Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > 2016 Bradford Council Election

Replies in this thread : 81
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : 2016 Bradford Council Election

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/03/2016 : 11:38:19      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Not long now and the campaign is underway. The Tory leaflet arrived this morning. There is a picture of Bradford resident Mr Mallinson, Ilkley resident Mr Rickard and Haworth resident Mr Clarke underneath which it says "Campaigning for our community" which is a bit of a cheek as none of them live in "our" community.
The Tory candidate is supposedly busy fighting for our community and gives his twitter and facebook contacts.These social media accounts are not his personal accounts but his campaign accounts.His last Facebook post was 26/12/15 and his last twitter post was 2/1/16
click for more information

robin
Website Member

Website Member

29/03/2016 : 14:59:51      reply with quote

Until people stop voting by party, this situation can only get worse. Local elections should be local, candidates would then be elected on their personal policies and proven interest in their loyalty.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

29/03/2016 : 20:48:53      reply with quote

Town and Parish candidates have to live or work in the council area!
So why is it different for Candidates for the Met elections?

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2016 : 09:20:08      reply with quote

Never having knowingly met any of the candidates I must assume that they are competent candidates with my interests being foremost in their thoughts!

Politically though their presentation and performances to date have no encouraged me. Their promotion of the trunk road foot bridge suggests limited knowledge in regards of infrastructure economics. I also doubt if any regularly walk between Silsden Town and the Railway Station. I have not regularly for 20 years but still do so occasionally. Crossing is no more difficult now than it was then.

The collapsing beck, for much of the route, is not mentioned at all. As any failures there have to fixed, by the council this omission seems strange.

Obviously they are not going to mention the school as it the intention of the government to remove that from local control.

In fact at the current rate of centralization their will soon be little left for the council to do. Putting one's self forward for a local election is admitting to being a low level apparatchick.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2016 : 13:58:10      reply with quote

posted by old_miner

In fact at the current rate of centralization their will soon be little left for the council to do. Putting one's self forward for a local election is admitting to being a low level apparatchick.
You could be spot on as Mr Mallinson is standing for Cowling on Craven District Council and says he can do that and be our councillor on Bradford Council

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/14382118.Cowling_race_heats_up_as_parish_clerkAndrew_Mallinson_is_selected_to_stand_as_a_Conservative/

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2016 : 13:31:55      reply with quote

old minor, I would be inclined to agree; that any candidate standing would have my interests a heart, IF they were not being paid so much and it wasn't seen as a way of furthering their political career path to even more power and money on the gravy train.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2016 : 18:30:56      reply with quote

Im no snob but I really object to being called "Keighley people"...im a Cobbydaler.
1st own goal of the election campaign

The Labour Party has also unveiled its local candidates, with Silsden resident Val Carrol standing in the Craven ward.
Constituency chairman, Pam Johnson, said: “Our public services are already under threat from the Conservative Government’s massive cuts to local government spending, and worse is to come.

“Labour is the only party that will really stand up for Keighley people and put their interests first."

blob
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2016 : 21:06:46      reply with quote

I'll stick this here also as it is relevant to this with elections coming up!

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/14394436.Derelict_former_Silsden_library_to_be_auctioned_by_Bradford_Council/

The above article raises the question. Which one works for the community which elected them?

News of the auction attracted contrasting comments from two councillors representing Craven ward on Bradford Council, Andrew Mallinson and Adrian Naylor.

Cllr Mallinson said the buildings should have gone on sale two years ago but marketing was delayed due to “meddling” by local people wanting the buildings to be handed over to the community for free.

He added: “Either building would need refurbishment, then there are ongoing costs. Other places like the town hall and churches offer rooms to the public.

“Due to the delays, there has been some vandalism, which needed more taxpayers’ money to repair. I look forward to the sale going ahead as soon as possible.”

Cllr Mallinson suggested the Wesley Place office could become a house and the former library would be suitable for business purposes.

Cllr Naylor, who is also a town councillor, queried whether Bradford Council would give planning permission for change of use of either building due to their proximity to the war memorial and being in a conservation area.

He said he had tried, without success, to start negotiations with Bradford regarding turning the buildings into a community centre.

Cllr Naylor added: “Wesley Place is on a bus route and next to a car park. Bradford is trying to impose 1,200 houses in Silsden, yet it is reducing the number of community assets.”

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2016 : 21:41:23      reply with quote

Just a note on the coming local elections. Mallinson is not standing in Craven this time because he was elected last year and will be allegedly representing us for another three years. At this election he is standing as Ward Councillor for Cowling. Apparently he can do lots of jobs at the same time, clerk for Cowling, Lothersdale and I believe Embsay. All this while living in Bradford ......... nice work if you can get it but can he really represent us?

Peter Clarke of Hawarth is the conservative candidate standing for the Craven Ward in the coming election. He is sponsored by Mallinson, so a YES man then.

