Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Traffic Survey for the NEW SCHOOL

Replies in this thread : 72
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/09/2017 : 20:38:10      reply with quote

Well said HurricaneHector, couldn't agree with you more.
Well it's looking like a new access road is going to be constructed from Tannery corner, I'm hearing the land above Hawber cote drive is under option, and the cost of the road is to be met by developers building 1700 houses. A single track road is to be constructed that runs on the inside of the perimeter fence joining Hawber cote lane and Middleway. Could i suggest making the access at both Hawber cote lane and Middleway pedestrian only.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/09/2017 : 20:41:53      reply with quote

The ground is saturated the whole year with many springs even on the roads. Whatever means the use to build the school will have unknown effect on these underground watercourses. There is a very good reason the house known as Spring Bank is called that.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/09/2017 : 20:54:34      reply with quote

posted by victor
As peter says the bulldozers are at the door but when we first had news about the site we were told nothing by members of STC who new about it. All those councillors who new about the site should hold there heads in shame, the excuse was they could not say anything because someone else could buy the land. If they had been open and honest about it then it would have been possible to stop it, now the excuse is well we now own the land. I think the attitude of some of the council is wrong, to tell people to stop moaning and accuse them of being nimbys is not what people in office should be saying.
In fact Cllr Atkinson is on record as saying that if this land is to be built on a school would be better than houses which would have put a burden on the existing schools.
This site has been earmarked for a school for decades but it is not now a suitable site for either.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/09/2017 : 21:16:49      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

An old map but shows where they are.

maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=15&lat=53.9154&lon=-1.9425&layers=6

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/09/2017 : 21:29:44      reply with quote

And they are just the large springs

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/09/2017 : 23:02:40      reply with quote

The field where they want to build the school.

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 09:03:33      reply with quote

Midway, could I ask where you got your info from re roads,access etc? Also where will parents be parking if your 'suggestion' is taken up? It's already recognised that it's quite a distance for walking to the school for the majority of pupils.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 10:02:08      reply with quote

I was of the understanding that the proposal was to have a vehicular access point at Hawber Cote or Banklands Lane with a one way traffic system exiting on Middleway or Aireville Mount.

If you think about where the new school is going, and are wanting to use existing roads, then these are the only options.

The planners are being very naïve if they think a parent living on the west side of Bolton Road is going to drive up to Hawber Cote / Banklands Lane and then follow a road around via Middleway / Aireville Mount, down Howden Road to get caught up in the chaos at Clog Bridge. It simply won't happen. They will drop off on Hawber Cote / Banklands Lane and travel back out via Bolton Road.... and we all know about the blind spots at these junctions and the speeds that traffic travels down Bolton Road.

I agree with Midway, that any such route between the two points should be pedestrian only.

I feel sorry for anybody living near to the two points. it is going to be mayhem.

I, like many others, were also of the opinion that if they really must build the school on that land, and that adjacent land was due to have houses build on it with access from Bolton Road, then get the developers to pay for a safety minded, fit for purpose school access road from Bolton Road with purpose built drop off zones for parents within the school grounds.

Maybe something similar could be done from the Howden Road side ie. the parent drives into the school grounds from the residential streets, comes to a roundabout drop off zone, and then back out again.

If this whole process is just going to be cobbled together with existing infrastructure, then it is a very narrow-minded and short term solution to the problem of increasing population in Silsden.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 11:36:33      reply with quote

No mystery where the information regarding access comes from " Mayflower", it's well documented within this site,

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 12:28:38      reply with quote

Why don't we all wait until we can look at what the plans actually say, before get all hot under the collar with loads of unsubstantiated speculations?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 12:36:20      reply with quote

The only way it could work is a through road from Hawber cote lane to the access at Tannery corner, with a drop off point. no need for a perimeter road at all, and pedestrian access from Middleway. This would make it easy to get back to Bolton road with less traffic coming out of Dale view, and Howden road.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 15:58:34      reply with quote

Well i would like to take it a step further buy making driving your child to school ant-social. A new school gives the parents/ guardians the opportunity to rethink their arrangements. Why not use the new path in the park that is being constructed for that very purpose.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 17:07:58      reply with quote

Are you going to be the lollypop man because they won't be able to cross Banklands lane safely.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 18:06:36      reply with quote

Following a discussion on silsden news.
We get inundated now with cars around Hothfield, so busy around our little streets.
LikeShow More Reactions
· Reply · 22 September at 22:15

Zsu Hanson True, but that's what people are used to. I understand that Mr Procter has asked parents to consider leaving cars at home unless absolutely necessary to use them, and to switch engines off to reduce pollution around the Hothfield site. Unfortunately his suggestions weren't met with understanding.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 19:53:15      reply with quote

posted by victor
So they have finally figured it out the fields are so muddy that to get on site they are putting down navy mats, and we haven't even had a lot of rain. Just wait until it rains a lot and water is running down Hawber cote lane as it does every winter, and they want to build a school on this land.
Incorrect spelling should be:

NAVVY mats

... but there are not enough mats here to cover the whole field, what are they going to do when winter comes?

