Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Emergency Road Closure Tuesday 15th Feb pm

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : Emergency Road Closure Tuesday 15th Feb pm

BarryT
Website Member

Website Member

14/03/2016 : 16:12:35      reply with quote

The road to Silsden will be closed to repair a collapsing bridge over the River Cobby, opposite the Telephone Exchange.

It is needed to carry out the necessary repairs safely, Bradford Council Highways engineers have ordered a closure of the A6034 from 8pm tomorrow (Tuesday, 15 March) until 6am on Wednesday (16 March).
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/03/2016 : 16:59:17      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I would have thought due to what is called "riparian rights" Bradford Council own half the bridge upto the middle of the beck

robin
Website Member

Website Member

14/03/2016 : 17:10:56      reply with quote

If my memory serves me well, that bridge was built by a local farmer to allow access to their farm, primarily for milk trucks, avoiding the long route into Silsden and under the culvert. At a time when Belton Road did not exist.If this is the case will not ownership of and responsibilty for the bridge have passed to the current owners of that land?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/03/2016 : 17:18:13      reply with quote

Sorry guys but I'm closing this thread because it's started as "an announcement" and there is another topic on the subject with more information on.

Thanks, Peter

Replies in this thread : 3

Thread Closed

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Emergency Road Closure Tuesday 15th Feb pm  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to