Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Up to 1,000 new houses

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Up to 1,000 new houses

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 14:11:59      reply with quote

Up to 1,000 new houses could be built on land surrounding the proposed replacement for Silsden Primary School campus, says Bradford Council.

news.silsden.net/development/local-devopment-framework/silsden-poised-for-massive-housing-development-to-north-and-east-of-town

This would take the 1200 houses built / planned for Silsden total to 1600 (and that's without the housing planned for the Riverside site).

click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 14:15:06      reply with quote

good news for all the struggling businesses and pubs in silsden 'happy :)');

Harvey spicer
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 15:02:41      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

i dont live in silsden , but i have always really liked it, it had a large village kind of feel.

i would be mortified if i lived there now .
it would appear to me that Brad council have looked and thought, where can we build loads and loads of houses,thats got a fire station a large medical centre ,that's got good road links, good rail links and loads of surrounding fields we can fill with houses, and where by we then only need to build a huge school and we've ticked every box.

someone has earmarked silsden and the Barrats and perssimmons and Red Rows of this world are about to destroy what once was a really decent community, i have seen it happen to Burley and i know it will happen to silsden next .

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 15:07:25      reply with quote

but new houses are being built everywhere not just silsden,the uk population is on the up ,where are we going to put them then,in tents or caves etc,its called progress and will continue till over population (if we get that far) ends what we know today 'sad :(');

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 17:21:10      reply with quote

Shortage of housing.Trains are full.Roads are gridlocked.The NHS is unable to cope with the amount of patients.The energy grid is almost at capacity.Too much waste the sewerage pipe is over capacity.Concreting green belt for people to live means flooding down the valleysand so on.

People think we have a housing shortage so propose new houses.This has a knock on effect to all the other things listed.

Perhaps the reality is not a housing crisis but a over population crisis

victor
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2017 : 19:45:45      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Just a thought when I built a house in Malham I put in four soakaways about 1m square and 1M deep in size, the building control said this was adequate for surface water from a detached house. I wonder if all new houses had soakaways it would help with flooding. Also you don't pay for surface water drainage.

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Up to 1,000 new houses  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to