Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Your route to Raikes care Home, when Bradley Road is closed.

Replies in this thread : 27

Author

Topic : Your route to Raikes care Home, when Bradley Road is closed.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2016 : 12:41:04      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The best and most sensible route is Skipton road, Purcell Drive and then across the Green. ( you would think the contractors would keep this access clear) unless they have been told otherwise.

click for more information

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2016 : 17:22:23      reply with quote

Thats a good idea middy but can someone have a word with them to tidy that short bit off road because it will get wrecked or it will wreck there cars just drive over and see

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2016 : 20:03:06      reply with quote

Yes walked up this morning, to take some photos, what's the worst that can happen, broken spring may be. I'd prefer that to getting totaled on New Lane.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 16:09:56      reply with quote

Now we are on about diversions, how about opening up the cut. if perhaps only temporally .

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 16:21:15      reply with quote

Good idea if you want someone killed, maybe more than one.. would never work. That's why it has never happened in recent times.

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 17:09:56      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by dexter
Good idea if you want someone killed, maybe more than one.. would never work. That's why it has never happened in recent times.
Disagree, suitable vehicles obviously not hgv or busses, driven carefully, would save a lot of delays, a one way system, outward, could be just what is needed. the residents would probably not like it, but then they will not suffer the effects of the traffic controls quite as much as the rest.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 17:13:49      reply with quote

Landrover... the words "driven carefully" say it all... won't happen, sorry. If you open up this road to traffic some idiot is going to kill someone. There is not enough room even if you had one-way traffic.

Otherworld
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 17:45:46      reply with quote

As the "residents" generally use Belton Road in order to gain access to Keighley Road, they also might be a just teeny bit inconvenienced by queuing traffic. We are all in this together! If Landrover is in a desperate hurry he/she/it is welcome to hire my helicopter.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 19:16:58      reply with quote

A lot of pedestrians, including mothers and children, use this road, and workers from the Industrial Estate. How are they supposed to get through the narrow tunnel on foot if cars are using it as a ratrun to avoid delays? Plus most of Hainsworth Road would be 2-way anyway, it can't be a one way system only.
Get the contractors to work more efficiently and use some common sense to improve traffic flow, don't put people at risk to save a bit of queueing by traffic.
It will be frustrating again, but no one is unaffected, and I don't think this would be a safe solution to the problem.

Kirsty
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 19:23:41      reply with quote

Is it legal to drive over the road on the Green? Being fairly new to the area I didn't know if it was a path or a road or a private road ....

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 19:59:46      reply with quote

I agree it isn't ideal, but clog bridge is going to get even worse. and let's face it trying to exit turning right or left has become more difficult. so what is your opinion on using New road as a diversion to Bradley road, not a lot of thought gone into that.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2016 : 20:16:36      reply with quote

posted by Kirsty
Is it legal to drive over the road on the Green? Being fairly new to the area I didn't know if it was a path or a road or a private road ....
Yes it's OK to use the road, some of the neighboring property owners don't think so, but it is a public road.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

08/08/2016 : 06:39:57      reply with quote

And from the other direction.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/08/2016 : 17:03:46      reply with quote

The roadworks on Bradley Road - The BT road closures WILL NOT TAKE PLACE until the wall repairs have been completed ie sometime after 23 Sept.

BRADLEY ROAD WILL BE CLOSED 15 Aug - 23 SEPT WALL REPAIR (BRADLEY ROAD)
Near 35 Bradley Road, Silsden...The proposed works involve reconstruction of 40m long highway retaining wall which is in poor condition.

NOTE the road across Bradley Green is a unadopted road so cannot be OFFICIALLY used as a diversion. UNOFFICIALLY you can use this as a diversion route. I believe the emergency services have been told to use this road as an access route anyway.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

09/08/2016 : 15:56:19      reply with quote

peter the road across the tip(GREEN) cannot possibly be unadopted as bfd paid for it to be tarmaced when the tunnel was rebuilt. also i have a copy of the orrigional deeds from barron hothfield to silsden urban district council which shows a public highway from skipton road to bradley road.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2016 : 08:23:19      reply with quote

I occasionally use the road under the acqueduct when traffic over the canal is held up. Two wheelers, powered and manual have no problem.

I suggest that many of those people who just drive to the station, or even Keighley or Skipton adopt more effective and efficient methods.

Galaxy
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2016 : 09:58:33      reply with quote

Yes a brisk walk to Keighley or Skipton and back each workday for the next 20 weeks will have us all much fitter and go a long way saving the planet too. Wonder what time I will need to set my alarm???

nabend
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2016 : 14:39:16      reply with quote

That wall looks as though it needs a bit of work doing on it. Perhaps Bradford Met could take on the job. It would only take them a few months. They, after all, put a TPO on the oak that is causing the damage!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2016 : 19:59:31      reply with quote

Ow credit where credits due, we got it sorted didn't we?
Keighley News 11/8/2016

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 13:31:21      reply with quote

If the road is unadopted then the owner should put a toll booth and charge all users.

That would make the news.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 14:33:33      reply with quote

again bfd paid for the road to be tarmaced so how can it be unadopted? it is my official right of way to my waste transfer station,bfd tried years ago to shut the road without success. i would only say watch out for wagons coming and going esspecially in a morning, afternoons are not as busy hahahha.
solid wood flooring

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 14:46:48      reply with quote

Let's not get confused, an unadopted road is not necessarily a private road with no vehicle access. i think we have established there is a right of way across the green. for example
quote skippy
"peter the road across the tip(GREEN) cannot possibly be unadopted as bfd paid for it to be tarmaced when the tunnel was rebuilt. also i have a copy of the orrigional deeds from barron hothfield to silsden urban district council which shows a public highway from skipton road to bradley road".

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 15:04:37      reply with quote

There could be a dispute with the section not tarmacked ( as shown ).

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 15:18:24      reply with quote

For goodness sake, this is an obvious temporary route for locals of Silsden and especially the residents of Bradley Road who will be cut off from the rest of Silsden by the repair of the beck wall on Bradley Road.

The alternative is an impractical lengthy diversion down single track roads.

Club together and get some quarry bottoms put into the potholes and put up with the inconvenience for the time the repairs will take.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 16:08:24      reply with quote

Ow grumpy, don't under estimate how much traffic use bradley road, plenty of private cars, farm vehicles towing trailers, cars towing caravans, milk tankers, lpg and fuel oil deliveries and a chap with a skip business to mention but a few

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 16:38:16      reply with quote

This would never be signed as an official diversion because it is an unadopted road. Without signs only locals should be using it. Good luck using the official (Bradford) diversion.

dins
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2016 : 14:47:19      reply with quote

I use this road every day to get to work at the Raikes, skippy only charges me 20p each way !!!

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2016 : 16:46:13      reply with quote

dins bad news. its a quid each way for the next 10 weeks ahahahahhahaahh

Replies in this thread : 27

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Your route to Raikes care Home, when Bradley Road is closed.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to