Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > development at belton road

Replies in this thread : 53
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : development at belton road

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2016 : 11:19:23      reply with quote

This application is to be discussed tomorrow, it said in the t&a that councillors are recommending approval, how ridiculous bearing in mind flooding issues etc.What I want to know is which councillors are on this committee, I suspect Cllr rickard might be one of them?I really hope the planning officers will throw this out,There is no development plan in place at the moment as Bradford are behind in producing it, does this mean that the old plan still stands or not or is it just a free for all? I know that silsden town council objected to this application, will there be a representative at the meeting to speak on our behalf? I sincerely hope so.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2016 : 12:59:10      reply with quote

Do you have a link to the T&A story? please

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2016 : 13:15:39      reply with quote

Minutes from last Keighley Area Committee

democracy.bradford.gov.uk/documents/g3305/Printed%20minutes%2011th-Feb-2016%2018.00%20Keighley%20Area%20Committee.pdf?T=1

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2016 : 13:21:13      reply with quote

sorry. I don't have the link to T & A it was in either yesterday or day before

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2016 : 14:34:10      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Is this what you were looking for?

democracy.bradford.gov.uk/mgAi.aspx?ID=2246

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2016 : 15:39:29      reply with quote

Nobody local on the committee

democracy.bradford.gov.uk/documents/g5755/Agenda%20frontsheet%2007th-Apr-2016%2010.00%20Regulatory%20and%20Appeals%20Committee.pdf?T=0

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2016 : 23:29:58      reply with quote

Looks like lack of capacity in the sewers will save the Ilkley area from some extra housing

www.ilkleygazette.co.uk/news/14394403.Ilkley_housing_increase_could_be_overturned_at_new_hearings/

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 10:02:00      reply with quote

thank you for the links peter.Having read through most of the documents, I really cannot see why councillors are recommending approval of the outline application, there are so many issues which would have to be overcome/resolved I cannot see it being viable.Some of the objections from major players must surely count for something.One thing I am not clear on is the fact that at the moment there is no new development plan in place, legally does this not mean that RUDP still stands until such time a new plan is adopted? In which case safeguarded land as shown in that plan is still safeguarded until the new plan is adopted.Legal clarification is needed.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 10:52:41      reply with quote

Ginjo...I think it is Bradford Planners who are recommending it to the Cllrs who are making a decision today. I have e-mailed all the cllrs on the committee direct to think about the blood on their hands when there is a bad crash on the bypass with traffic backing up.

One man is happy though. MALLINSON

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/14410080.Approval_recommended_for_190_new_homes_on_the_outskirts_of_Silsden/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 10:55:50      reply with quote

have spoken with the person dealing with the local plan at Bradford,there is no new plan in place yet, still working on allocations hope to have this out for consultation in summer.Meanwhile the exisiting RUDP which was a 15 year plan adopted in 2005 and saved in 2008 is the framework from which decisions should be made.In fact according to the planning depts. website, all planning decisions must accord with the policies in this plan so belton road was safeguarded land for the period of the plan so surely there is a legal argument to be had about whether this land can be approved for development before the end of the old plan period and the adoption of the new one? Any legal eagles out there? Someone on the town council might know, could be useful

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 11:33:12      reply with quote

Just found this document which may be of interest, it's a summary of the planning application and objections for the Belton Road application.`I assume this was produced for easy reading for the Bradford councillors looking at the application today.

democracy.bradford.gov.uk/documents/s8712/Land%20at%20Belton%20Road%20Silsden.pdf

Wasn't this land supposed be allocated for business NOT HOUSING?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 13:08:51      reply with quote

Just been on facebook and mallinson is saying that the developer is to provide some of the funding for a bridge over the by-pass, and other facilities.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 14:02:16      reply with quote

yes he is but that does not make it right does it

victor
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 14:40:21      reply with quote

sorry ginjo not trying to be funny but what is not right, are the developers putting money up front or not ?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 15:30:34      reply with quote

yes, the developers are to be asked to put money into certain things(read the documents)but that is irrelevant when to me it looks like there is a good case for chucking this out

victor
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 15:49:44      reply with quote

Thanks ginjo we will all have to wait and see what the decision is.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 16:47:04      reply with quote

This is another load of Mallinson B/S, he says the developer is putting up £100,000 towards the bypass bridge, But what he isn't saying, (And should be) is that the last estimate for the cost of the bridge was in excess of £1 M, and if the bridge isn't built in 3 years the developer will not have to pay one penny.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 17:16:08      reply with quote

