Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > A 35,000 Pop Bottle Keighley Coffee House Codd Bottle

Replies in this thread : 10

Author

Topic : A 35,000 Pop Bottle Keighley Coffee House Codd Bottle

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 20:50:14      reply with quote

Yes belive it or not there is an old pop bottle out there somewhere with a value of 35,000, I used to bottle dig back in the 70s and have been looking for this bottle for over 40 years now.
There is not a complete one known in existance but i have seen two broken ones over the years one recoverd from Marley tip in Keighley and another also broken dug up on a tip in Silsden, If anyone knows of a undamaged example i know a bottle collector who is willing to pay 35,000 for it.
The bottle is a colbolt blue victorian codd bottle with a colbolt blue marbel and has Keighley coffee house embossed on it please let me know if you know of one
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 22:14:59      reply with quote

Is this the one

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2016 : 22:41:51      reply with quote

Yep that's the one middy that one was found on Marley tip in the 90s by a window cleaner from Ridelsden it was in about 50 bits when he found it but has been repaired useing resin to make up the missing bits but still worth a few thousand even in that repaired condition

hat
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2016 : 09:43:58      reply with quote

what makes it so collectible?

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2016 : 13:28:30      reply with quote

posted by hat
what makes it so collectible?
What makes it so collectible hat is it's colour and it's rarety, Codd bottles that are aqua colour are only worth a few pounds i found a 10oz S Hoyle of Kighley bulb neck codd bottle some years back on a tip in silsden but it was olive green with an olive green marble so quite rare the bidding started at 650 and ended at 950 not bad for an old pop bottle

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2016 : 14:07:52      reply with quote

i had a green one cant think what i did with it,but going to look for it 'happy :)');

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2016 : 14:25:44      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
i had a green one cant think what i did with it,but going to look for it 'happy :)');
doggy if you come across it let me know and i will give you some details of a place to put it in auction were you will get the very best price for it (Life Is Good)

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2016 : 15:05:41      reply with quote

Please explain hillbilly, whats the glass marble for?

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2016 : 17:22:51      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by midway
Please explain hillbilly, whats the glass marble for?
Well middy that is an easy question to answer (It is so you can have a game of marbles when you have drunk all the pop) Life is Good

Tbag
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 07:51:52      reply with quote

OMG my Dad and I used to collect bottles, we definitely had the ones with the marbles, and some other coloured bottles. He walked them up under the stairs in our old house oops!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2016 : 15:21:43      reply with quote

You wont find any in there doggy.

Replies in this thread : 10

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > A 35,000 Pop Bottle Keighley Coffee House Codd Bottle  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to