Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > The UK Police Forces

Replies in this thread : 8

Author

Topic : The UK Police Forces

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

26/04/2016 : 16:54:11      reply with quote

I cannot,for the life in me, understand why in this day and age, we have so many different police forces around the country
In Yorkshire alone we have four I believe, but I may stand corrected.
Each force employs a Chief Constable, several deputies and then
several assistant Chief Constables etc, etc
We are crying out for more bobbies on the beat, so let's abolish some, if not all,these unwanted layers and spend the money on more bobbies
As for the post of Police Commissioner, this is an utter waste of public money and should be abandonded NOW
Furthermore why can we not have just one police force for the whole of Yorkshire, each area of North, West, South and East Yorkshire having just one assistant Chief Constable
Yorkshire is the largest county and I am sure smaller counties could join forces, so to speak, for instance Norfolk and Suffolk become one under East Anglia.
I am sure vast amounts of public monies could be saved and spent where it is needed
And no I am NOT standing for local, district or any other election. I am an ordinary chap who cannot stand wasting public money when things are supposedly so tight.
There, I feel much better now for getting that off my chest!
click for more information

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

26/04/2016 : 18:35:25      reply with quote

Well said Jolly bob, having been a special in the 70/80 this change in leadership was just starting and it was said then that the force will end up top heavy.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 07:54:03      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

We actually have three police forces locally.

1 The national police run through West Yorkshire

2 The local police, called PCSOs.(I know currently run by West Yorkshire)

3 The council police who sort out parking, parks etc.

So let us be honest and formalize the common European system of a national police force and local police force run by the local authority.

In most countries though the local police covers only urban areas, country areas are covered by the national police.

Maybe we could adopt the US system with a town Sheriff voted in?

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 08:07:41      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by old_miner
We actually have three police forces locally.

1 The national police run through West Yorkshire

2 The local police, called PCSOs.(I know currently run by West Yorkshire)

3 The council police who sort out parking, parks etc.

So let us be honest and formalize the common European system of a national police force and local police force run by the local authority.

In most countries though the local police covers only urban areas, country areas are covered by the national police.

Maybe we could adopt the US system
with a town Sheriff voted in?
Bradford met couldn't not run an orgy in a brothel, so why in the name of Bealzebub, would you give them power over the pics force which is already failing???

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 09:38:26      reply with quote

I suppose a Tory council would know how to run an orgy in a brothel. This would make a Tory council ideal for running the local police.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 09:59:37      reply with quote

No place for politicians in running police forces.At present its a Labour candidate running our police on a 100,000 salary+expenses.I bet most people do not remember an election to vote for him or even know his name!!

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 10:00:03      reply with quote

I was only thimking of the main police forces. The council can do what they want - they always do.
What has a Tory Council got to do with the police force? I am purposely keeping politics out of this conversation

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 10:03:17      reply with quote

Gazzer. Just the facts I wish to draw to peoples attention.What a waste of money!!!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2016 : 10:21:50      reply with quote

posted by Jolly Bob
Gazzer. Just the facts I wish to draw to peoples attention.What a waste of money!!!!
It will go to a "Yorkshire Police" force and the events in South Yorkshire surrounding the football and Rotherham will speed the process up. Scotland has the one police force these days.
I feel sorry for the people of North Yorkshire who will see their Road Traffic Police replaced by speed cameras and that will effect safety on rural roads.

Replies in this thread : 8

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > The UK Police Forces  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to