via. rescue, their papers regarding chipping have been round the houses. After reading the post thought I had better find their certificates up and make sure all in order. Found the boys, but couldn't lay my hands on little girlies. Fortunately, I had put her number on her record card for the Vets. Rang the company and spoke to a really nice chap, he will forward a copy of the said certificate.
Make sure all in order as I gather from the info. that even if some of the details are incorrect you can be fined. I don't plan on loosing a dog any time soon, but best to be aware, you just never know.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2016 : 20:48:02      reply with quote

Thanks for that gazzer, can i quote," I don't plan on loosing a dog any time soon, but best to be aware, you just never know."

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2016 : 22:03:33      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ours is 18 now and far too old to wander but Kingsway have done a fantastic job with her the last couple of weeks.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/03/2016 : 14:04:40      reply with quote

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/14337857.Lost_Silsden_dog_successfully_reunited_with_owners_thanks_to_microchip/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

11/03/2016 : 14:49:15      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by midway
www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/14337857.Lost_Silsden_dog_successfully_reunited_with_owners_thanks_to_microchip/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
ote]We spent a couple of hours chasing this same dog around Brunthwaite a couple of months ago before catching and the tracing its owner through social media. In the case of this dog, besides a micro chip one of these is required

https://tractive.com/en

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Dog microchipping law  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to