Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > STC PLANNING MEETING - Thurs, 21 April

Replies in this thread : 24

Author

Topic : STC PLANNING MEETING - Thurs, 21 April

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2016 : 11:25:08      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

DETAILS OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS
www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_16/16_planning/STC_Gp_&_Planning_agenda_apr2016.pdf

One of the items up for approval:

16/02239/FUL | Demolition of existing offices and storage building and construction of five four bedroom detached dwellings | Davric Construction Projects Ltd Hainsworth Road Silsden West Yorkshire BD20 0LY

Full planning application details can be be seen here;
planning.bradford.gov.uk/online-applications/

click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2016 : 12:37:57      reply with quote

More 4 bed houses..just what we need.Might as well build terraced houses as detached that are just 6ft apart!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2016 : 17:47:09      reply with quote

gazer the houses on Banklands lane built by our local builder are three feet apart, and there are 35 houses per hectare on the site. Funny that our Silsden town council had no objections, yet they have said recently that they only want sites with 30 houses per hectare when it is other builders.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2016 : 20:35:13      reply with quote

Victor, I think if you care to look properly? You will find that the Town council did object to these houses.
They have consistently objected to all house building for years due to lack of infrastructure.

BubbyVee
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2016 : 21:00:04      reply with quote

Obviously then that STC have a powder puff affect on anything to do with house planning ?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2016 : 21:17:31      reply with quote

Let's refresh our memory at silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=5498

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2016 : 21:17:53      reply with quote

Let's refresh our memory at silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=5358

victor
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 07:11:34      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Grandad may I suggest you take midways advice and refresh your memory, see the post from a councillor. " not just moan because of 20odd houses, nimbies we can do without, look forwards, we can not afford to stay still."
See also Peters post on page 2 19/07/2013
"Silsden Town Council voted for the housing"

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 07:13:12      reply with quote

posted by BubbyVee
Obviously then that STC have a powder puff affect on anything to do with house planning ?
I understand they have the power to make recomendations which Bradford Council usually ignore.Even if Bradford agree with STC the developer wins on appeal(Bolton Rd).
In fact sometimes Bradford provide land for access roads and jointly apply for planning permission.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 07:54:44      reply with quote

I think it's interesting that whenever new houses are built in the town they always sell fairly quickly. Either locals or new people wishing to live here are happy to buy them. So there is a demand, and that is good for the town. Silsden is a great place to live.
Infrastructure is always a problem, but is usually dealt with in due course. Traffic is seen as a problem, but a bit of planning can help here. So maybe it's time to let the developers press on, with the usual controls, and see the town continue to expand?
There's plenty of green areas around the town, and loads of places for recreation outdoors within reasonable distance.
Population is growing, they need somewhere to live, and we might as well develop the town for the benefit of everyone in the future.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 08:40:41      reply with quote

As people starting out can no longer afford these houses it is interesting to see who will buy. Silsden is actually becoming an inland 'Costa geriatrica' as older people sell up down south for a nice sum and head north. Not all 'southerners' are ignorant of the benefits of living in Yorkshire.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 09:53:03      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
As people starting out can no longer afford these houses it is interesting to see who will buy. Silsden is actually becoming an inland 'Costa geriatrica' as older people sell up down south for a nice sum and head north. Not all 'southerners' are ignorant of the benefits of living in Yorkshire.
Its not just people from down South its people coming to a better area than even nearer Bradford.
There is no plan we need starter homes for 1st time buyers and housing for older people to downsize to(freeing up family homes)

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 10:06:56      reply with quote

I agree. However Tory housing policy is totally skewed towards those who have. Check out Polly Toynbee on the Guardian web site for a good review of the situation.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 14:23:26      reply with quote

posted by victor
Grandad may I suggest you take midways advice and refresh your memory, see the post from a councillor. " not just moan because of 20odd houses, nimbies we can do without, look forwards, we can not afford to stay still."
See also Peters post on page 2 19/07/2013
"Silsden Town Council voted for the housing"
Victor, I know my old eyes are not what they were, But One councillor saying the houses are ok is not the council voting for them.
And I have looked and not found the post by peter saying the council did vote for them.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 15:18:40      reply with quote

granddad see midways post above, Re Let's refresh our memory. On page 2 of this is Peters post 19/07/2013

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 15:49:31      reply with quote

NOTE THIS WAS FROM A POST DATED 19/7/2013}

posted by Peter
Silsden Town Council Planning Agenda for July
www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_13/13_planning/STC_Gp_&_Planning_agenda_july2013.pdf

Silsden Town Council voted for the housing. The consensus of opinion was development on this land was going to happen, as this is Bradford owned land. If they objected to this development it would be developed by the Wimpey's of the building trade and we could get a greater density and perhaps an unsympathetic development.