OUTLINE PLANNING DECISION DEFERRED UNTIL THE CORRECT FLOOD RISK DOCUMENTATION IS AVAILABLE

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 17:23:42      reply with quote

posted by Peter

OUTLINE PLANNING DECISION DEFERRED UNTIL THE CORRECT FLOOD RISK DOCUMENTATION IS AVAILABLE
Im sure the developers can buy that at the right price

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 17:24:12      reply with quote

What do they mean by, The correct flooding document?
One that says it is OK to build the houses?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 17:41:25      reply with quote

posted by grandad
What do they mean by, The correct flooding document?
One that says it is OK to build the houses?
Its the one that covers Bradford when it does flood and flooded residents ask why planning was passed
solid wood flooring

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/04/2016 : 20:53:08      reply with quote

To this day our planning system is the wrong way around, It evolved to protect the countryside from the encroachment of the towns, It isnít about building great places. Bullied and undermined, planning authorities have been left castrated and toothless, stripped of the skills and power they need to regulate, and sapped of the spatial imagination to actually plan places. The system is ripe for sharp developers to drive a bulldozer right through any objections or refusals. And they will continue to do so, squeezing the life out of our countryside and communities.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

08/04/2016 : 09:53:53      reply with quote

according to the t& a the decision has been deferred indefinitely until a new flood risk assessment is submitted by the developers as the one they had put forward was done before the boxing day floods.Thank goodness for some sense, Cllr mike slater of bingley.
I am still not sure though that this application should even be considered as this site was safeguarded land which means for the plan period and the plan that is currently in place, the RUDP was adopted in 2005 and its a 15 year plan

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

08/04/2016 : 13:30:36      reply with quote

I suggest that this new development be called " Little Venice ".

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

08/04/2016 : 15:14:32      reply with quote

well houses on stilts have been built before'wink ;)');

blob
Website Member

Website Member

08/04/2016 : 17:47:45      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
according to the t& a the decision has been deferred indefinitely until a new flood risk assessment is submitted by the developers as the one they had put forward was done before the boxing day floods.Thank goodness for some sense, Cllr mike slater of bingley.
I am still not sure though that this application should even be considered as this site was safeguarded land which means for the plan period and the plan that is currently in place, the RUDP was adopted in 2005 and its a 15 year plan
According to said article it was the risk of Stockbridge and Bingley flooding that stopped this. Nothing to do with anything within Silsden. Common sense prevails but absolutely ridiculous that Silsden wasn't considered as a flooding risk!

Same article but Keighley News:

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/14412848.Silsden_housing_scheme_deferred_over_flood_concerns/

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2016 : 07:28:43      reply with quote

I have been e-mail people and councillors down the Aire Valley since Boxing Day asking them to join the fight against concreting higher up the valley.And I would urge others to join in

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2016 : 14:05:24      reply with quote

I e-mailed two of our ward councillors about this development, I got a detailed reply from our conservative cllr rickard, and nothing from Adrian Naylor! shame on him and he is up for re-election in may!!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2016 : 14:57:54      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
I e-mailed two of our ward councillors about this development, I got a detailed reply from our conservative cllr rickard, and nothing from Adrian Naylor! shame on him and he is up for re-election in may!!
Why didn't you e=mail Mallinson?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2016 : 16:13:26      reply with quote

because I already knew his opinion regarding the questions asked so no point.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2016 : 17:08:21      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
GINJO

I have received an email from Councillor Naylor asking if you could resend your email because he has not received an email from you.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2016 : 19:03:33      reply with quote

how strange, I wonder why Cllr rickard got his and Cllr Naylor didn't.Its too late now anyway, the meeting discussing this was last Thursday.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2016 : 21:39:57      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
how strange, I wonder why Cllr rickard got his and Cllr Naylor didn't.Its too late now anyway, the meeting discussing this was last Thursday.
Email: adrian.naylor@bradford.gov.uk
Mobile: 07803 503643

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2016 : 22:16:50      reply with quote

yes thanks peter, that is the e-mail address I sent it to

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/04/2016 : 07:05:06      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
I got a detailed reply from our conservative cllr rickard, !
He was probably so happy to get his first ever e-mail and with nothing else to do spent quite a bit of time on the reply

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

12/04/2016 : 14:52:07      reply with quote

ginjo, If you wish to speak with Cllr Naylor. you might try attending the Town Council meetings, he is also a member of out Town Council, and as such does attend most of the meetings. Unlike both the other ward councillors.

Replies in this thread : 53
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > development at belton road  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to