Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Surveyors in Silsden Beck

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : Surveyors in Silsden Beck

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2017 : 10:57:45      reply with quote

Survey of Silsden Beck underway today from its exit into the River Aire to its source upstream, they told me this was for the Environment Agency.
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2017 : 11:36:22      reply with quote

not sure where a heard this but i think it used to run straight into the river down the roadside,which would be better for flooding of the fields,but it was diverted across the fields,poss for livestock to use.surely if it ran straight down again it would solve some flooding issues.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2017 : 13:23:33      reply with quote

it did which is why there's a small bridge at the roadside which goes over nothing now.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2017 : 14:28:26      reply with quote

My understanding is that the beck was diverted around the side of the old sewage works to allow treated sewage to be discharged into the river.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2017 : 14:57:35      reply with quote

maps.nls.uk/view/102344854

hat
Website Member

Website Member

20/04/2017 : 16:01:20      reply with quote

sewage works that then became a surface household waste tip & is now being used in a more productive manner to grow willow for cricket bats

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/04/2017 : 10:52:58      reply with quote

Changing the subject slightly..

Mickfinn, is it true that the storm drain at the bottom of Mitchel Lane is still blocked although Bradford have put a smart bit of tarmac around the drain?

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

23/04/2017 : 12:23:49      reply with quote

Peter, i have not seen any attempt being made to rectify this near blocked drain, just a bit of remedial work done to the road surface around the drain area. The last time we had heavy rain there was a large area around the drain full of surface water that took days to clear. As i have said before when i convinced Bradford Council to investigate they sent out their Senior Land Drainage Officer who shone his torch up the drain exit & informed me that there had been installed(at some prior date)a plastic liner, he could see no reason to expose the drain to ascertain whether there had been any collapse or if the drain was blocked by silt, etc. I had a similar problem with a blocked field culvert that runs under my land & discharges in the same way into the beck. Bradford Council came out, discovered the culvert & cleared it by 'rodding' & high pressure hose washing. I guess the issue here is the potential for prolonged distruption to road traffic in the vicinity. However,if this remedial work is not carried out flooding from Mitchell Lane will continue to be a major problem & in my opinion our councillors should make some attempt to get Bradford Council to get this essential flood prevention work carried out sooner rather than later.

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Surveyors in Silsden Beck  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to