Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > NEW SCHOOL PLANS ARE AVAILABLE

Replies in this thread : 76
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2017 : 14:53:03      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Has anyone seen a Planning Notice on any lamp posts on Middleway, Dale view Banklands lane or Hawber cote lane because I can't find any. I have asked a lot of people if they have seen any and no one has, when I asked Bradford council about it I was told someone must have taken them down. Just make a note that the closing date for comments is 7th of December.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2017 : 15:28:00      reply with quote

There definitely has been no planning notices posted on any lamp post on Middleway, My cctv cameras cover the road in both direction, and nothing has been posted, probably why there is no dog mess on the pavements ether. ( except over the gate occasionally ).

hat
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2017 : 20:18:17      reply with quote

We’ve had a form letter (aireville crescent) from bradmet as a neighbour of the panned development

victor
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2017 : 14:09:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have been told by the planners that the Planning Notices have not gone up yet but will probably go up tomorrow or Monday.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2017 : 14:49:58      reply with quote

Planning Notices have just gone up.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 19:10:03      reply with quote

It took six weeks to take down some of the power lines, a lot of mudd and damage to Hawber cote lane. So when they came back I decided to take action and I parked my car across Hawber cote lane and told them I would not let them past to go home until they cleared the mudd off the road. After a few apologies and the promise of a road cleaner on Thursday, they cleared some of the mud so I moved my car. P.S. I will do the same if it happens whilst they are building the school.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 20:06:51      reply with quote

Looked like they were back in there again today victor

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 20:54:29      reply with quote

ney taking the law into your own hands victor u will get booked for causing an obstruction,what are the young ones of today going to learn from that sad :(');

victor
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 22:02:54      reply with quote

Hat it was four o'clock today that I blocked the road, and doggy frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2017 : 13:33:36      reply with quote

This planning application will affect everyone in Silsden, whether you have primary age school children or not. The position of the proposed new school is such it will generate a lot of extra traffic and has the potential of making Silsden impossible to get through at peak periods of the day. It will also open up the Banklands land for the building of many more houses with access via a road from above Tannery Corner (Bolton Road) - This will not be a bypass. With this in mind, I urge you to read the documents and make your comments to Bradford.

There are a lot of documents associated with this project - the following can be viewed from the www.news.silsden.net website (rather than from the Bradford Planning Portal). These are the major documents published so far which will allow you to see the proposal without having to view duplicates and view "every" document.

www.news.silsden.net/facilities/silsden-school-planning-app-1705793reg

STC PLANNING MEETING - THURS 16th November 2017 at 7.30pm (in the Town Hall Meeting Room)

There will be an extended Public Adjournment [max time 45 mins] to view the plans for the school and seek advice on how to make your comments to the planning authority.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 09:25:27      reply with quote

Concerns over plans for new Silsden primary school

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/news_keighley/15660409.Concerns_over_plans_for_new_Silsden_primary_school/

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 10:23:39      reply with quote

Since when did we in Silsden give a fig about anything Mallinson says.
The man is a waste of space.
He wants the school to be built on our Park, Thankfully Bradford do not own it.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 12:10:20      reply with quote

posted by HurricaneHector
Since when did we in Silsden give a fig about anything Mallinson says.
The man is a waste of space.
He wants the school to be built on our Park, Thankfully Bradford do not own it.
Mallinson hates Silsden and its people thats why he moved from the town.He cant stand the fact that the majority back the Town Council and his running mate did not get elected.Now sacked from his party his parting shot is to do what he always has done.....lose assets from Silsden.The sooner he goes the better for everyone

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 12:27:07      reply with quote

Please don't change the subject on this topic, if you wish to comment on the merits of Malison please comment on the Keighley News - thanks.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 13:15:30      reply with quote

I have never met nor ever seen Mallinson: however i am fully aware of his apparent lack of interest for Silsden and often ’no shows’! However his idea of putting the school on the Park is something i have also thought about and mentioned to others on the Silsden grape vine. I would be the first to condemn this suggestion if i thought it was utterely wrong, and i am probably the most strongest park advocate you would ever meet.
If you were to think of the benefits Silsden were to have...just for one moment you might just realise that it is not such a bad idea after all. The school would be retained at the heart of the community; Vertually everyone would be able to walk to school with ease. Traffic would likely be much less than it is now.
The old school could be transformed into large pocket parks that offer, different activities suited to the modern child related activities of today set beside the kiddie swim start pool. Pockets of green would transform the area bringing life and colour.
The existing proposed school site could be sold for housing. Some facilities like tennis and bowles could still be retained at the park.
Everyone would be a winner as far as i could see.
Dog walkers might loose out a bit, but as far as i can see owners pretty much let dogs shit anywhere, anyhow!
Why not move with the times and embrace positive change.
Anyone willing to comment on this idea?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 15:22:24      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Please don't change the subject on this topic, if you wish to comment on the merits of Malison please comment on the Keighley News - thanks.

