Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > GREAT BRITAIN

Replies in this thread : 74
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : GREAT BRITAIN

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 07:13:48      reply with quote

Crikey....cant believe I'm first on on this topic. Well it happened,we've only gone n done it!!!!!
click for more information

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 07:32:39      reply with quote

Turkeys have voted for Christmas.

Lunatics are running the asylum.

Enjoy what you voted for.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 11:47:07      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

As an economic community the EEC was a clever idea.Moving towards a closer union wasnt. The political elite in Westminster and Brussels did not listen to the people in the belief they know best.And why not its not as if the people could remove those in Brussels.

So it led to yesterdays vote and now other countries are eyeing up the same so you can bet there will be massive changes in the EU.

Power to the people!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 12:24:00      reply with quote

Next up why not a referendum about those other politicians who do not listen and lets vote to leave Bradford!!

HB
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 13:10:24      reply with quote

so are we going for a Silsden exit then
#sexit

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 13:16:19      reply with quote

posted by HB
so are we going for a Silsden exit then
#sexit

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 13:51:30      reply with quote

Saw this on Twitter

'Peter Hitchens ‏@ClarkeMicah 4h

.@carrrtoschka 2. An alliance between old Labour and social conservatives won the referendum. It could also win an election.'

Great point from Peter Hitchens there. A mix of foundational, old school 'proper' Labour values and much sought after social conservatism has shown itself a potent mix. Time to bury the long rotting corpses that are the Labour Party and the Tories, and replace them with parties that properly represent true social/economic concerns rather than their own selfish utopian ideals and agendas.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 16:35:05      reply with quote

Old Labour, now that is a good idea. Nationalisation without EU constraints of competition rules. Well it has happened now so time to dust off the red flag.

Plenty of council housing will be needed in those rural area for a work force that won't put up with the immigrant conditions. Decent pay will mean food prices will double, a small price to pay for coming out the EU.

Same for all the new factories we will build as we return to the good old days of supplying the world with manufactured goods. New factories and new houses for the workers.

I think I might have been wrong about the whole thing. Yes, let the unions and land owners work together. A new Jerusalem will be built over England's green and pleasant land.

Onwards the workers, a chain has been removed.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 18:03:53      reply with quote

old minor, why don't you stop with your out of date rhetoric?
You are probably happy that the pm lives in a council house for free then lets house house out for 65.000!
The people have voted, that is democracy; so live with it or move.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 20:59:37      reply with quote

Have you never heard of irony?

I am a forward looking pro European. Your out of date rhetoric is what the out campaign peddled and unfortunately it worked. However consequences can have a habit of back firing and a campaign financed and produced by a bunch of blatant capitalists using a disconnected working class has all the ingredients for events not to run as expected. I reckon Labour will be in with a massive majority in 2020 and with no EU competition restraints then they can let rip. Nationalisation and enhanced Union power.

Next few years are going to be fun.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 22:50:59      reply with quote

What nonsense you peddle old miner.

Brexit won yet still some die-hard Remainers continue to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt. Accept reality, we are leaving the EU and we'll do just fine thank you very much.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

24/06/2016 : 23:27:54      reply with quote

If xenophobia is not the fear peddled by brexit what on earth were they talking about?

Anyhow they are in the driving seat now, let us see what happens.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 09:24:00      reply with quote

when the scots had the vote to leave us it was said that if they voted to leave then on the leaving date if you lived in Scotland you could become Scottish. Now we have voted to leave the EU will the same apply to the UK and if so what will stop anyone from the EU coming over before the date. The deal on benefits Cameron came back with will not now happen, anyone from the EU will be able to claim straight away.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 09:32:18      reply with quote

posted by jonno
What nonsense you peddle old miner.

Brexit won yet still some die-hard Remainers continue to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt. Accept reality, we are leaving the EU and we'll do just fine thank you very much.
Well said!

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 09:33:45      reply with quote

posted by victor
when the scots had the vote to leave us it was said that if they voted to leave then on the leaving date if you lived in Scotland you could become Scottish. Now we have voted to leave the EU will the same apply to the UK and if so what will stop anyone from the EU coming over before the date. The deal on benefits Cameron came back with will not now happen, anyone from the EU will be able to claim straight away.
It would not have happened anyway! Nothing, but nothing would be ratified, before or after the vote.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 09:51:53      reply with quote

Gamekeeper my point was what will stop as many EU residents coming to the UK before the date we leave, so they can become UK passport holders.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 11:43:59      reply with quote

old minor, If you think Europe is so good, why don't you move over there, and leave the rest of us to get on with our lives; without the anchor that is the EU?

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 13:46:28      reply with quote

If I am not mistaken I already live in Europe.

