Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > health centre

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : health centre

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2017 : 11:55:17      reply with quote

Has anyone had a problem trying to see a G.P, went to health centre yesterday to ask for appointment to see g.p told to ring at 8am in the morning. Rang at 8am reception ask ( what is the problem ) explained my problem and then told I would be put on Triage list and doctor will ring and decide if i need to see them. Again asked reception to book me a time slot to see g.p, again told that you now have to go through triage to see g.p. Is this the new way forward with the N.H.S. if i was private would I still have to go via triage. Rant over.
click for more information

marmalade
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2017 : 15:28:28      reply with quote

Have had exactly same problem myself. I don't go to doctors often but when I go I expect to be seen by a doctor. I tried to book an appointment a few weeks ago and had to discuss my problem with the receptionist in front of other patients sat in in the waiting room which was totally embarrassing. In the end I refused to continue the interrogation (which is what it amounted to) and asked to talk to someone in a private room which they did agree to. I still only had a telephone conversation with the doctor when I felt that I really needed to see him and still do. In fact I will be TRYING to make another appointment with the doctor shortly so wish me luck.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2017 : 16:22:20      reply with quote

Part 2 of my rant. on Monday rang for ambulance for my daughter who was in extreme pain and discomfort from Gall bladder problem, 999 refused to attend as this was not life threatening advised to contact g.p or go to A&E. Rang g.p at 1.10pm and pressed 1 for emergency, spoke with reception explained problem and she said she would place my daughter on emergency list and a doctor will ring after surgery after 5.30pm, how can this be called emergency. I asked to speak with doctor but this was refused, I then asked if doctor would ring for ambulance ( 999 have to respond when g.p asks for ambulance )again this was refused. Took my daughter who by this time was in excruciating pain to A&E AND Receptionist on seeing my daughter had her Triaged immediately and within 10 min was given Morphine for pain relief and with in 1 hour was admitted for surgery. I wonder what would happen if g.p receptionist worked at A&E.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2017 : 19:30:08      reply with quote

3 weeks ago there was a cyber attack on the N.H.S, QUESTION why did this not attack all doctors surgery`s ? Answer could not get past receptionist.

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > health centre  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to