If as part of the planning process someone proposes a different location for the school that person and his stupid ideas are relevent to a thread on the new school.In my opinion!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 15:38:37      reply with quote

If as part of the planning process someone proposes a different location for the school that person and his stupid ideas are relevent to a thread on the new school.In my opinion!
The above was not the post I replied to asking you not to divert the topic which is -
(comments) on the new school plans. You have to read the Keighley News to be able to comment on the views of Mallinson.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2017 : 19:26:49      reply with quote

Some interesting points raised by the rights of way department, including that any amendment to existing rights of way need to go through their own formal application and consultation process

planning.bradford.gov.uk/online-applications/files/1B1106C9AAFD3F692FEE1AE84BE7D9CE/17_05793_REG-CONSULTEE__RIGHTS_OF_WAY-5008529.doc

NOTE

This document will probably come up as unavailable. You cannot link directly to a document on the planning portal without being signed in first. See the start of this topic for the link and planning number to sign into the planning portal...... Peter

victor
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2017 : 21:19:12      reply with quote

There is one Planning notice out of the way in the top corner of Hawber cote lane, there are none on Banklands lane and one on Dale view. Do you think the planners don't want anyone to know about the school access.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2017 : 22:44:08      reply with quote

Interesting response for the request to close the footpath - on from Banklands Lane

Diversion/Extinguishment Orders
When work commences on the applications for legal orders to divert and close sections of the footpaths affected by the proposed development separate consultations will be carried out with user groups such as the Ramblers, members, the Town Council and the public (by site and press notice).

The applicant needs to be aware that if objections are received to the proposed closure or diversion order then a public hearing or inquiry may be required and the development could be delayed. Even if planning permission is granted, there is no guarantee the orders would be successful and if that was the case the applicant would need to re-configure their plans to incorporate the footpaths on their existing routes.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2017 : 22:49:34      reply with quote

The more I look at the plans/documents for the school, and comments from the Consultees (eg Police) then the more it looks like a PRISON for our children.

2.4M fence around the site, surveillance cameras, intruder alarms, 24/7 lights and gates.

Is this really what we want for our children?
solid wood flooring

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 07:47:04      reply with quote

Come on Peter, there may be issues about this project that can and should be queried by locals, but top security is not one of them. If these measures were not in place to protect the school and its pupils and teachers, I would suggest that locals would kick off big time. Schools are easy targets overnight for thieves, and we live in scary times for children. Let them feel secure.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 08:31:10      reply with quote

Read the police report for the school on the planning portal.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 11:22:44      reply with quote

Peter, read the police report, and it recommends all the things you criticise.. fence, CCTV etc. Would have thought these were common sense anyway.. What is it you are referring to that makes it like a prison?

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2017 : 11:34:27      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Listen here Peter is not being silly with his comments!!

It will be ‘Prison like’!!

Apart from Peters observations what hasn’t been mentioned, is that all the inner play ground, from east to west of the whole site, will have to have a 2metre high retaining wall in order to get the levels on the proposed drawing. It is mentioned in tiny letters, but does not show it on any drawings at all.
Then, for safety an additional fence will have to be put on top of this wall to stop kids falling over it. (no mention of this though!)
So in effect there will actually be 3 fences as there will also be a 2m high containment fence around the Reception and nursery play space..plus all the other security issues Peter has mentioned!

The only thing missing is a moat and a few gun turrets!!

The inner layout of the school is also such that it will look like a prison, with it’s long corridor and rooms to either side.

A school should not look like this. It should be a pleasant learning environment.

Safety is always an issue, but this is complete overkill and we shouldn’t be subjecting our children to this.

It is not America.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2017 : 14:58:46      reply with quote

Corky Yorky... a desperate attempt to equate the new school with a prison is too emotive and wrong. Some people don't want the school to be built, obviously, by trying to give it a bad image in advance. Give me proper security for the children and teachers every time.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2017 : 16:08:50      reply with quote

posted by dexter
Corky Yorky... a desperate attempt to equate the new school with a prison is too emotive and wrong. Some people don't want the school to be built, obviously, by trying to give it a bad image in advance. Give me proper security for the children and teachers every time.
There is no desperate attempt here. It is factual and merely observational.
The current school security appears fine; However if you believe that it is not maybe you should speak to The Headmistress.

The proposed security and fencing at the proposed school is complete overkill.

The best education and security in the world is teaching your child what is right and wrong in an atmosphere preferably not already like a prison!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2017 : 16:17:34      reply with quote

"What's all that light on the hill Daddy"?
"Oh! That's your new prison, er, I mean school"

Recommendations from the Police Report

External lighting and monitored CCTV.

I would recommend that external lighting around the car park, footpaths and entrances and fire doors within the building, which should provide good lighting levels which are suitable to allow for visibility and surveillance and work in unison with any CCTV. Photo cell and dusk until dawn lighting are types of lighting which are energy efficient and
cost effective to use.