If you are wondering who Peter Clarke is, he is the idiot that stands by the beck in flood to get his picture taken and has all the solutions to Silsden's problems. He also wants to go for a drink in the Grouse happy :)

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2016 : 22:33:21      reply with quote

posted by Fred
Just a note on the coming local elections. Mallinson is not standing in Craven this time because he was elected last year and will be allegedly representing us for another three years. At this election he is standing as Ward Councillor for Cowling. Apparently he can do lots of jobs at the same time, clerk for Cowling, Lothersdale and I believe Embsay. All this while living in Bradford ......... nice work if you can get it but can he really represent us?

Peter Clarke of Hawarth is the conservative candidate standing for the Craven Ward in the coming election. He is sponsored by Mallinson, so a YES man then.

If you are wondering who Peter Clarke is, he is the idiot that stands by the beck in flood to get his picture taken and has all the solutions to Silsden's problems. He also wants to go for a drink in the Grouse happy :)

Dont think he got the Embsay job

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2016 : 22:52:48      reply with quote

Mallinson is not clerking for Embsay now but he was doing the job in a temporary position a while ago. Perhaps they saw through him?

robin
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2016 : 08:04:15      reply with quote

As Hughie Greene would say " it's your votes that count"

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2016 : 15:21:05      reply with quote

Hughie Greene said a lot in his time and then did the opposite!

So comparing him with politicians is a masterclass!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

22/04/2016 : 16:24:07      reply with quote

All a bit quiet from the candidates

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 17:13:36      reply with quote

Haworth resident Peter Clarke set up twitter and Facebook accounts for his attempt to represent us. A few photo's of the Boxing Day floods then nothing for 4 months. However his Twitter account has sprung into life today.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 17:33:30      reply with quote

In this case; is a twitter a/c, an a/c used by a twit?

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 17:46:28      reply with quote

Your Labour candidate Val Carol was on the picket line with the Junior Docs today trying as usual to do her bit to save the NHS. She's not that good at standing by walls,looking glum but important and taking credit in the Keighley News, Keep telling her the way to get elected is to have allies make personal attacks on this evil Mallinson (whoever he is) and send long boring letters to people who live in detached houses asking for their votes. Will do that? No chance. Thank goodness. I've voted Labour. You could too! Before you ask Gazzer baby - I am not the candidate, her agent or a party official. Just think our ward could do with a change of spirit and maybe have 3 Cllrs who could manage to work together for us for a change.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 18:40:55      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by paperclip
Your Labour candidate Val Carol was on the picket line with the Junior Docs today trying as usual to do her bit to save the NHS. She's not that good at standing by walls,looking glum but important and taking credit in the Keighley News, Keep telling her the way to get elected is to have allies make personal attacks on this evil Mallinson (whoever he is) and send long boring letters to people who live in detached houses asking for their votes. Will do that? No chance. Thank goodness. I've voted Labour. You could too! Before you ask Gazzer baby - I am not the candidate, her agent or a party official. Just think our ward could do with a change of spirit and maybe have 3 Cllrs who could manage to work together for us for a change.

But a vote for Labour in our area is endorsement of their plans to build 1,200 new homes, close the Youth Club,close the toilets and asset strip the town of any council land/property whilst ignoring the problems with the infrastructure. You can argue any of the other parties would do the same but it is a matter of fact that the party in control of Bradford is Labour and they are doing everything on the list.

Anyway would you like to reconsider the comment that Val is "not that good at standing by walls,looking glum but important and taking credit in the Keighley News"

"The removal of the steel girder from the bank of Silsden Beck was this week welcomed by Val Carroll, the resident who led the campaign against the eyesore."
Picture to go with the story
www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/14334137._quot_Eyesore_quot__flood_barrier_removed_from_Silsden_Beck_by_council/

Sorry but I could not resist the open goal

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 19:20:46      reply with quote

Thanks to Tory interference from the centre our local governments are actually hamstrung. Instead of having to follow central government policy on housing and let Tory developers rip Labour would no doubt prefer to build council housing to better standards than the free market provides. Not much point if the Torys then use them as,a political bribe. I just wonder how long the country will stand the current Stalinist mob currently running the country most incompetently. Do not blame me. I did not vote for them.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2016 : 11:11:11      reply with quote

THE LOCAL ELECTIONS FOR WARD COUNCILLOR in the Craven Area will be held next Thursday on the 5th May.

In these times when Bradford are cutting our facilities and want to allow 1200 (3 & 4 bedroom) houses to be built in Silsden (for people that have jobs in Leeds) - with the flooding issues, the lack of school places, the lack of electricity supply, sewage capacity problems and the general lack of infrastructure in Silsden - I would urge you to forget party politics and vote for the best person who will put Silsden first.

