Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Tour De Chuffing Yorkshire

Replies in this thread : 18

Author

Topic : Tour De Chuffing Yorkshire

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2017 : 15:06:20      reply with quote

Nice of Bradford council to vandalise Howden road with the #love Bradford slogan!
I could not think of a more inappropriate slogan to put in the middle of Silsden.
click for more information

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2017 : 16:26:06      reply with quote

Well said Bee 😊
And so say many of us I'm sure !!!!

Franky
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2017 : 17:22:54      reply with quote

Surely some community minded soul could add "Silsden does not" above the signs????

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2017 : 18:16:45      reply with quote

check out the national speed limit sign at top of howden rd at end of cemetary 'happy :)');

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2017 : 13:01:28      reply with quote

What are we looking for??

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2017 : 13:32:01      reply with quote

whats stuck on the sign 'wink ;)');

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2017 : 14:19:50      reply with quote

Nothing!

Sam
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2017 : 15:32:47      reply with quote

Oh yes there is

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2017 : 17:18:31      reply with quote

If my memory serves me right, it says, "Proud to live in Silsden"

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2017 : 20:27:29      reply with quote

In my opinion this is going to be a virtual non event. For maximum public participation, the route of the race through Silsden should have been down to Bell Square from Skipton Road, then down Kirkgate, then turn off at Clog Bridge, up Howden Road & away. Taking the race through housing estates ,rather than a centralized location, with its public Houses, etc. was, in my opinion, never going to attract the same amount of interest amongst people who have a nominal interest in cycling, Its as if the organisers are only interested in this so-called 'Cote-de-Silsden up over 'Robin Hood' to Riddlesden.

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2017 : 21:37:57      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It's not just pub goers that watch cycling events, there are families too. it's the Tour de Yorkshire, not the Tour de yorkshire's pubs!
Also the walk to the "Cote de Silsden" will be well worth the inconvenience of having to put your pint down for an hour or two to watch the peleton blast up a steep hill.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 00:29:51      reply with quote

Steetonblue, did i say at any time that this was about pubgoers enjoying a bit of light entertainment. The point i was trying to make, which appears to have not made an impression on you, was that to take a major sporting event down the backstreets of our town rather than through the main thoroughfare is rather odd & somewhat counterproductive. We live in what may be called a 'one horse town' & therefore, for maximum exposure, it is necessary, as in the Grand Depart, to maximize the towns assets, not expect Silsden's residents to trudge up towards Robin Hood's Stones, that aint going to happen for the majority.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 06:40:24      reply with quote

posted by grandad
If my memory serves me right, it says, "Proud to live in Silsden"
thats right grandad,i bet middy gets a photo of it today its up by his neck of the woods.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 06:44:36      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

well im not a fan of watching road rats with their rules of the roads,its like a couple of tennis shots a few nods of the head and they are gone, 'laugh :D'); by eck i dont know wether to start on larger or cider today,when i go out and watch a game of dominoes'laugh :D');

BarryT
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 09:06:31      reply with quote

posted by Mickyfinn
In my opinion this is going to be a virtual non event. For maximum public participation, the route of the race through Silsden should have been down to Bell Square from Skipton Road, then down Kirkgate, then turn off at Clog Bridge, up Howden Road & away.
I could not agree more Mickyfinn, I can not help but thing we missed a big opportunity of showcasing our town.
It come right past my house too but would have gladly sacrificed that to be with the masses watching in the main street, like gala day.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 10:14:15      reply with quote

The Town centre was visited by both the tour de frog and the tour of Yorkshire previously.
Lets see how they go on down Woodside road, it's like a rubbing board,

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 16:06:23      reply with quote

If the Tour de Yorkshire had gone through the centre of Silsden, the riders would heve been deafened by the loud music being played. I can hear the music???, in my home at the top of Skipton Road. Is there any reason for it to be so loud? I cannot think of one!

BarryT
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 17:25:24      reply with quote

posted by grandad
The Town centre was visited by both the tour de frog and the tour of Yorkshire previously. Lets see how they go on down Woodside road, it's like a rubbing board,

Just the TDF grandad, the TDY15 went up Bolton road, do I sense a conflict of interest??? wink :)

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2017 : 23:07:53      reply with quote

Dont think the Bradford logo made TV so even more of a waste of money

Replies in this thread : 18

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Tour De Chuffing Yorkshire  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to