Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Pavement blocked

Replies in this thread : 20

Author

Topic : Pavement blocked

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2016 : 23:46:13      reply with quote

this post has been edited 6 time(s)

Im surprised none of the people who complain for unknown persons about blocked pavements have not mentioned this

click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2016 : 00:12:00      reply with quote

Im sure I posted a picture last year of Bradford Council cleaning this area up ready for selling adjacent land

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2016 : 08:45:42      reply with quote

Its not just this footpath most footpaths and roads are suffering from neglect. Lonbottom Avenue is to get its pot holes filled and hopefully a full dressing next year. I saw the Council guy marking up and asked him about the other roads and paths.He said there was no money due to Government cuts but had no answer when I pointed out nothing had been spent before the cuts

Periodic Table
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2016 : 20:12:47      reply with quote

I today walked past all this, in the rain on the way to Steeton. It was most unpleasant, it would be nice if someone could cut it back a bit. I was shocked at the state of the pavement generally in Silsden, very uneven, especially for those of us who are not so spritley anymore.

Curtis
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2016 : 20:32:46      reply with quote

What about starting a campaign to have all footpaths and roads repaired to a good standard by the utility companies who have been digging up the roads in Silsden for the past years. The High Street footpaths were relayed by the council some years ago to a good standard and then excavated by whoever ??? And have settled leaving uneven footpaths.. Local roads have been excavated and repaired to a poor standard who is responsible forinspection of these repairs.. or are they. It is your money originally that has been used and the utilitiy companies have not carried out repairs to a similar standard how can we hold these to account your views or advice welcome.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2016 : 21:29:59      reply with quote

Tory cuts.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2016 : 21:39:09      reply with quote

Local highways maintenance funding: 2015/2016 to 2020/2021
maps.dft.gov.uk/local-highways-maintenance-funding/#yorkshire-humber

Curtis
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2016 : 22:35:42      reply with quote

Sorry being new to all this council funding and who pays for what I thought the council were responsible for the maintainance of the roads and footpaths,but if a private company I.e. Water,gas, electric dig up said roads and footpaths when they were in good condition,they should be responsible for returning them to the same condition.Is it me or am I having hallucinations that when they repair these roads etc they are not smooth,flat or even use the same type of Tarmac as the original. For instance another grape pot holes Ings way a company or council have been payed to fill in potholes , ok eat the two at the junction of with Brinley Road half filled not even to edges of hole will lift at first frost. Who is responsible for accepting this shoddy work.I see the above comments but with respect they miss the point it cannot be the council unless they are filling in the holes and resurfacing the roads and footpaths on behalf of the utilitiy companies. please correct me if I'm wrong.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2016 : 23:03:59      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
Tory cuts.
When the Tories were in power before Blair/Brown was the last time the roads were maintained so perhaps incorrect to chirp Tory Cuts!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2016 : 23:19:22      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I brought this topic up at the STC meeting tonight and it will be reported to Bradford. Don't hold your breath that the grass will be cut soon, but Bradford do actually know it needs cutting and hopefully the pavement will be usable by pedestrians again.

This problem is not anything new, we have to ask for this area to be cut every year. The only time they cleaned the area up, without a request going to them first, was when they wanted to sell the land.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2016 : 07:38:12      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
posted by old_miner
Tory cuts.
When the Tories were in power before Blair/Brown was the last time the roads were maintained so perhaps incorrect to chirp Tory Cuts!
The good old days!!!!

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2016 : 08:07:35      reply with quote

bl**dy h*ll whats up with folk in silsden every thread on here turns to politics GET A LIFE !!! 'angry');

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2016 : 09:28:02      reply with quote

In reply to said footpath there is a clear walk on the other side of the road just cross over. Morrison Utility are the contractors who dig up and reinstate road works..

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2016 : 10:11:19      reply with quote

It is the duty of ALL of us to report problems as and when we see it. There is far too much of the "it's not my problem" and walking by on the other side of the street.

Gone are the days when there was someone local that would sort a street light out or fill a pothole - we have to tell someone about it and this someone is BRADFORD.

On this forum there is no point moaning about a faulty street light, or a water/gas leak, or uncut hedges because nothing will get done .... BRADFORD will not know about the problem unless YOU tell them.

To report

Report a faulty street light now
Report a pothole or uneven surface
Report blocked gullies and drains
Report fly posting
Report fly tipping
Report graffiti
Report litter
Report problems on paths or roads, or other issues
Request street cleaning

Use this link

https://www.bradford.gov.uk/transport-and-travel/report-issues/report-faulty-street-lights/

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

11/07/2016 : 17:50:04      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
Im sure I posted a picture last year of Bradford Council cleaning this area up ready for selling adjacent land
All been sorted out now by two top local men who live near by i passed today and they were hard at work with a strimmer great job lads well done that could well have saved someone been seriously injured or killed

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

11/07/2016 : 18:08:34      reply with quote

I have tried reporting blocked drains to Bradford Council on many occasions since Christmas.

They are still all blocked !!

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2016 : 10:51:33      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
bl**dy h*ll whats up with folk in silsden every thread on here turns to politics GET A LIFE !!! 'angry');

Ignoring the politics behind any situation such as this is an attempt to deflect the discussion away from those responsible.

One of the good things about the Brexit vote is that the centre might push back power down the line. This sort of problem is one that should be dealt with by a Silsden authority rather than a city authority such as Bradford.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2016 : 14:27:32      reply with quote

It used to be dealt with locally, before Bradford took averything away from the Town, and used it to the benefit of Bradford.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2016 : 20:10:15      reply with quote

Actually central government 're-organised' local government. Bradford acquired Silsden amongst many others. Meant to be more efficient, and so reducing the rates. To further keep the rates down central government took on many once local responsibilities, education and health for example.
While local authorities take the flak it is central government that calls the tune. Handy for unpopular actions!!

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

13/07/2016 : 16:00:44      reply with quote

Bradford took our equipment, property and jobs, they have not used any of them for the same benefit to Silsden that the S.U.D.C. did.
They could have used it for our Town but instead they use it for Bradford, we do not get a fair share of the money we pay to Bradford.
So it is Bradford to blame not the government.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

13/07/2016 : 18:42:50      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Silsden is a small district of Bradford and has been since the early 1970s. Like all local authorities it has been screwed by successive national governments.

We have three local councillors. If they are not members of the majority political group then those they represent are going to be at the end of the queue. This applies to every political system around the world.

It is not fair, but it is democracy as we currently apply it.

Instead of perpetually whinging about Bradford look to change the system that has created the situation. Brexit it seems is considered a big vote against the system everyone whinges about. Theresa May is taking on the top job with speeches that might have been written for a Labour PM. This suggests she might understand the problems that need sorting.

Will she? Time will tell.
solid wood flooring

Replies in this thread : 20

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Pavement blocked  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to