Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Yorkshire three peaks.

Replies in this thread : 10

Author

Topic : Yorkshire three peaks.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2016 : 20:33:58      reply with quote

Does anybody fancy walking the three peaks, a good friend of mine does the walk most weeks, he is in training to do the nepal trek to everest base camp early in september. fancy a guided walk leave your contact details and we'll get in touch.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2016 : 20:45:35      reply with quote

Forgot to say, can be walked easily in 12 hrs, he does it in 9 regular, and today he did it in 7hrs 50mts.

cars
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 05:57:19      reply with quote

for a regular walker it maybe easy, but beware, its a hard walk if your not, I did it in 11 hours & needed the next day off work !

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2016 : 11:04:58      reply with quote

Ill put doggys name forward he can do it lol
Good luck middy im sure you can do it with loads of picks

ella
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 11:30:01      reply with quote

Yes please 07769311649

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 12:18:50      reply with quote

ill go if u do greengrass,even with my bad knee, as your weight is back up to normal 'laugh :D');

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 16:22:00      reply with quote

Doggy me and you could go with them and hand water out thats all about we are fit for lol

midway
Website Member

Website Member

19/08/2016 : 21:24:01      reply with quote

( email from Ben ) I did a walk from Claughton to Caton on Sunday 14th Aug 2016 and came across those three monuments on Clougha.
The walk took me on Clougha and found them on the way to Clougha Pike.
At first I thought they were the Three Chairs which is marked on the OS Map.; but they were at the wrong GR SD555 595.
The actual Three Chairs is at GR SD 550 592. No one seems to know what these structures were, and they were professionally made !! On further research, it would appear that the Duke of Westminster had had them built in the late 1990's. I am not totally convinced. So does anyone know anything about them?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

19/08/2016 : 22:01:30      reply with quote

Later on the way back to Caton I came across a series of tall cairns, and one of them caught my attention again. Here, there is no information about them either. Any thought on this?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/09/2016 : 14:14:33      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well he did the walk, arrived back in silsden in the early hours this morning. well done Ben and congratulations on the achievement ( it,s some walk is that ) the wife has invited him up for a meal, he will need to put some weight back on. keep a look out i,m going to post some photos of his trip.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

09/10/2016 : 11:38:03      reply with quote

kathmandu flight to lukla
named the world's most dangerous airport.
Itís a 40-minute flight from Kathmandu Nepal, to the village of Lukla.
One end of the runway abuts a cliff with a 2,000-foot drop. The other end of the runway is a solid stone wall There are no second chances. The plane either lands, or it hits a wall or drops off a cliff. Lukla made headlines around the world in 2011 when thousands of trekkers were stuck for a week due to unrelenting dense fog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI03yD4H8ao

Replies in this thread : 10

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Yorkshire three peaks.   

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to