Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > EU DEBATE - Friday 17 June 7pm - Keighley

Replies in this thread : 14

Author

Topic : EU DEBATE - Friday 17 June 7pm - Keighley

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2016 : 19:19:38      reply with quote

click for more information

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

10/06/2016 : 22:47:49      reply with quote

has anybody made their minds up yet about which way to vote, not been any discussion on here about it.I am still undecided

logicale
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2016 : 06:43:54      reply with quote

Think i`m going to vote for the one that tells the least lies

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2016 : 07:17:49      reply with quote

I'll throw my hat into the ring and say I will vote to Leave. Immigration issues and having control of our own affairs swings it for me.
And please don't say I'm racist, because I'm not.... it's about numbers, and whether we can cope in future.
Big decision for the country..

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2016 : 07:42:46      reply with quote

Immigration is a funny one.

Economically our predominantly older population needs a younger population to support it. Interestingly some of the biggest complainers about immigration are older people, and if the TV and personal acquaintance is anything to go by they often have a foreign accent!

If we eliminate the European immigration then either social care and agriculture suffer, or immigrants are brought in from outside Europe which always seems a strange stance for right wing leave the EU people.

Of course with the end of London and the UK as a financial centre there will be a lot of surplus Labour. However the crashing pound will again make us an economic manufacturing centre so that will probably pick up much of the labour.

Of course by now Labour will be in power and out of the EU will be able to nationalise much of our now foreign owned infrastructure industry which will mean New British trains rather than imports from the US and Spain.

It really is a case of be careful what you wish for.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2016 : 07:56:22      reply with quote

Saw this that makes me think

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Hollandís AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2016 : 08:07:21      reply with quote

old miner... you say it's the right wing that wants to leave, but many Labour supporters want to leave as well. If Corbyn was honest, he is a longstanding Eurosceptic and has voted that way many times.
This issue goes beyond politics, it's what sort of a country we want for the future, and the people can now have a say, and ignore old style politics which are now discredited anyway.
Try to see things without bringing Left and Right into it every time, things are going to change.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2016 : 17:30:29      reply with quote

For about the last 400 yrs Britain has been fighting to stop the Europeans from ruling our country, then we agreed to stay in a common market which the politicians had taken us into. We were never asked if we wanted to join the federal Europe or if we the people wanted it to now include almost every bankrupt Easton country in Europe.
So why on Earth should we vote to stay shackled to it now?
The only reason Germany wants us to stay is so we can be used as a cash cow to prop up this corrupt inefficient union of countries.
I have already used my postal vote to leave, I hope most of you will do the same.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

11/06/2016 : 22:06:59      reply with quote

I have tried to avoid making any claims that cannot be substantiated, such as vague EU grants.

We are Europeans as we live on an area called Europe.

Borders are like religion. They are in the mind. I have never seen a border. No proof exists that a God, or gods exist.

Racism too is rubbish, we are all of the same race, homo sapiens (the clever ones!!!)

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 09:01:31      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
I have tried to avoid making any claims that cannot be substantiated, such as vague EU grants.

THE Daily Echo can reveal today that a huge payout of EU cash was made to Ford just before the company closed its Southampton plant Ė and it went to boost Transit production in Turkey.

This paper has already disclosed how £10m of UK Government cash was approved to help British Ford operations just days before the Swaythling bombshell was dropped.

And now we have learnt that a cheap £80m EU loan to ramp up production of Transit vans in Turkey was also signed off just months before Fordís devastating Southampton announcement.

The loan from the European Unionís bank, owned by Britain and fellow member states, was agreed in June as part of a billion dollar investment plan Ė about £600m Ė for Fordís sprawling 395-acre site in Kocaeli which is taking over production of Transits from Southampton.

www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/10020273.Ford_s___80m_EU_loan_to_boost_Turkey_factory___and_close_ours/

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 09:43:54      reply with quote

THE arguments for and against Brexit will be aired by two keynote speakers in the main sales ring at Skipton Auction mart next week.

Owen Patterson, MP for North Shropshire and Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs from 2012-14, and Bedfordshire farmer Sir Peter Kendall, president of the National Farmers Union from 2006-14 and now chairman of the Agriculture and Horticultural Development Board, are the headline speakers.

Mr Patterson is pro-Brexit, while Sir Peter, who was knighted in the 2015 Year Honours List, is keen for the UK to remain in the EU.

They will state their cases on Wednesday, eight days before the in/out EU referendum on June 23.

The debate, titled Farming Through Brexit, will be hosted by the Lothersdale Agricultural Society Discussion Group and will begin at 7.30pm. Admission is free.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 10:51:33      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

im for LEAVE,but my prediction of the whole result will be 55% stay..45% leave. ps thats a long list gazzer i bet some one could add to it as well,all weve got left is yorkshire puds and fish & chips'sad :(');

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 14:37:28      reply with quote

Cameran is just like Baldwin was in the pre war negotiations with Hitler, he came back waving a piece of worthless paper; believing he had it all sorted.
The PM now comes back saying he has renegotiated the British deal with the E.U. then they say nothing has been decided; and will not be decided until after we have our referendum.
Now Cameran and his cronies are fighting to keep their jobs at the expense of British jobs for British people, these immigrants will work for peanuts.
And before anybody says the British wont work; they would rather have benefits, I say if they are fit to work and there are jobs to go to, then they should not be getting benefits.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

12/06/2016 : 18:55:37      reply with quote

The real question is why the British Government never applies for any of these grants. Plenty of British institutions that can do so directly get quite,a bit. I have personally benefited in respect of education.

The really sad aspect of this whole debate is how those who benefit most from being in the EU are conned by a popular press with weird agendas. The big joke is that a Brexit vote will probably finish off the useless papers.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/06/2016 : 17:23:21      reply with quote

THE DEBATE TONIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Replies in this thread : 14

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > EU DEBATE - Friday 17 June 7pm - Keighley  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to