Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Surface Dressing on roads

Replies in this thread : 4

Author

Topic : Surface Dressing on roads

blob
Website Member

Website Member

13/05/2017 : 11:42:03      reply with quote

Noticed last night that Bradford Council in their glorious wisdom are surface dressing the dual carriageway again from Keighley to Silsden roundabout later this month. Thought they'd only done this 2 years ago so why does it need doing again?

They shouldn't even be putting chippings on such a fast road in my opinion as it's dangerous. Last time they did it I also remember someone having a nasty accident due to traveling too far in the loose surface. Too far in fresh chippings is over 20mph which is ridiculous.

Incompetent council!
click for more information

blob
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2017 : 19:41:29      reply with quote

Careful driving towards Keighley. That's been "dressed" and there's dust everywhere!

PE
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2017 : 22:31:30      reply with quote

My partner tells me they reduced it to one lane and 40mph this time.
This would make it a little safer.
I'll still be avoiding it for at least a week as I did tonight when my sat nav was showing 20 minute delays on the A629.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2017 : 07:29:19      reply with quote

both lanes open this morning with a 40mph limit sign straight after the roundabout & then several small '20mph skid risk' signs posted along the road to confuse everyone as to what the limit really is

PE
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2017 : 12:56:32      reply with quote

The skid risk signs are purely "advisory" where speed limit sign of 40 MPH is mandatory.

Replies in this thread : 4

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Surface Dressing on roads  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to