Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > The state of Silsden's Roads

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : The state of Silsden's Roads

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2016 : 17:12:25      reply with quote

I am yet again becoming incensed over the state of disrepair of some roads in Silsden, in particular Woodside Road and Dradishaw Road.
We live near the top of Woodside Road, which was constructed in the early 1970's.
Apart from superficial unsatisfactory repairs nothing has been done since it's construction.
If something is not done soon the patch of tarmac just below Hawkcliffe view, on the bend, will soon be bare stone. It requires total reconstruction as do several other areas lower down.
When will the Highways Authority do something.
As you travel down Dradishaw Road, towards Elliott Street, it is like travelling "on the rocky road to Dublin".
Since the advent of it becoming a main bus route,these roads have degenerated even further.
I wonder sometimes why we pay our rates to Bradford Met.
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2016 : 17:23:10      reply with quote

You probably should start by telling Bradford about it rather than expecting them to know about it.

https://www.bradford.gov.uk/transport-and-travel/report-issues/report-a-pothole-or-uneven-surface/

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2016 : 17:31:11      reply with quote

posted by Peter
You probably should start by telling Bradford about it rather than expecting them to know about it.

https://www.bradford.gov.uk/transport-and-travel/report-issues/report-a-pothole-or-uneven-surface/

I normally shame them into action by posting photographs of offending roads etc on their Facebook profile. This usually results in fairly rapid action.

On a serious note, I had a friend who damaged their wheel on a pot holes. Because the pothole hadn't been reported, Bradfordistan met would not pay compensation. He wound up paying for a new tyre and alloy wheel, which cost a fortune!

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2016 : 17:55:50      reply with quote

Maybe it would be a good time to have traffic lights there as well, we would be totally hemmed in by roadworks then.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2016 : 19:25:26      reply with quote

Why has this situation developed?

Too many vehicle journeys. Walk more.

Insufficient money to pay for repairs. Pay higher road/local taxes.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2016 : 21:14:57      reply with quote

posted by Peter

Waste of time the budget is taken up this year on Longbottom Avenue. Spoke to the Council guy and thats what he told me, repair this year and top dress next year.Blamed it on Tory cuts but did not answer when I said Aireville Drive/Crescent/Mount have been like it since the Blair years

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

03/08/2016 : 10:22:02      reply with quote

Thanks for the info Peter. Old Miner not so helpful
What also amazes me is the fact that two Silsden Town Councillors live near me, including the present Mayor. What are they doing about this situation?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

03/08/2016 : 10:29:59      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

two Silsden Town Councillors live near me, including the present Mayor. What are they doing about this situation?
Why not ask them, (that's why they are councilors)?

PS contact Nos:
www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_16/16_docs/COUNCIL_DATES_16-05-16.pdf

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

03/08/2016 : 10:33:04      reply with quote

Everything they can, Bradford have been told many times, they don't care about us.
You overestimate the power of this and all the local councils.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

03/08/2016 : 17:27:09      reply with quote

Highway Maintenance - a freedom of information request.
www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/highway_maintenance_15
pay attention to the 94K Download shows costs, also no road maintenance in Silsden 2016/17.
www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/327053/response/806828/attach/html/3/FOI.xls.html

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > The state of Silsden's Roads  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to