Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Silsden Post Office Move

Replies in this thread : 21

Author

Topic : Silsden Post Office Move

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2016 : 13:23:29      reply with quote

The Post Office are asking for your opinions on the move.

MORE INFORMATION

news.silsden.net/facilities/silsden-post-office-move

click for more information

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2016 : 18:55:36      reply with quote

Will Twiggs go as a newsagent or will they try to run both side by side. ??

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2016 : 19:38:00      reply with quote

posted by wheelaman123
Will Twiggs go as a newsagent or will they try to run both side by side. ??
If you follow the link above it provides all the information you require. Don't forget to follow the link and complete the user consultation survey.

The open counter hours are for newspaper and card sales. The post office counter will be open longer than the current PO hours.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/01/2017 : 12:47:52      reply with quote

Don't forget to complete the survey by 30th January. You can put your views on the service YOU would like to see in the new Post Office here:

https://www.postofficeviews.co.uk/branchname.php?query=Silsden+BD20+0PA&frmnd=liveconsultation

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 21:54:25      reply with quote

www.connect-dots.uk/skopo/ps_doc/Silsden%20BD20%200PA_BD200PA_FileDecisionLetter.pdf

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 22:56:01      reply with quote

AFTER THE MOVE

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/03/2017 : 07:40:40      reply with quote

I did not think you could park on a zebra crossing!!

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 08:08:27      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
As you well know gazzer there is parking opposite just up the road - it doesn't have to be right outside the door.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 08:20:41      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
posted by gazzer
As you well know gazzer there is parking opposite just up the road - it doesn't have to be right outside the door.
I am sure people with problems walking will be glad to know that. The nearest parking is on Shed Side but it needs 1/2hour parking restrictions putting in place to ensure places become available.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 08:51:39      reply with quote

why not convert the small seating area across from the pet shop to 2 disabled parking spots hardly ever seen anyone sat there anyway.and if they have a badge there are quite a few options for them ie bottom of new rd and aire view.

Traveller
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 09:26:28      reply with quote

Sorry Gazzer but I have to disagree with you there. What about the residents of shed side who find it difficult to park in the street they live in already.
For years they've had to contend with several works vehicles, because the drivers don't want them parked outside their own houses. Then there's the staff from; the post office, estate agents, pet shop, hair dressers, takeaways, etc,etc.
Not forgetting a certain garage owner who abandons many of his vehicles there for weeks on end.
It's an absolute nightmare. It could do with being made residents parking only but there's no chance of that.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 10:19:37      reply with quote

You could have time limited parking and residents permits which could solve both problems. It would help if Bradford Council also stopped selling of car parks like the one near the library which had a knock on effect of losing spaces in Wesley Place car park.They could even crack on with a by pass and have more parking on Kirkgate. Its amazing the council first removed the Elliott Street car park and since then have reduced on street parking in the central area.Im not calling for parking spaces outside Twiggs to be re-introduced(im old enough to remember parking there) but trhe council do not seem to realise there are millions more cars on the road nowadays.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 10:31:06      reply with quote

don't forget the extension of the double yellows alongside the beck are only temporary & these spaces are supposed to be made available again once the keighley road works are completed.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 11:03:58      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think we should look on the positive side of this - we will still have a post office and open for longer hours. Unfortunately the world is changing and sometimes we have to change with it. In this case a sensible solution has been found which will improve the facilities within the village for a change rather than diminish. Bitching and moaning about every change will get us no where.

If some one has a disability and a car they would have a blue badge anyway and be able to park just as close up shed side as they would parking by the current post office. For those that are walking anyway it wouldn't make any difference.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 12:15:25      reply with quote

i think most threads on here could be called bitching and or moaning,but if no one talked about problems they wont get solved on there own, something has to be done to sort things out ,folk on here bring things up becauce others say, no one is saying anything so no one is bothered.different opinions are good as well, as others might not of thought about a particular solution.'happy :)');

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 17:42:41      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi

If some one has a disability and a car they would have a blue badge anyway and be able to park just as close up shed side as they would parking by the current post office.

Not if they arrive early(before 9-00am) or late in the day after(after 4-30pm) because if they did they would risk a ticket.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 22:58:49      reply with quote

I actually have no opinion one way or another on moving the post office. I object to public consultations when the decision has been made.

twigg93
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2017 : 17:12:19      reply with quote

Gazzer - where have you got your facts from? Why are you under the impression the decision had already been made? I assure you this wasn't the case but shouldn't we be embracing the change given that if it didn't go ahead we may have lost our post office all together??