NAVVY mats, sometimes called bog mats...

https://www.birkettsbogmats.com/

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 20:40:05      reply with quote

So why would they need to cover the entire field?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 21:27:33      reply with quote

posted by midway
So why would they need to cover the entire field?
See my picture above.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 22:02:25      reply with quote

Peter I think they are only putting the overhead lines underground, not building the school.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 22:22:12      reply with quote

It's a done deal, they will be constructing the school after Christmas, how else will they complete the project by the summer of 2019. They don't invest in all this money to have it stopped by the likes of us. The planning will be nodded through.

They will need all the bog boards they can get.

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 22:32:37      reply with quote

Building before planning application is even visible to the public?
Sad times

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 22:52:13      reply with quote

Very sad times KVS 😕
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2017 : 23:29:52      reply with quote

Who said they would build before planning permission?

kvs
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 08:01:29      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Who said they would build before planning permission?

I was asking a question really. I'm confused as to why people are working on the field already and you mentioned that they would start constructing the school after Christmas.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 08:33:04      reply with quote

Peter the man in charge who came to the site before the work started told me that The contract was to work with the electric people to put the cables underground. I also received a letter to that effect saying it would take six weeks.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 09:25:32      reply with quote

Putting Electricity cables underground is a very expensive operation.

Not only have you expensive groundwork issues to contend with but the cabling itself is far more expensive than overhead cable.

You have also works to remove existing pylons, posts and cabling.

It could be said that carrying out this operation, prior to any planning approval, is a waste of public money, because it is currently unnecessary..

That is unless their is already a ‘done’ (corrupt) deal struck!

As Peter says..likely to start after Christmas.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 11:03:51      reply with quote

I was asking a question really. I'm confused as to why people are working on the field already and you mentioned that they would start constructing the school after Christmas.
Yorkshire Electricity do not need planning permission to bury conduite pipes in the ground - just the permission of the owner of the land (which is Bradford).

There are several overhead power lines running across the school grounds, so this preparatory work before the planning application is put in for the school. Bradford will be putting in a planning application for the school very soon, you will then have the opportunity to comment on the plans. Your comments (in theory) will be taken into account when the planning application is discussed at the Bradford Planning Panel. I say in theory because Bradford have invested too much time and money into this project for it to be derailed / changed by us. They are also on a very tight deadline to complete the project by summer 2019.

The planning approval is likely to be in place before Christmas - Bradford's plans and Bradford make the decision on the planning approval. Ground work is likely to start after Christmas when the ground is saturated and hence my comment "they will need more navvy (bog) mats".

victor
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 11:26:47      reply with quote

I was told 9 months ago that they do not expect to move to the new school until 2020.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 11:45:06      reply with quote

news.silsden.net/news/a-report-on-the-consultation-for-the-proposed-new-silsden-primary-school

midway
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 15:31:30      reply with quote

Picture shows the boards in use, nothing to do with the school construction.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 15:51:22      reply with quote

We are not building the school, ( authenticated by Toot,Flute,&Wind-it).

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 21:02:09      reply with quote

Regards planning for cables not being needed. Well true except

"the sealing end compound(s) at the point of transition between overhead lines and underground cables may require planning permission from the local planning authority"

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 21:16:15      reply with quote

Planning permission required?

Wink, wink, say no more.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 21:18:50      reply with quote

When the main man was there I asked him what they were testing for when they took samples from around the pylons every few years. He told me that they were testing for lead contamination and that is why the new pylons are timber. Makes you think how many cows and sheep are eating contaminated grass.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 21:49:31      reply with quote

The cable.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 16:02:28      reply with quote

That cable looks pricey, I hope they have very good security.
I am no drainage expert, so this is only a question, can't they build a drain that will
Divert the water around the site, instead through it?

Replies in this thread : 72
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Traffic Survey for the NEW SCHOOL  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to