Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > NEW SCHOOL PLANS ARE AVAILABLE

Replies in this thread : 52
Page : 1 2
<< prev page prev page >>

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2017 : 14:53:03      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Has anyone seen a Planning Notice on any lamp posts on Middleway, Dale view Banklands lane or Hawber cote lane because I can't find any. I have asked a lot of people if they have seen any and no one has, when I asked Bradford council about it I was told someone must have taken them down. Just make a note that the closing date for comments is 7th of December.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2017 : 15:28:00      reply with quote

There definitely has been no planning notices posted on any lamp post on Middleway, My cctv cameras cover the road in both direction, and nothing has been posted, probably why there is no dog mess on the pavements ether. ( except over the gate occasionally ).

hat
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2017 : 20:18:17      reply with quote

We’ve had a form letter (aireville crescent) from bradmet as a neighbour of the panned development

victor
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2017 : 14:09:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have been told by the planners that the Planning Notices have not gone up yet but will probably go up tomorrow or Monday.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2017 : 14:49:58      reply with quote

Planning Notices have just gone up.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 19:10:03      reply with quote

It took six weeks to take down some of the power lines, a lot of mudd and damage to Hawber cote lane. So when they came back I decided to take action and I parked my car across Hawber cote lane and told them I would not let them past to go home until they cleared the mudd off the road. After a few apologies and the promise of a road cleaner on Thursday, they cleared some of the mud so I moved my car. P.S. I will do the same if it happens whilst they are building the school.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 20:06:51      reply with quote

Looked like they were back in there again today victor

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 20:54:29      reply with quote

ney taking the law into your own hands victor u will get booked for causing an obstruction,what are the young ones of today going to learn from that sad :(');

victor
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2017 : 22:02:54      reply with quote

Hat it was four o'clock today that I blocked the road, and doggy frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2017 : 13:33:36      reply with quote

This planning application will affect everyone in Silsden, whether you have primary age school children or not. The position of the proposed new school is such it will generate a lot of extra traffic and has the potential of making Silsden impossible to get through at peak periods of the day. It will also open up the Banklands land for the building of many more houses with access via a road from above Tannery Corner (Bolton Road) - This will not be a bypass. With this in mind, I urge you to read the documents and make your comments to Bradford.

There are a lot of documents associated with this project - the following can be viewed from the www.news.silsden.net website (rather than from the Bradford Planning Portal). These are the major documents published so far which will allow you to see the proposal without having to view duplicates and view "every" document.

www.news.silsden.net/facilities/silsden-school-planning-app-1705793reg

STC PLANNING MEETING - THURS 16th November 2017 at 7.30pm (in the Town Hall Meeting Room)

There will be an extended Public Adjournment [max time 45 mins] to view the plans for the school and seek advice on how to make your comments to the planning authority.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 09:25:27      reply with quote

Concerns over plans for new Silsden primary school

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/news_keighley/15660409.Concerns_over_plans_for_new_Silsden_primary_school/

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 10:23:39      reply with quote

Since when did we in Silsden give a fig about anything Mallinson says.
The man is a waste of space.
He wants the school to be built on our Park, Thankfully Bradford do not own it.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 12:10:20      reply with quote

posted by HurricaneHector
Since when did we in Silsden give a fig about anything Mallinson says.
The man is a waste of space.
He wants the school to be built on our Park, Thankfully Bradford do not own it.
Mallinson hates Silsden and its people thats why he moved from the town.He cant stand the fact that the majority back the Town Council and his running mate did not get elected.Now sacked from his party his parting shot is to do what he always has done.....lose assets from Silsden.The sooner he goes the better for everyone

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 12:27:07      reply with quote

Please don't change the subject on this topic, if you wish to comment on the merits of Malison please comment on the Keighley News - thanks.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 13:15:30      reply with quote

I have never met nor ever seen Mallinson: however i am fully aware of his apparent lack of interest for Silsden and often ’no shows’! However his idea of putting the school on the Park is something i have also thought about and mentioned to others on the Silsden grape vine. I would be the first to condemn this suggestion if i thought it was utterely wrong, and i am probably the most strongest park advocate you would ever meet.
If you were to think of the benefits Silsden were to have...just for one moment you might just realise that it is not such a bad idea after all. The school would be retained at the heart of the community; Vertually everyone would be able to walk to school with ease. Traffic would likely be much less than it is now.
The old school could be transformed into large pocket parks that offer, different activities suited to the modern child related activities of today set beside the kiddie swim start pool. Pockets of green would transform the area bringing life and colour.
The existing proposed school site could be sold for housing. Some facilities like tennis and bowles could still be retained at the park.
Everyone would be a winner as far as i could see.
Dog walkers might loose out a bit, but as far as i can see owners pretty much let dogs shit anywhere, anyhow!
Why not move with the times and embrace positive change.
Anyone willing to comment on this idea?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 15:22:24      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Please don't change the subject on this topic, if you wish to comment on the merits of Malison please comment on the Keighley News - thanks.

If as part of the planning process someone proposes a different location for the school that person and his stupid ideas are relevent to a thread on the new school.In my opinion!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 15:38:37      reply with quote

If as part of the planning process someone proposes a different location for the school that person and his stupid ideas are relevent to a thread on the new school.In my opinion!
The above was not the post I replied to asking you not to divert the topic which is -
(comments) on the new school plans. You have to read the Keighley News to be able to comment on the views of Mallinson.

Replies in this thread : 52
Page : 1 2
<< prev page prev page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > NEW SCHOOL PLANS ARE AVAILABLE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to