Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Google maps

Replies in this thread : 12

Author

Topic : Google maps

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/05/2017 : 13:53:31      reply with quote

Isn't it a sorry state of affairs when you have to consult Google Maps to see what the traffic queue is like before attempting to escape Silsden?
click for more information

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

06/05/2017 : 14:47:10      reply with quote

If you are aware that the traffic lights etc. are in operation as we all are, you don't need to consult Google maps, just plan your journey accordingly, set off earlier or be prepared to arrive later.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/05/2017 : 19:04:55      reply with quote

Unfortunately it's not quite so simple with the latest set of traffic lights.

If you live off Bolton Road, as I do, the traffic can be queuing from beyond Tannery Corner AT ANY TIME OF DAY. Because the traffic lights are biased to favour traffic coming from the A629 direction in the hope it will prevent the traffic from queuing from the roundabout - BTW this doesn't work, traffic was queuing round the roundabout this morning.

To get through Silsden, in the Keighley direction, can take anything between 10mins and 30mins

These road words are likely to be there for 4 weeks

At least with the wall works there was some traffic management - with this current lot of road works, courtesy of Harran Homes, THERE IS NO TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/05/2017 : 19:45:10      reply with quote

Quite right Peter. This is going to be a long 4 weeks, if it is actually completed in that time. Delays are bad, and planning is poor.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

07/05/2017 : 16:17:20      reply with quote

Traffic management today, man sat in van and I did see in the back of van a Stop/Go sign.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

07/05/2017 : 19:26:34      reply with quote

Peter, when the new school is opened you will be able to go round that way, to get out up Howden road and over to Riddlesden then into Keighley.
Or you could go on a bike.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/05/2017 : 21:22:50      reply with quote

posted by HurricaneHector
Peter, when the new school is opened you will be able to go round that way, to get out up Howden road and over to Riddlesden then into Keighley.
Or you could go on a bike.
I am pretty sure the general public will not be able to drive through the school grounds

darter
Website Member

Website Member

07/05/2017 : 22:44:56      reply with quote

They're not meant to drive through the 'no motor vehicles (except for access)' section between Hothfield Street School and the back of South View Terrace but they do, so unless barriers are put in place they will.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/05/2017 : 19:06:08      reply with quote

Tues_9May2017-6.40pm

They may be managing the traffic, but they haven't a clue what's round the corner, or the total gridlock they are causing on the north side of Silsden.

Write to the managing director, but please be polite. This work has to be done but it should be managed better than this. Will our shops survive? Do something, this is scheduled to continue until the 16th June (that's another 5 weeks!)

Harron Homes Limited

Mr Paul Harrison Managing Director

Email paulharrison@harronhomes.co.uk

Telephone 0113 204 4670
Website www.harronhomes.co.uk

Postal Address Colton House Temple Point, Bullerthorpe Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS15 9JLM

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

09/05/2017 : 20:16:03      reply with quote

e-mail sent, I hope it gets this mess sorted out!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/05/2017 : 09:04:01      reply with quote

Wed_10May2017-9.00am

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/05/2017 : 17:42:28      reply with quote

It is all a bit fishy.They are digging where they dug before.Looks to me like they didnt do it right first time.
PS the Bradford Council map does not even show the work in the right place!!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

11/05/2017 : 09:07:12      reply with quote

Reply received from my e-mail, lets hope it does some good.

Thank you for your email, which has been passed to myself to respond.

We apologise for the disruption these works are causing. I will ensure this matter is investigated fully with the relevant contractor to reduce as much as possible the issues around the traffic lights, however, as I am sure you can appreciate there will always be some disruption during the course of these works.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Replies in this thread : 12

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Google maps  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to