Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Railings around Rugby Field

Replies in this thread : 31

Author

Topic : Railings around Rugby Field

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 10:08:51      reply with quote

Anyone know why there are railings around the rugby field in the park??
click for more information

victor
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 10:44:14      reply with quote

Mickyfin I was told they where putting down an all weather pitch, if they are well done Bradford council, it might stop dog fouling.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 11:02:00      reply with quote

Just a little bit surprised that Grandad hasn't replied to this, perhaps he hasn't seen it yet.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 12:15:31      reply with quote

Wow, if this is true I am well impressed, however, I remain somewhat dubious. The relaying of the pitch at Utley has taken forever, held up by adverse weather. It also begs the question as to whether they will allow the Gala to chew up what I guess will be an expensive surface!! Drainage issues will also have to be addressed.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 13:29:44      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well Victor as far as i know an all weather pitch was never envisaged, new drainage pipes are being installed and the pitch re turfed, at a cost of 56000, 2000 of which is the 106 payment from the Snell development. now i can't be absolutely certain but it looks like the heavy vehicles used on Gala day will now use the same positions as this year, being nearer the banking at Banklands ave.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 18:59:34      reply with quote

Having spoken to a committee member of Silsden RLFC this PM I was somewhat surprised by his comment that Bradford Council had been unaware that heavy plant had been previously put on site on the rugby field for Silsden Gala. This individual considered that this activity cannot be allowed to continue once this new pitch has been relaid.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 19:15:11      reply with quote

Anyone would think Bradford owned the park and paid for the rugby pitch work to be done. In actual fact the people of silsden own the park. The work has been carried out using S106 money which is money allocated for the park maintenance because of all the new houses they have been building.

The Gala funfair uses the perimeter of the pitch, not the pitch itself, at least not for heavy machinery. I have the pictures!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2017 : 19:55:33      reply with quote

Some people moan if Bradford council spend money in Bradford now they moan when they spend it in Silsden, not very anti Bradford are we.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 00:17:49      reply with quote

Peter, we seem to be in a grey area here, it would seem to me that Bradford Council who maintain Silsden Playing Fields for the benefit of the people of Silsden, would expect any remedial works that are carried out should have their tacit approval, since, in this instance, they would appear to be meeting some of the cost of relaying drains & turf, etc. on the top rugby field. As for the placement of the gala funfair, particularly the heavy generators, surely these would be better placed at the northern end of the site where it would not be necessary to cross over the playing surface.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 15:21:04      reply with quote

Mickyfin please could you ask the committee member if it is to be an all weather pitch or not, because I have been told that it is by two different people.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 15:52:41      reply with quote

Gossip does nobody any good, please see the agreed Town Council minutes on the home page of this site dated, Thurs 20 Jul 2017.
Peter is correct.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 16:34:26      reply with quote

This one.
5. Order of priority for s106 monies earmarked for the park agreed as
Rugby pitch drainage and maintenance

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 18:21:03      reply with quote

So Grandad just to make it clear all the money to be spent in the park is from s106 monies collected by Bradford council for houses built in Silsden.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 19:05:29      reply with quote

Grandad, I rather object to your implication that I am spreading gossip. I got my information from the 'horse's mouth'. This person, who I do not wish to name, had been in conversation with an official from Bradford Council who had been shocked to find out that heavy machinery had been allowed to cross & be positioned on the playing area of the rugby pitch & that this arrangement, in his opinion, cannot be allowed to continue since there has been damage caused to the exciting drainage system which had been found to be inadequate. As to the cost of drainage work & the returfing of the playing area, the total cost would, it seems, to have been 56,000, 2000 of which has been covered by a payment of 2000 from Snell's builders. Does one assume that the bulk of the works been carried out is being funded by Bradford Council. I stand to be corrected on this matter.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 19:48:18      reply with quote

Peter stated above the heavy vehicles do not and never have been on the pitch, so they can't be blamed for any damage.
If however somebody who doesn't want to be name has told Bradford that there have been heavy vehicles on the pitch, then one as to wonder why.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 20:02:02      reply with quote

gossip | Definition of gossip in English by Oxford Dictionaries
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gossip
Definition of gossip - casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details which are not confirmed as true.
Where is the confirmation?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/09/2017 : 20:07:04      reply with quote

Grandad what about the money please.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2017 : 12:32:06      reply with quote

Victor, why don't you ask Mallinson and his cronies?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2017 : 13:06:16      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

HH I asked Grandad because without actually saying it he gives the impression that all the money for the work in the park was from s 106 money. See Grandad's comment re Gossip, and midways 5 Order of priority. And as regards Mallinson I have spoken to him twice, once at the town hall meeting, and the second time was over the phone when he told me a pack of lies about the school site.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2017 : 19:31:01      reply with quote

Victor, I can't see where you think grandad gives any impression re the money.
Possible it is all in your head, and I have always believed that impressions can be very deceptive.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2017 : 20:31:44      reply with quote

There would appear to be a clique on this forum who have views that do not appear allow any poster to have an opposing view. I am all for 'banter' on a forum, however, I do object to certain individuals who think that their view is the only one that is acceptable. This forum needs to get its house in order, we all have opinions, but these responses to postings must take into account the fact that posters have different views. Nobody wants to feel like @why do I bother'.
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/09/2017 : 21:12:47      reply with quote

I have to agree with the previous post by Mickyfinn. sad :(

Posters take note.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2017 : 20:30:59      reply with quote

I've got a Poster, of a Tractor Fest.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/10/2017 : 17:26:26      reply with quote

Silsden Rugby Club were not able to play many of their winter matches on the Silsden Park site due to the state of the pitch.

The drainage previously laid was blocked so a feasibility study was carried out to ascertain what the best course of action was:

The contract is to install new primary and secondary drainage, cultivate topsoil, surface grade the pitch then re-seed it.

It is envisaged that the pitch will be playable for the start of next season. The contractor (Allan Chappelow) will mow the site and undertake 10 cuts.

The contract value is 54k and the funding was from S106 (28K) and Capital Resource (26K).

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/10/2017 : 19:25:24      reply with quote

looking good.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2017 : 08:31:25      reply with quote

Well its been underwater everyday when I've come home from work so I don't see how the drainage is working.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2017 : 19:00:11      reply with quote

It's not looking too bad today.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/10/2017 : 19:05:38      reply with quote

Thought I'd show the pipe.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2017 : 12:33:58      reply with quote

It's going green

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2017 : 14:45:17      reply with quote

Looks like the away spectators will be standing in the mud.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2017 : 15:49:14      reply with quote

posted by midway
Looks like the away spectators will be standing in the mud.
Nothing new there then.... the drainage contract was for the drainage of the pitch.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2017 : 17:57:03      reply with quote

The good old days.

Replies in this thread : 31

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Railings around Rugby Field  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to