Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Bradford LINk roadshow at Silsden Town Hall - 10.30-11.30am, Monday 27th October

Replies in this thread : 4

Author

Topic : Bradford LINk roadshow at Silsden Town Hall - 10.30-11.30am, Monday 27th October

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2008 : 17:00:20      reply with quote

The Bradford LINk (Local Involvement Network) aims to give everyone a say in how health and social care is delivered throughout the district.

Come along to the Bradford LINk roadshow at Silsden Town Hall from 10.30-11.30am on Monday 27th October and find out how you can connect and make a difference.

For further information, please contact Lynn Leadbeatter on (01535) 665258 or email lynn@keighleyvs.org

Thank you for your time, Lynn Leadbeatter Lynn Leadbeatter LINk information and communication officer Keighley Voluntary Services 135 Skipton Road Keighley West Yorkshire BD21 3AU Tel: (01535) 665258 Email: lynn@keighleyvs.org
click for more information

MATTSKI
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2008 : 09:47:04      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Peter, please don't get annoyed with me for commenting on an event thread but I have to say stuff like this really winds me up. Not because of who it is but because of the rediculous times organisations do these things so that the majority of the working population have no chance of getting there. I find it very hard to believe their statement of " aims to give everyone a say in how health and social care is delivered throughout the district" hmmm
I'll get off my soap box now.

lynnleadbeatter
Website Member

Website Member

01/10/2008 : 17:00:07      reply with quote

Hello Mattski,

The LINk team did, in fact, give a lot of thought to the timing of events. We are holding four events in the main centres of population and the Ilkley launch will be from 5.30pm-6.30pm on Monday October 13th at Riddings Hall. This will include a commuters' question time. The Bingley and Shipley event at Victoria Hall, Saltaire, is from 5.30-7.30pm on Thursday 16th October. The other events are at Bradford and Keighley during the daytime.

In an effort to be as inclusive as possible, we decided to follow these up with a series of mini-launches in parts of the district where people might have trouble accessing the town centres. These were Denholme, Thornton, Queensbury, Clayton, Silsden, Steeton, Burley-in-Wharfedale, Menston and Haworth. It's impossible to please everyone with timings, so we chose to hold daytime events because these would be most suitable for retired people, young mothers etc, who might find it more difficult to access the main launches.

However, this is a new initiative and over time we aim to reach as many people in as many parts of the district as possible. If you have an issue that you would like to discuss with us, you can contact us at any time on (01535) 665258 or email link@keighleyvs.org. If a number of Silsden residents have an issue that they would like to discuss with us, we would be only too happy to meet them at a time that is convenient to them.

alan
Website Member

Website Member

01/10/2008 : 18:19:24      reply with quote

Good reply 'lynnleadbeater' wink ;)

lynnleadbeatter
Website Member

Website Member

24/10/2008 : 16:29:11      reply with quote

Hi,

If anyone isn't able to make the Silsden Roadshow in the morning, we are also at Kadugli House, Elmsley Road, Steeton from 2-3pm in the afternoon (27th October). It's the old allergy hospital - now a Diocese of Bradford property.

Lynn

Replies in this thread : 4

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Bradford LINk roadshow at Silsden Town Hall - 10.30-11.30am, Monday 27th October  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to