Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > NEW SCHOOL PLANS ARE AVAILABLE

Replies in this thread : 105
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page prev page >>

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2017 : 13:15:36      reply with quote

posted by Pennypeck
Note a recent objection filed as a Consultee Comment on the 8th December, on the subject of flooding.
The document on the planning portal submitted by Bradford Lead Local Flood Authority makes interesting reading. The document is on the portal as a word document so I have converted it to a pdf - see below:

news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/17_05793_REG-CONSULTEE__DRAINAGE_CONSULTATIONS-5022861.pdf

Another feature, which isn't obvious from looking at the plans, is the school building will cut into the the slope of the land. This will necessitate the building of a high retaining wall behind the school on the east side, and another retaining wall on the west side in front of the school. If you look carefully at the perspective drawing you can see the retaining walls (on building zoom 3) - this is going to make a whole load of groundwater problems. No doubt it can all be fixed at a price, but it makes you wonder!

click for more information

hat
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2017 : 14:50:05      reply with quote

not one consultee has supported this application so far. i think BMC has some rework to do

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/01/2018 : 15:27:09      reply with quote

The above is a 3D model of the plans for the proposed new school. Note the amount of the ground which will become a hard surface and the extensive remodeling of the land which will be required to make flat areas. To make the flat area extensive retaining walls will be constructed and large areas will be fenced to keep the children in. The 2.4m peripheral fence is not shown.

For more pictures and a panoramic view of the fields:
news.silsden.net/development/the-new-junior-school-for-silsden

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

12/01/2018 : 11:15:58      reply with quote

Silsden Primary School News 10th Jan 2018

New School Update.
You will have seen that the new school project is currently at the consultation stage of the planning process. The architects are currently talking to staff and children about the final design of the building... Subject to planning Permission being granted, the project remains on track for our children to move into the new building in September 2019.

REALLY!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

12/01/2018 : 12:01:29      reply with quote

To date, there are 49 objections to the plans for the new school.

Most of the objections mention the traffic chaos and gridlock we all know will happen. Many say the location is wrong and it should be opposite Aldi on the Riverside land which already has sports facilities next door.

Many of the objections are for the problem many parents and children will have with the non separation of school traffic and pedestrian access.

There is STILL NO HIGHWAYS REPORT

DATES POSTED ON THE PLANNING PORTAL
Last Site Notice Posted Date -
Latest Site Notice Expiry Date -
Statutory Expiry Date Thu 01 Feb 2018
Agreed Expiry Date -
Decision Made Date -
Decision Printed Date -
Environmental Impact Assessment Received -
Determination Deadline Thu 01 Feb 2018
Temporary Permission Expiry Date -

There is still time to have your say.....

Use this link
planning.bradford.gov.uk/online-applications/

and on the page search for planning application number
17/05793/REG

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

12/01/2018 : 21:50:07      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Just looking at the school 3d images and it is beyond belief that there will be three fences keeping the nursery kids within the site..all over 2m as well. Itís ridiculous and it so looks like a sole destroying place to bring up kids: more like a prison.

On another point the lovely green field will be destroyed just so they can put a school on it, but the kids will not be able to access any of the grassed areas to play on, unless it is supervised on the football pitch.

In effect this school could be built on a brownfield site, such as the old weaverstyle site which everyone can access relatively easily. This scheme is crazy.

Oooh..look at all that huge car park beside the school: Guess what though NONE of that is for you, (staff only). You will be in a one way queue of traffic trying to park somewhere down past the school, (likely beyond the soccer pitch..and if you dont get a space you will be spewed back out into traffic, struggling to park somewhere...NOT close by)!

I do not want to be in a line of traffic going around the school, trying to park. Basically you would have been in a queue of traffic from Skipton Road, to the school, then have to pass it as you couldnít park, and hopefully end up being somewhere down past the soccer pitch, having to walk alll the way back up with your children. Once handing them over you would have to walk all the way back to your car, then join the queuing one way traffic whilst dodging other cars pulling away in front of you. Then you would have to navigate through the built up narrow streets, dodging parked cars, to find yet again extensive queues of traffic along Howden Road, backing up because of the difficulties turning at the junction.
You could be further unlucky, if you caught up with the queues of traffic still trying to turn right onto Dale View!

