Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Traffic Congestion Notification

Replies in this thread : 13

Author

Topic : Traffic Congestion Notification

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

08/06/2016 : 20:52:55      reply with quote

Silsden AFC Juniors Annual 6-aside Tournament is on this weekend Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th June.

We are expecting a high volume of traffic and whilst we will try to get the vehicles parked as quickly as possible on the old Riverside Mill complex and keep congestion to a minimum, between 8.15am and 9.30am is likely to be extremely busy.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused but we will try and keep the roads as free as possible.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2016 : 08:16:01      reply with quote

nb.I am not connected with Silsden AFC other than as a supporter.
There is no reason for people to be delayed this time with advance warning people can set off a bit earlier.Its an annual event so no excuse for people not to be aware.

We know what will happen

The football club will do everything to get people to park in designated parking areas.
Some visitors will ignore Silsden AFC officials and park where they want.
Someone will be on here complaining about being delayed even though they have read this.
Someone will claim the path is blocked so you cant get a wheelchair/pushchair past even though the path is not wide enough in places, with or without cars parked or whether they have a wheelchair/pushchair or not.
Someone who does not drive past will complain on behalf of unknown persons because they like complaining.
None of the serial annual complainers will have volunteered to help.

It is a fantastic weekend for local kids and I am sure I speak for the majority of Silsden people in thanking in advance to the volunteers who give up their time for this weekend, and in fact the whole year.We know you will be doing your best to make sure things run smoothly on the field and the roads.
If you are reading this and attending please follow advice when parking.

dins
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2016 : 19:32:42      reply with quote

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2016 : 20:49:34      reply with quote

So the message is that so long as one announces beforehand that you are going to cause a nuisance and inconvenience then it is OK.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2016 : 21:13:02      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
So the message is that so long as one announces beforehand that you are going to cause a nuisance and inconvenience then it is OK.
No its not right if people cant follow instructions from volunteers or The Highway Code.But its no different to Silsden Gala,roadworks or cycle races only this event is solely for the benefit of children enjoying sport. Two half days of very slight inconvenience is nothing really compared to the benefits.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2016 : 22:53:37      reply with quote

Do you have( Police No Parking )cones for this event?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2016 : 07:50:39      reply with quote

posted by wheelaman123
Do you have( Police No Parking )cones for this event?
I was involved I was in a meeting with a police inspector on this very subject.Legally only the police can put out no waiting cones but the did not have the resources to do so.However she did arrange to drop some cones off to help the situation.
I understand Cllr Naylor is still involved in trying to get yellow lines put down which is the long term answer. Bradford Council dont have the money or so they say.A bit of the extra the got for the library could be used.I ran an online petition on Bradford Councils website but it turned out not enough people thought it was a problem.

I have seen cones put out with volunteers in attendence but people still park where they want.Even seen a 4x4 parked on top of a cone!.I was suggested the club use the scouts that are used on gala day but I spoke to them at the gala and they said they could only ask people not to park somewhere.If ignored they would not say anything more on legal and safety grounds.

If anybody does have any problems please dont have a keyboard rant at volunteers, contact Bradford Council re yellow lines.

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/volunteer

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2016 : 11:36:25      reply with quote

Contact the Police Duty Inspector or Sergeant and request PCSO to be in attendance. This used to be the way to get there involvement in the past.

Harvey spicer
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2016 : 12:37:16      reply with quote

Bradford council say they don't have the money....

yet they waste 1.3 million on the great wall of cringles, a wall that was just about fine as it was ...............

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2016 : 12:50:10      reply with quote

posted by Harvey spicer
Bradford council say they don't have the money....

yet they waste 1.3 million on the great wall of cringles, a wall that was just about fine as it was ...............
They probably got a deal 2 for 1 i.e. a grant was available for 650K if Bradford matched it... so a bargain for something which didn't need doing.

Sorry guys for changing the topic, but I couldn't resist happy :)

I hope you all have a good weekend and the parents of your young footballers do not make life dangerous for all of us trying to use the road at the weekend.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 13:50:05      reply with quote

Free flowing traffic today, only problem were idiots parking either side of bridge but PCSO was sorting them out with parking tickets. Well done to the organisers.

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 14:22:05      reply with quote

Hope you all had a grand weekend,traffic not bad at all but worth it to see so many kids out in the fresh air enjoying sport!

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 17:55:37      reply with quote

saw one idiot moving a police cone so he could park there! think he was maybe a car booter.

hope everyone else but him had a great time laugh :D

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 18:44:14      reply with quote

Many thanks for all your patience over this past weekend.

The event was a huge success with over 1,700 junior boys and girls playing the sport they love.

Dont forget the Sports Club is not only for Bowls, Cricket and Football but over the past couple of years we have added, Ladies Rounders, Road Running for all ages and Karate.

Why not consider joining one of the above groups as a player, supporter or committee?

Replies in this thread : 13

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Traffic Congestion Notification  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to