Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Stone gate post at the top of Hawber Cote Drive

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Stone gate post at the top of Hawber Cote Drive

firtoffee
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 12:45:19      reply with quote

I noticed today that the stone gate post which leads into the fields at the top of Hawber Cote Drive has been removed. Also both the stone gate posts which lead into the field to the right have also been removed and they are laid in the field.
Could this be the way into the new school which is to be built off Hawber Cote Lane?
Also if there is to be a one way system to the proposed school maybe Bradford's plan could be for traffic to turn up Banklands Ave, right into Hawber Cote Drive then into Hawber Cote Lane to drop children off at the school. Then traffic would go back down Banklands Lane forming a one way loop.
I know that we have not been informed about the new route yet and all is in consultation but it does make me wonder.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 13:09:07      reply with quote

Firtoffee---- can you see if anything is happening now, the field at the top of Hawber cote drive as far as i know is not part of the school site, the over head power lines are to be repositioned, could it be that they have made a wider access onto the field to accommodate a crane, victor--- you seen anything.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 15:19:48      reply with quote

Been up and had a look, in my opinion i think it's a maintenance/safety issue, being undertaken by the land owner, the left hand side post has been loose for a long time, broken below ground level.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 15:52:05      reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint all of you with conspiracy theories BUT YESTERDAY, contractors to the farmer, collected all the cut grass in the three fields off the top of Hawber Cote Drive.

They had some very large tractors and trailers which would not go through the gates. This is why the gate posts were removed.

firtoffee
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 17:20:16      reply with quote

Thank you Peter, mystery solved

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2016 : 21:38:16      reply with quote

The gate posts will be reinstated tomorrow.

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Stone gate post at the top of Hawber Cote Drive  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to