Theres no point in trying to get to school early either because even if the gates were open, you would still have to wait to be let into school at the normal times: thus either way you can be certain that you will be in dire straits from the moment you head to school in your car.
Basically if you travel by car you would have no choice but to complete the queuing circuit.
As we all know, due to its location, there will be significantly more people travelling by car than currently do!

This proposal stinks and should be scrapped until a better traffic solution is found or better still a new location is found.
Oppose this proposal now. It is not fit for a modern community and is in my mind a very backward step from the current school.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

24/02/2018 : 10:51:36      reply with quote

Peter have a look at the comment from John Grogan MP on the planning site ?

hat
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2018 : 14:44:55      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

victor
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2018 : 15:42:02      reply with quote

Hat is this from Mr Currie the planner ?

hat
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2018 : 15:59:43      reply with quote

user wiped their message

victor
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2018 : 16:03:47      reply with quote

Thanks hat

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2018 : 21:31:49      reply with quote

Has anybody got the right contacts to find out the official position?
I would be delighted for Silsden if this was true as it was always the wrong choice of location. I would be equally disappointed at the waste of time and money involved.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2018 : 21:33:14      reply with quote

Has anybody got the right contacts to find the official line on this?

hat
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2018 : 22:03:39      reply with quote

On thte planning site there ars a couple of contacts:
Agent balbir.birring@bradford.gov.uk
Case officer stewart currie

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/02/2018 : 12:42:25      reply with quote

hat I contacted Adrian Naylor and he says there is no truth in the rumour.

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

08/03/2018 : 23:57:13      reply with quote

I sent Balbir Birring an email a few days ago but have not had any response. The Agreed end date is towards the end of the month, and I asked what would happen to the planning application is no decision had been reached by this date.

I understand that the Regulatory & Appeals Committee was due to have a meeting today but it was cancelled due to the bad weather. I cannot find any contact details for the chair on the council website nor can I find an agenda on the council website, but from all accounts there were a number of large capital projects that were up for discussion. The information on the council site indicates that 'where possible', the committee will notify those persons that have logged an item, either comment, objection or whatever, against a planning application. I haven't received anything. Maybe someone can try and contact Mr David Wharburton (the committee chair) or find the agenda somewhere on the council site (I have looked but just keep going around in circles).

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

11/03/2018 : 11:30:11      reply with quote

How can anybody be expected to make a decision on this application without a full report from Highways dept?
What are Bradford trying to hide?

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

12/03/2018 : 08:45:23      reply with quote

Here is Mr Warburtons details

https://bradford.moderngov.co.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=191

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

12/03/2018 : 23:37:35      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

To date, documents submitted by the public for the New School

Total Consulted-56, Comments Received-47, Objections-43, Supporting-0

To see for yourself, use this link

17/05793/REG

hat
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2018 : 07:46:36      reply with quote

There is one comment in support, from someone living on banklands who initially had her details posted along with her comment but later had this changed to be anonymous

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2018 : 09:55:54      reply with quote

hat the only supporter was a mother of two young children who lives on Banklands ave near Peter, I can understand her support as it would cut her travel distance to school by 75%. Also there would be no roads to cross on the way to school, everyone has a right to a opinion even if it is not the same as mine.
solid wood flooring

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2018 : 11:27:02      reply with quote

posted by victor
hat the only supporter was a mother of two young children who lives on Banklands ave near Peter, I can understand her support as it would cut her travel distance to school by 75%. Also there would be no roads to cross on the way to school, everyone has a right to a opinion even if it is not the same as mine.
Victor..I think you are surmising!!
I believe that these are not the points that were given by this Dr!
There is also nothing wrong with crossing roads or walking a reasonable distance with children: Itís good for them, its part of life and "itís an education like no other" (to quote from Lord Sugar). However it goes without saying that the current School application is way beyond what is deemed as Ďreasonableí walking distance for probably more than 65% of the intended users.