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2017 : 19:04:48      reply with quote

posted by twigg93
Gazzer - where have you got your facts from? Why are you under the impression the decision had already been made? I assure you this wasn't the case but shouldn't we be embracing the change given that if it didn't go ahead we may have lost our post office all together??
I spent a couple of hours on google looking at other Post Office "consultations" and were unable to find evidence that the proposals did not go through.

I put this on Facebook on 9th December on what I thought the outcome would be based on how things appear to work.

Expect a letter starting like this;Dear Customer
Silsden Post Office®
Kirkgate Silsden
Decision - move to new premises & branch modernisation
Following local public consultation on our proposal to move Silsden Post Office, we have been carefully considering all of the feedback we received alongside all other relevant factors. It is clear from the feedback how important a local Post Office is to our customers and we want to be in the best position to secure sustainable access to our services for our customers in Silsden for the longer term. Having reviewed our original proposal we believe the best way to do this is to move the branch to Twiggs Newsagent,, where it will operate as one of our new local style branches.
I have carefully considered our original proposal, the feedback received during the public consultation period and the impact on local residents and the wider community. Having also reviewed pedestrian and vehicular access to the new site, I am satisfied that following the change customers will continue to have reasonable access to Post Office services in the area and that this new way of offering Post Office services will continue to meet customer needs, whilst helping to provide long term viability and future sustainability for Post Office service provision in Silsden.

This is the letter regarding the outcome

Dear Customer
Silsden Post Office®
66 Kirkgate, Silsden, Keighley, BD20 0PA
Local Public Consultation Decision
I’m writing to confirm that we will be proceeding with the relocation of the above branch to
Twiggs Newsagents, 39 Kirkgate, Silsden, Keighley, BD20 0AJ, where it will operate as one of our new main style Post Office branches.
We received 42 individual responses from customers during the local public consultation period. Many comments welcomed the proposed move to Twiggs Newsagents as this will maintain Post Office services in a central location, with customers citing convenient road crossing and wide pavements outside the shop as advantages. Customers also welcomed the longer opening times the new branch would provide. Some feedback expressed concern about steps at the entrance and parking in the area. This feedback helped me to understand customers’ views and to make sure that all such information was taken into account before finalising our plans.
With regards to parking in the area, it is fair to say that this is a problem faced generally in many locations nationwide. As I am sure you will understand, the availability of parking spaces is outside the direct control of Post Office Limited, however I have further reviewed parking. This has confirmed that given the short distance of the move, customers can use the same parking facilities as currently. Roadside parking is available opposite the branch along Kirkgate and a pay and display car park located within 180 metres of the new premises. I am therefore satisfied that following the move access and parking will meet the requirements of customers using the Post Office. However with the aim of assisting customers, the new operator will engage with the relevant authority to seek the provision of a disabled parking bay and a safe drop off point close to their store.
Clearly, the Post Office plays an important part in the lives of customers, particularly to elderly and disabled customers, and we want to make our services as accessible as we possibly can. Like the current branch there are steps at the entrance, however, I’m pleased to confirm that the new operator will be making adjustments to improve access for customers. The new operator plans to install a permanent access ramp, subject to planning permission. If planning permission is not granted, a portable ramp will be available for any customer who is unable to manage the step. To let customers know that a ramp is available, there will be a clearly visible sign at the entrance explaining how to request it. There will also be a bell for people to ring for assistance and both this and the sign will be accessible to wheelchair users. A handrail will also be provided at the entrance to assist customers to negotiate the steps.
Inside Twiggs Newsagents, the new main style branch will be built in line with Post Office specifications within a dedicated Post Office area, incorporating one security screened serving position, one open plan serving position and a separate queuing area for Post Office customers. We will be working closely with the new operator to plan the interior layout, to ensure optimum use of the space within the store and that access into and inside the store is kept clear and free of obstacles. Aisles and the queuing area will be kept free from obstructions and adequate room will be provided for customers to move around without difficulty.

I do not think I was a million miles away with my prediction but it was not difficult because pretty much every public consultation in Silsden in the last 10 years could have been predicted.

As I say I have no opinion either way on the move and of course any Post Office is better than no Post Office.

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2017 : 19:15:01      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Gazzer, have you considered moving to North Yorkshire, or anywhere outside the clutches of the evil Brad Met

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/03/2017 : 19:50:47      reply with quote

posted by tetleydrinker
Gazzer, have you considered moving to North Yorkshire, or anywhere outside the clutches of the evil Brad Met
Cornwall actually but having seen their council recently they are not much better.
solid wood flooring

Alan Grop
Website Member

Website Member

09/03/2017 : 07:10:14      reply with quote

I still think it should have been located inside the Coop Supermarket.
Plenty of space to walk around. Twigs will be cramped.
you only have to look at whats happen'd to Keighley Post office.

Replies in this thread : 21

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Silsden Post Office Move  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to