I certainly do not live in cloud cuckoo land.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 15:26:19      reply with quote

Old Miner: Churchill said, "We are with Europe but not of it. We are linked but not compromised. We are interested & associated but not absorbed. If Britain must choose between Europe & the open sea, she must always choose the open sea". In my opinion we have been compromised & we have been absorbed. Now is the time to get out into the open sea & trade freely.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 15:51:16      reply with quote

posted by victor
Gamekeeper my point was what will stop as many EU residents coming to the UK before the date we leave, so they can become UK passport holders.
That question has yet to be answered. I've heard that those who have been here for a defined period of years will be allowed to remain. Those who come now will not. I don't know how accurate that is though.

Grandparent
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 15:55:50      reply with quote

posted by Mickyfinn
Old Miner: Churchill said, "We are with Europe but not of it. We are linked but not compromised. We are interested & associated but not absorbed. If Britain must choose between Europe & the open sea, she must always choose the open sea". In my opinion we have been compromised & we have been absorbed. Now is the time to get out into the open sea & trade freely.
I remember that quote used during the 75 referendum, I couldn't remember it in total. So thank you. I was thinking about it when one of Sir Winston's grandsons apparently said Winston would not have wanted us to leave. ?????
solid wood flooring

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 16:24:03      reply with quote

www.neweuropeans.net/article/604/revealing-deception-about-winston-churchill

victor
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 17:24:59      reply with quote

Gamekeeper I think it will be the same for anyone from the UK living in Spain will they have to become Spanish to be able to own property ?.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 17:37:05      reply with quote

Citizenship is not something handed out like sweets

https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizenship

victor
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 18:06:37      reply with quote

Peter I have friends who live in Spain and they own property, they told me that you can only own property in Spain if you are a EU passport holder, so what do you think will happen?. Also I am sure the Scottish vote said you could become a Scottish passport holder if you lived in Scotland on the day they got independence.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 18:19:15      reply with quote

Midway: If this journalist's article is accurate I will eat humble pie & stand corrected. But I still feel that this nation's sovereignty has been compromised & I also believe that as a trading nation we should look to wider horizons to bring us greater wealth & prosperity. I voted 'NO' in the 1975 Referendum not wanting to remain in the EEC because I was concerned that membership of this 'club' would inevitably lead to a Franco-German dominated political union. The EU is, in my mind, the precursor, and one I do not to be associated with.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 18:43:30      reply with quote

Still not sure? Well, you can easily check for yourself, by reading all that Churchill said to Parliament on 11 May 1953 by a look at Hansard for that day.

hansard.millbanksystems.com/people/mr-winston-churchill/1953

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 19:04:50      reply with quote

Victor, there will be lots of rumours and until article 50 is involked we are still members of the EU, and even after that there will still be 2 years of negotiation when things like residency will have to be resolved. Don't forget all these things work both ways.

The following is the UK Gov advice on buying in Spain

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-buy-property-in-spain

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 19:25:07      reply with quote

Churchill was not always right. Dardenelles and gold standard come to mind.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 19:34:56      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
Churchill was not always right. Dardenelles and gold standard come to mind.
old miner.... no one is ever always right... unless it's old miner of course.. be positive for a change.. the people have voted on EU, let's be positive going forward, and make a success of it.. It will be tough no doubt, and will take time, but let's give it a real go, and get our country back.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 19:49:30      reply with quote

just back from warmer climate,great result lets put the GREAT in to great britain again 'happy :)');

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2016 : 23:55:20      reply with quote

Another good read

www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/25/left-behind-eu-referendum-vote-ukip-revolt-brexit

regor
Website Member

Website Member

26/06/2016 : 07:36:50      reply with quote

Well at least that is Silsden's housing development sorted for the next few years

victor
Website Member

Website Member

26/06/2016 : 08:19:23      reply with quote

Peter the info you posted is 2013 and it talks about EU members and Switzerland rights. If we want the same rights as Switzerland then we will have to have freedom of movement.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

26/06/2016 : 08:42:34      reply with quote

Will a cheering turkey please tell us what those who lead brexit are going to do now?

So far forget extra money for NHS from Farage.

Immigration will be controlled rather than stopped from a brexit MEP as it will be part of trade pact.

Workers right to be cut Priti Patel.

From Johnson and Gove sweet FA.

Nirvana is already crumbling.

Corbyn sadly turned out to be a wet fish. That one I will concede. Johnson for PM, Plenty of professional comedians could do a better job.

Come on turkeys you voted for Christmas now deliver the presents.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/06/2016 : 08:57:15      reply with quote

Victor, I just referenced the official gov info. However, I do know there are no restrictions to foreigners buying properties in this country, and you don't have to be a member of the EU.

Evidence of this is all the Russians buying London property and pushing the prices up.

Replies in this thread : 74
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > GREAT BRITAIN  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to