On another point, which i am concerned about is that, in recent correspondence and news, is that the school proposal is been pushed by councillors on the basis that the school will be beside propsed new housing, to the north.
Thus those householders will have a very short walking distance. However it is my understanding that the school can only be built on current school figures...so the school is for itís current/proposed users.
The houses to the north, i would say, wouldnít be built for quite a few years, maybe even 10years or so. Just think how slowly the current housing in Silsden is progressing and been filled? (The Banks).
I wonder if Bradford are purposely engaging developers to build more quickly to the north of the school proposal site as an argument to favour it being built there, contrary to to existing legislation/reasons?

Maybe two schools are still needed in Silsden and that it was a mistake merging the two? Should we have kept the old three tier system?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2018 : 13:32:47      reply with quote

Corkey Yorkey I was just pointing out that the address was Banklands ave not Banklands as hat said, also I was just letting people know that the supporter was probably influenced by where she lived.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

24/03/2018 : 12:26:28      reply with quote

The statutory expiry date was 1st Feb, then an agreed expiry date of 29th March was made, now this has changed from 29th March to 14th May.

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2018 : 22:49:19      reply with quote

Further to my email to various council representatives requesting an update, see below the reply from the Major Development Manager at Bradford Council. Hopefully it will explain where things are at the moment and how things will move forward.

"The Silsden school application you refer to is classed as a major planning application (a formal classification for an application for this scale of development). As such the Councilís arrangements are for all major planning applications to be considered at member level requires that these are considered by the Regulatory and Appeals Committee. There is no earlier or first stage committee that consider the application first.

The scale of the proposal and the number of representations submitted means that the application does not fall to be considered by Officers under delegated powers. Therefore at some stage the application will be presented for a decision to the R and A Committee.

The 29th March expiry date you refer to relates to the 13-week period the Council are given to determine a major application. It is not uncommon for major applications to go over that period whilst being considered and in such a case the applicant would normally be asked for an ďextension of timeĒ. Given that the applicant (the Council) is working to seek to overcome issues raised by consultees it is most likely that they will agree to an extension of time. In reality the 13-week deadline is set by regulations that govern planning applications so that the applicant can appeal against what is known as non-determination after the expiry of the 13 week date. This is designed to stop a council merely sitting on an application and refusing to determine it. Clearly here the applicant would not appeal as it is they who are taking time to submit amended details.

To help what will happen next:

1. The applicants are expected to submit amended and or additional details covering matters raised by consultees.
2. Once received these will be uploaded to the Planning website.
3. The Planning Office will consider if these amount to significant changes Ė in such a case we will re-advertise the application so that the public can view the changes and if they so wish they can comment again.
4. Once this process is complete the application will be added to an agenda for consideration by the R and A Committee. At this stage no date can be set but it will not be before May as the April agenda is now closed.
5. Anyone who has made a written representation will be notified about the time and date of the Committee meeting.
6. At the Committee meeting the Chair will allow the public to address the committee for up to 5 minutes (total time for all contributors). The public can attend the meeting and observe the committee unless there is a confidential exempt item. "

victor
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2018 : 18:51:26      reply with quote

There are new comments from Highways, this is some of it. There is to be a new crossing on Bolton road, and loads of traffic calming on Bolton road Dale view Banklands lane Hawber cote lane Fletcher ave Banklands Middleway Daisy hill and Howden road.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

06/04/2018 : 19:51:41      reply with quote

Without seeing the document: Whilst i recognise the need for some traffic calming action on Bolton Road I feel that this is very far from satisfactory.
How is traffic calming going to work: i believe that the government has stressed for raised humps to be removed! Is it chicanes?
Further still...traffic calming measures do not solve all the issues; inparticular the one way system that is proposed and lack of parking. I dont want to be in a slow moving queue desparately stuck in traffic. Nor do i want to be a problem to neighbours in the area. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2018 : 13:38:15      reply with quote

This is the best Highways can come up with for access and egress from the New School. To say they lead a little to be desired is an understatement:

DOCUMENT DETAIL OF THE PROPOSALS
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/17_05793_REG-SITE_PLAN-5127914.pdf

This is all very vague for something which will affect all of Silsden. There is no detail on how it will affect trough traffic and how the school traffic will get out of Howden Road. Middleway is hardly a road suitable for any extra traffic and Banklands and Fletcher Avenue will be very dangerous if school traffic is encouraged to use that route - but what do we know, we only live here?

