Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Dog toilet

Replies in this thread : 12

Author

Topic : Dog toilet

logicale
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2018 : 10:56:57      reply with quote

After watching a man take his dog into the St James graveyard and let his dog crap on the graves and then a couple in a white van park in the car park then take their dog in to let it crap in the graveyard is there no standards left in this town Have people sunk so low to let their dogs crap on the deceased DISGUSTING AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES
click for more information

PE
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2018 : 12:36:22      reply with quote

Did you manage to get the reg and/ or any photos of where their dog did it?
Might be worth sending to the police and grounds keeper to see if they can do anything?
I'd imagine they could be trespassing if they were only there to exercise their dog(s).

BarryT
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2018 : 17:35:39      reply with quote

That's awful, to actually park up to take the dog in the graveyard just to go to the loo.

logicale
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2018 : 19:32:20      reply with quote

No Did not get reg but will keep a look out

fozmeister
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2018 : 11:17:50      reply with quote

Getting beyond a joke now! try not to go out in town after dark if we can help it. not without a decent torch anyway. Dog crap everywhere you look and judging by the colour of it, mostly the same hound in certain areas. Ings Way is particularly bad and St John's Street a total disgrace. I was born and raised down there and it's upsetting beyond belief to see how bad it has become. I'd love to catch whoever it is that allows their pooch to defecate on the Post Office bridge at regular intervals! It's pretty obvious to me the owners let their animals do it on purpose because of the way it's nearly always slap bang in the middle of the footpath. Trouble is, the more people complain, the more it seems to happen. By the time this post has been read, we could end up with a right SxxT storm brewing!! Best not say anymore for fear of retribution. Still, when we are all eventually up to our necks in the stuff, something may get done to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, I wouldn't hold my breath, even to cut out the prevailing stench!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2018 : 14:12:41      reply with quote

This topic comes up every year during the winter months, search this forum for "dog mess" I thought the complaints had moved onto the facebook pages but no..... sigh!

Look on the bright side the sun is coming our way and the days are getting longer.... and the problem will soon go away for a few months.

I read a town magazine in the library (under the local history section), and in 1960 guess what the main complaint was?

Tread carefully!

fozmeister
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2018 : 15:12:54      reply with quote

Didn't realise dogs put their business on hold for the summer months Peter, or for that matter the owners quit taking them for walkies! Also, I grew up in the 50's & 60's and certainly don't remember dog mess being much of a problem 'till the 70's. Can't recall doing a slalom course around the stuff on the way back from school either! Not as many pooches about in those days of course! Any road up, looks as though you wish to draw a line under the subject, so, will let things be. Not everyone does social media, though but!!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2018 : 20:18:05      reply with quote

The point about lighter nights reducing the amount of dog mess being left, is because it is not so easy to get away with walking away from it if it is daylight, and therefore more likely to be seem.
Prior to the 1970's the law stated that it was legal to allow the dog to mess without picking it up if it was in the road, that if where the saying, "Kerb your dog" came from.

cars
Website Member

Website Member

30/01/2018 : 09:30:18      reply with quote

well I never knew that !! What a mind of information you have.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

01/02/2018 : 11:29:23      reply with quote

posted by cars
well I never knew that !! What a mind of information you have.
It is a result of listening and learning over many years, you are never too old to learn.
Has it appears you have now discovered.

cars
Website Member

Website Member

03/02/2018 : 10:17:42      reply with quote

No you misunderstand. I should have been more clear, let me phrase it another way.
You know a lot about shit
(ps. your grammar is getting worse, don't drink too much)

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2018 : 09:12:33      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Oh dear, it is obvious I was wrong some people will never learn regardless of how old they are.
My grammar may not be up to your standards, (Or possibly down to them) But I do not use you're disgusting language!
If drink is the reason for your poor standards? You shouldn't judge other by your standards.
You have no idea about me!

logicale
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2018 : 11:40:57      reply with quote

Reporting back No white van dropping off and no one walking their dogs in the churchyard yesterday (sunday) If this post has frightened them off good

Replies in this thread : 12

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Dog toilet  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to