Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > BAD ACCIDENT - BOLTON ROAD, SILSDEN - Tues 8.20pm

Replies in this thread : 13

Author

Topic : BAD ACCIDENT - BOLTON ROAD, SILSDEN - Tues 8.20pm

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2018 : 20:25:58      reply with quote

Bad accident on Bolton Road by sub station.

The road will be closed for some time.

click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2018 : 16:12:19      reply with quote

From the Keighley News

A man was seriously injured after being hit by a car in Silsden.

Firefighters from Keighley and Bingley were called to Bolton Road at 7pm last Tuesday (March 27) following reports that a Vauxhall Corsa had collided with a pedestrian.

The 30-year-old man had become trapped between the Corsa and a parked Ford Focus.

A spokesman for the fire service said they were called to assist the paramedics in getting the injured man onto a spinal board.

He was taken to Leeds General Infirmary (LGI) with serious injuries to his legs and neck, though his condition was not believed to be life threatening.

The driver of the Corsa and other people at the scene were treated by paramedics for shock.

David Knox, crew commander at Keighley Fire Station, said: "This happened on the way out of Silsden. A lady was driving uphill towards Addingham when she was involved in this collision with a member of the public.

"The man who was hit was stabilised in an ambulance before being taken to LGI, and the road was closed off for a short period."

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2018 : 18:17:51      reply with quote

Important Notice!

This is terrible..now imagine that it could be a child: if the new school goes ahead.

Bolton Road is a death trap; It is a narrowish major A road, parked cars meaning you are constantly pulling out
to get around, idiots overtaking moving cars (frustration!), heavy goods vehicles, wide loads, slow tractors, wide turning buses, allotments that people drive to and walk to and cross the road to and from, tight corners for turning local traffic. (Pickard Lane, Dale view, Banklands,Townhead, North Street, Brown Bank Lane, Brierdene and the rd to Silsden Park- to name a few!)

The proposed new school should be scrapped until either:
A, They relocate it where it is easily accessible to all
B, Until a bypass is built

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2018 : 18:30:27      reply with quote

For once I agree with Corky Yorky.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2018 : 20:08:05      reply with quote

get a 20mph limit would help,but you bet that every other speeder will be someone local 'shocked 8O');

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

29/03/2018 : 15:57:30      reply with quote

If they are not obeying the 30 limit why would they obey a 20 limit......

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2018 : 12:00:36      reply with quote

I feel it is in very bad taste for people to be trying to score political capital out of this incident, without knowing the FULL facts of it's cause.

Anyone who can't manage to navigate alone a road that requires a little bit more safety consideration than an empty road, should think carefully about whether they should be driving at all.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2018 : 12:04:52      reply with quote

well said HH,someone running into the back of a parked at the side of the road car going up hill,certainly was`nt concentrating on the road,poss on phone or should`nt be on the road. 'angry');

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2018 : 12:16:26      reply with quote

Appeal: Serious Road Traffic on Bolton Road, in Silsden

Thursday 29 March, 2018

Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious road traffic collision in Silsden.

The incident happened on Tuesday 27 March at around 7pm on Bolton Road when there was a collision between a car and pedestrian.

Officers received a call from the ambulance service who were already at the scene.

A silver Vauxhall Corsa was travelling up the hill on Bolton Road when a collision occurred with a parked car, a black Ford Focus.

A man in his 30s suffered serious injuries and was rushed to Leeds General Infirmary for urgent medical treatment. He remains in hospital in a critical condition.

Officers are appealing to the public for witnesses to the collision itself or if anyone saw the vehicles prior to the collision.

Anyone with any information about the collision is asked to contact PC John Moss via 101 quoting log number *1737 of 27 March or alternatively information can be given to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2018 : 19:07:58      reply with quote

posted by HurricaneHector
I feel it is in very bad taste for people to be trying to score political capital out of this incident, without knowing the FULL facts of it's cause.

What and who is trying to score political capital?

The fact remains Bolton Road is a potential hazard to anyone, whether pedestrians on the footpath or road users.
Hazards are abound, as previously mentioned. The current, and only, major development proposal that will have an imense impact on this road is the new school proposal.
Any development that has an adverse impact on this road and surrounding neighbourhood should not be allowed to go ahead until, the reasons i have forementioned have been met.

You do not need the full facts of this case to realise, that even for a seasoned driver, this road has serious traffic issues. Any proposed development plan in this area should have a full environmental impact assessment undertaken; with particular emphasis on traffic. Regarding the school; it is my understanding that this has not happened.

Even without the facts....for those involved in this terrible accident they have my full sympathy.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2018 : 21:46:08      reply with quote

Corky
I agree with your last line.
The rest is more of your usual B.S.
Every road as it's hazards and any driver that is fit to be on the road should be able to deal with any and all of them.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

31/03/2018 : 22:23:55      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Having spoken to a witness to this accident I think it would be wise not to speculate on the cause of this incident.

<Correction of post>

The pedestrian involved is still in hospital but hopefully on the road to recovery.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2018 : 09:32:51      reply with quote

As this is Easter Day could we please have a little more respect for the views of others.

jj126
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2018 : 12:35:21      reply with quote

Peter,
As a relative of the pedestrian I can tell you he is still in hospital,I donít know where youíve got your information from.

Replies in this thread : 13

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > BAD ACCIDENT - BOLTON ROAD, SILSDEN - Tues 8.20pm  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to