Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > just giving

Replies in this thread : 2

Author

Topic : just giving

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2017 : 10:02:02      reply with quote

very disturbing newspaper artical on the just giving website,it creams off 20 million a year from donations to pay staff wages,millions of people are unaware that the firm creams off 6% from most donors gifts.i stopped giving to charities that did this,i know they need some staff to run these charities but this is exorbitant,i bet the co is on more than the prime minister???!!! 'sad :(');
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2017 : 10:20:56      reply with quote

There are always swings and roundabouts for these sort of things and perhaps you should not believe all you read without asking a few questions of your own.

I have tried using Virginmoneygiving.com but came back to using JustGiving for the simple fact it is very easy to setup and it works. You have to ask how many people have heard of alternative online donations and more importantly are they well known enough for you to trust them, enough for you to part with your money to pass on to a charity.

At the end of the day 20m is a lot of money in fees, but how much does this represent in the grand scheme of things - how much does JustGiving make for charities in a year?

I will leave you with this for you to make your own minds up

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=just+giving+fees

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2017 : 10:32:48      reply with quote

posted by Peter
There are always swings and roundabouts for these sort of things and perhaps you should not believe all you read without asking a few questions of your own.

I have tried using Virginmoneygiving.com but came back to using JustGiving for the simple fact it is very easy to setup and it works. You have to ask how many people have heard of alternative online donations and more importantly are they well known enough for you to trust them, enough for you to part with your money to pass on to a charity.

At the end of the day 20m is a lot of money in fees, but how much does this represent in the grand scheme of things - how much does JustGiving make for charities in a year?

I will leave you with this for you to make your own minds up

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=just+giving+fees

did just that peter,it was founded in 2000 by the ceo zarine kharas and has 120 employees and news papers are very careful of what they print so they are not liable,but as you say someone has to run these charities but i still find 120 employees a bit over the top.

Replies in this thread : 2

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > just giving  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to