PIR / sensor lighting is not recommended as sensors can be knocked off balance and as lights go on and off, they can leave areas in complete darkness which can increase the fear of crime especially if pupils are waiting at collection/ drop off points. If there is constant light there is more chance of residents or passers-by seeing any suspicious or anti-social behaviour which can be reported to either the school or Police depending on the nature.

Monitored CCTV should cover the above areas and any internal areas such as reception, waiting areas or IT rooms or rooms which have sensitive information or equipment which may be a target for crime. CCTV should provide good evidential pictures which are worthy for identification purposes.

While I appreciate our children must be kept safe and in this day and age our schools have to be secure, it must be done with sensitivity. There is a suggestion here that lights would be on all night and in this location I'm not sure this is acceptable to the neighbourhood UNLESS the light only lights the intended area and don't cause light pollution.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2017 : 17:08:47      reply with quote

posted by Peter
"What's all that light on the hill Daddy"?
"Oh! That's your new prison, er, I mean school"

Recommendations from the Police Report

External lighting and monitored CCTV.

PIR / sensor lighting is not recommended as sensors can be knocked off balance and as lights go on and off, they can leave areas in complete darkness which can increase the fear of crime especially if pupils are waiting at collection/ drop off points. If there is constant light there is more chance of residents or passers-by seeing any suspicious or anti-social behaviour which can be reported to either the school or Police depending on the nature.

Well pointed out Peter.
On the plans it is stated that there will be illuminated bollards: so people waiting shouldn’t require a great deal of over head illumination. Fixed PIR (industrial type) strategically placed would for certain be more advantageous as they wouldn’t be knocked off balance. PIR lights would also alarm nearby residents by coming on and off, where as constant lighting wouldn’t, so i can’t quite understand what the Police are talking about!!

hat
Website Member

Website Member

04/12/2017 : 11:35:08      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

https://www.bradford.gov.uk/environment/conservation-areas/brunthwaite-conservation-area/

this document dated from 2005 & authored by Bradford PLanning's own Conservation Team identifies Brunthwaite as a Conservation Area which is subject to planning restrictions. As this school development borders this area, there may be material restrictions that are applicable. if you don't want to read the whole document, Appendix 3 starting on page 45 lists these. These are specific Bradford policies which are called out & seem relevant:

Policy BH7: Development within or which would
affect the setting of conservation areas
Development within or which would affect the
setting of conservation areas will be expected to be
of the highest standards of design and to preserve
or enhance the character or appearance of the
conservation area.

Policy BH10: Open spaces within or adjacent to
conservation areas
Planning permission for the development of
important open areas of land or garden within or
adjacent to a conservation area will not be granted
if the land:
1) Makes a significant contribution to the
character of the conservation area.
2) Provides an attractive setting for the buildings
within it.
3) Is important to the historical form and layout of
the settlement.
4) Affords the opportunity for vistas in or out of the
conservation area which are historically or
visually significant.
5) Contains natural water features, tree and
hedgerows which the development proposals
propose to destroy.

Policy BH12: Conservation area environment
Changes to the public realm within conservation
areas must demonstrate that:
1) The design, materials and layout of traffic
management and parking areas minimise the
adverse visual impact which may arise from
such development.
2) New and replacement street furniture is of an
appropriate design and material that preserve
or enhance the character of the surrounding
street scene.
3) Proposals for the introduction of public art will
preserve or enhance the character or
appearance of the conservation area. In
certain conservation areas the introduction of
public art and street furniture will be
encouraged.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2017 : 14:28:54      reply with quote

Peter just have a look at the consultation from the W.Y.A.A.A page 2 para 1, they recommend that the planning permission be deferred.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2017 : 18:54:40      reply with quote

West Yorkshire Archaeology Advisory Service

The WYAAS recommend that the developer be required to provide the Planning Authority with an evaluation, based on appropriate analytical methods, of the full archaeological implications of the proposed development. We would further recommend that a planning decision be deferred, on the grounds that the planning authority requires further information in order to reach an informed decision, until the results of the evaluation have been received and assessed by WYAAS, as your advisors on archaeological matters.

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2017 : 11:37:54      reply with quote

Minor point Gazzer, but with reference to your post on 03/11/2017, the last Thursday in June was the 27th, not the 29th. I only noticed because it happens to be our wedding anniversary.

Better check your diary to make sure you don't celebrate Christmas day on a Wednesday.

Or go to Specsavers!

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2017 : 11:48:54      reply with quote

Note a recent objection filed as a Consultee Comment on the 8th December, on the subject of flooding.

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2017 : 12:06:49      reply with quote

Gazzer,

My apologies.

It's me that needs to go to Specsavers!

Replies in this thread : 76
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > NEW SCHOOL PLANS ARE AVAILABLE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to