However, there was a concern about the amount of extra traffic which would be generated and the impact the development will have on Howden Road traffic and the Howden Road / Kirkgate junction. There was also concern for the pressure on schooling. This was seen as a problem for this development and any future development in this area.

STC, although approving the development will express their concerns about the traffic and schooling provision.
PS Correction I got it wrong (Just to clarify: Silsden Town Councillors voted 4 to object and 3 not to object, therefore an objection to the development on grounds discussed above will be lodged by the Town Council.)

Note my Post Script on the quoted post, STC actually voted to object (4 to object and 3 not to object) to these houses which were later approved by Bradford. You should also appreciate in 2013 there was not the same concern about the lack of school places, sewage, electricity, and flooding problems which are all to familiar 3 years later.

However, this topic is about the STC Planning Meeting on Thursday and not about past planning decisions. I hope you are all going to attend so that you can appreciate the difficult (unpaid) job STC do on our behalf and you will not have to read about it all second hand, or perhaps misreported in the Keighley News.

Note2 The 5 x four bedroom houses proposed, if approved, will be built on industrial land so another job location in Silsden will be lost. In the Silsden Survey you said you wanted affordable starter homes to be built, these will be in the 300K + bracket and hardly affordable for many people in Silsden and not for any couple trying to get on the housing ladder.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 16:09:11      reply with quote

Blooming Heck Peter and I used to believe everything you said.
Grandad please accept my apology I was led astray by another.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 09:53:33      reply with quote

posted by victor
Blooming Heck Peter and I used to believe everything you said.
Grandad please accept my apology I was led astray by another.
Victor apology accepted.
Please stop trying to undermine the work done for this town by our town councillors, yes they are human and sometimes do make mistakes, but they do try their best.
If you or anybody think you can do better, then you know what to do.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 11:06:12      reply with quote

Grandad If I put in planning permission and only two out of ten councillors voted to object to it, and it went forward from Silsden town council as an objection then I would not be very happy. May I also suggest to all, if you put in planning permission go to the Silsden town planning meeting and see how it is dealt with.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 14:57:18      reply with quote

abstention

1. an instance of declining to vote for or against a proposal or motion.
"a resolution passed by 126 votes to none, with six abstentions"
synonyms: refusal to vote, abstaining, non-voting; informal sitting on the fence
"the election was marked by a high rate of abstention"

"sitting on the fence" so the objectors have it... and as I said in a previous post (on this thread) the objection was about taking down a wall and the building was listed. In this capacity the objection was advisory to a higher authority.

BTW the correction to the STC voting on my post on the housing application at the top of Banklands Lane, 3 years ago was corrected on the same post 3 years ago - shuda gone to specsavers. happy :)

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 17:56:10      reply with quote

posted by victor
Grandad If I put in planning permission and only two out of ten councillors voted to object to it, and it went forward from Silsden town council as an objection then I would not be very happy. May I also suggest to all, if you put in planning permission go to the Silsden town planning meeting and see how it is dealt with.
Victor, as I said before YES this IS democracy.
Not everybody as an opinion one way or another on everything, so they do not vote.
What else do you expect them to do?
Yes Victor please do go to every Town Council meeting, THEN you will know how things are done properly
Might I suggest also you read, "Citrine's ABC of Chairmanship", like I have then you will know how it works.
solid wood flooring

victor
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 18:22:57      reply with quote

Peter we will have to take your word for that as I can no longer find your post.
Grandad more people should go to the meetings and be enlightened as I was.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 19:43:31      reply with quote

Grandad, I hear what your saying, but, on matters of crucial interests to the community, there is surely an obligation on those who represent our interests to listen to the views of people in the community & an obligation to have the courage of there convictions & vote 'yeah or nay'. Sitting on the fence & thinking 'I cant be arsed' just is not acceptable.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 22:14:54      reply with quote

posted by victor
Peter we will have to take your word for that as I can no longer find your post.
Grandad more people should go to the meetings and be enlightened as I was.
9th post down on this page

silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=5498&recordnum=35

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

22/04/2016 : 09:00:06      reply with quote

posted by Mickyfinn
Grandad, I hear what your saying, but, on matters of crucial interests to the community, there is surely an obligation on those who represent our interests to listen to the views of people in the community & an obligation to have the courage of there convictions & vote 'yeah or nay'. Sitting on the fence & thinking 'I cant be arsed' just is not acceptable.
It is not a case of "I can't be arsed" sometimes people just do not know which way to vote, so rather than unduly influence the outcome they abstain.
Has do millions of the public at every election.

Replies in this thread : 24

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > STC PLANNING MEETING - Thurs, 21 April  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to