Whoever you support please make the effort to vote on THURSDAY 5th MAY

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2016 : 11:13:33      reply with quote

The only information so far:

MORE DETAIL
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Sisden_Naylor_2016.pdf
solid wood flooring

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2016 : 17:59:04      reply with quote

Peter you have every right to a personal political position and loyalty but what can you mean by the Cllr Naylor stuff being the "only information available so far". Is it that he's the only candidate who has provided you with a glossy leaflet to publish just out of the goodness of your neutral web master heart? Have you offered the other candidates the same service and have they spurned your help? Dear me! Do hope no one thinks Silsden.net would be better named Naylor.Met

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2016 : 18:40:17      reply with quote

posted by paperclip
Peter you have every right to a personal political position and loyalty but what can you mean by the Cllr Naylor stuff being the "only information available so far". Is it that he's the only candidate who has provided you with a glossy leaflet to publish just out of the goodness of your neutral web master heart? Have you offered the other candidates the same service and have they spurned your help? Dear me! Do hope no one thinks Silsden.net would be better named Naylor.Met

DO YOU MIND - this is the ONLY INFORMATION that has been DELIVERED TO MY DOOR. If ANY OTHER CANDIDATE cares to deliver or email me information I WILL post it.

UNTIL THAT TIME this is the only information I have for any candidates standing for the ward election on 5th May.

I have published every candidates official information in the past and this election will not be an exception.

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2016 : 18:45:15      reply with quote

Yes Peter, we too have only had Adrian Naylors' brochure, but then he does seem to be the only person interested in SILSDEN, so that's fine with me.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2016 : 08:10:48      reply with quote

In the interst of balance here is the information that has arrived through my letterbox so far from other candidates

Thank you.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2016 : 08:19:44      reply with quote

List of candidates

Val Carroll.The Kings Head.27 North Street.Silsden.Labour

Peter Clarke.29 Longlands Drive.Haworth.Conservative*

Stuart Ebden.Flat 4 Harewood Lodge.Eastburn.Lib Dem

Peter Furguson.29 Moorfield Rd.Ilkley.Green*

Adrian Naylor.Far Ghyll Grange Farm.Silsden.Independent

*Denotes candidates that do not live in the ward they wish to represent.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2016 : 08:26:24      reply with quote

posted by paperclip

Peter has always put up all the candidates leaflets so are you really blaming him because the other candidates have not put out leaflets or are you saying he should not illustrate the leaflet(s) that candidates have put out?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2016 : 08:40:43      reply with quote

I have had no election information from any candidate, strange that I live not far from Peter and he got one. Maybe the others should put one in Peters letter box.

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2016 : 10:47:19      reply with quote

Now look what's happened! Got shouted at in GREEN CAPS by Peter and gazzered around 3 times too -(as per). As it happens I'm in the same position as Peter in that I have only seen one candidate's leaflet. Just not the same candidate. What I asked myself was = in a web manager role would I promote just that one as a random lucky householder or would I use gazzer's helpful contact info and gee up all the others on a tight deadline to ensure balance? Labour leaflets are targeted in Silsden. There is neither the money or the wo/man power for blanket coverage and is a legal limit on what candidates can spend anyway, I imagine other parties/individuals target too so if you've had one you can be pretty sure you are thought to be on side. So just living near Peter (or me) may mean nothing. Peter and I do agree on one thing at least. Whatever your party or personal loyalty think hard what is best for the future representation of Craven Ward and be sure to use your vote!

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2016 : 10:53:33      reply with quote

I seem to be the odd man out here. The only candidate to put a leaflet through my letterbox was Labour's Val Carroll.

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2016 : 14:32:18      reply with quote

If you have finished with your Labour leaflet Mickyfinn could you just pop it through Peter's door. He's anxious to post it

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2016 : 10:13:08      reply with quote

paperclip surely the party pays for the posters and leaflets (they always used to ) as an independant you have to do it all yourself ie pay and distribute,as independants we make sure we put out as much infomation as possible re gardless of the cost to us personally(within the allowed spending,£1500 i think) if the proposed candidates wanted to become the elected member then they would ensure everybody got the information not just the same old voters,please all go out on thursday and vote for the only proven person to represent our needs,good look to all local candidates.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2016 : 10:34:16      reply with quote

not had any leaflets here form any party or from police commissioner candidates, don't even know who is standing for the police job

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2016 : 10:40:39      reply with quote

We always do postal votes, much easier.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2016 : 10:45:47      reply with quote

posted by Mickyfinn
I seem to be the odd man out here. The only candidate to put a leaflet through my letterbox was Labour's Val Carroll.
Did she drop it in at the same time she was stealing the flood gate from the people of Silsden?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2016 : 11:07:34      reply with quote

In the spirit of fairness.

Replies in this thread : 81
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > 2016 Bradford Council Election  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to