WE NEED A PUBLIC MEETING WITH HIGHWAYS ON THESE PROPOSALS

The other new (revised) document

DETAILS
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/17_05793_REG-LANDSCAPING-5127916.pdf

On this document, it's not so much the details it has but those that are missed out!

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2018 : 19:25:54      reply with quote

We urgently require a Town meeting to discuss the impact of the proposed Highway solutions.
My feeling is the school should not have this kind of impact on the community.
The proposals are severe for the streets affected and the one way system, still being proposed, will cause unnecessary impact on peoples lives, not only of those using the school, but also in the wider community.
For my life i cannot also understand the reason to introduce a puffin type crossing, higher up Bolton rd, as it is proposed to be in a position where their are probably the least amount of users! In that position it will not stop folk crossing the road at dangerous points lower down.

Is their an actual Highways written report published; If not why not?

I am also concerned that this scheme significantly mixes car users with pedestrians, within the school grounds.
Iím not sure, but this needs looking into, as I feel that this should not be allowed, in such circumstance.

On another issue I am concerned that the only play the children will have will be with a hard surface. Their is no grass, trees, or flower beds in which the children can connect with. They will only be able to admire it from the prison, at the other side of the metal security fencing and child retaining walls.

The scheme needs to be stopped. It is clear by Bradford that they seem to think otherwise. We need a petition and we need control of our community.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2018 : 20:06:22      reply with quote

Just thought i would get the 100th posting on this subject! happy :)

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2018 : 21:27:40      reply with quote

Never mind a Petition why don`t the people of Silsden hold a protest and let BMDC know how the people feel on this very important matter. Look what the people of Sheffield did over the destruction of trees .

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2018 : 12:47:39      reply with quote

On the planning portal, Bradford Highways have posted a map detailing roads directly affected by the site of the new school which will require "managed street parking"

DOCUMENT DETAIL OF THE PROPOSALS
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/17_05793_REG-SITE_PLAN-5127914.pdf

New Traffic Regulation Orders to manage on-street parking in accordance with a scheme to be agreed with Highways. Existing street lighting to be reviewed and upgraded as required
At the STC council meeting last Thursday the question was asked by the residents of Middleway if they could have a meeting with Bradford Highways to discuss the plans for access and egress to the proposed new school.

Adrian Naylor has asked the questing of Bradford with the result:

Bradford have refused a meeting regarding highways and the school. It is suggested that everyone concerned gets their points on the portal and asks to be advised of the panel meeting.
If you live on the roads marked (and roads joining) Bradford is refusing to listen to the local people about our traffic/ parking problems. ??????Highways know best??????

You must make your views known to Bradford BEFORE the plans for the school go to the planning committee.

It is very easy to do -

Use this link

17/05793/REG

If you register and post a comment you will automatically be informed when the planning for the school will be discussed by the planning panel.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2018 : 13:55:49      reply with quote

Irrespective of whether you favour the school or not there is a very strong argument to be had against Bradford in rerasoning that any changes or regulations that affect Banklands Lane, Banklands and Fletcher Avenue will directly affect the publics ability to utilise Silsden Park. In effect it is directly possible that you may not be able to park on these roads.
These roads are our only means of being able to park our cars alongside when we want to use our park.
For those of you who live on the other side of town, or not close to the park, and wish to visit the park, you may not be able to park your car.

If Bradford want to heavily restrict the use of these roads, then they should provide alternative free parking facilities for park users. The current car park, opposite St jamesís should not be used as an argument to facilitate this, either, it is much used by shoppers or users of the facilites and churches centrally placed in our Town. Access to our park needs to be spread out for all users with different access points and these should be available allay, all the time, without constraints imposed.

We urgently require the Town Council and councillors to get onboard with this.
We should not be raped of one facility to facilitate a badly placed school.

Thats my point of view.
Come on Grandad show us your worst?

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2018 : 14:55:04      reply with quote

The school will come no matter what the people say.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2018 : 20:06:14      reply with quote

The committee date is 31/05/2018.

Replies in this thread : 105
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page prev page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > NEW SCHOOL PLANS ARE AVAILABLE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to