Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Planning committee date for new school

Replies in this thread : 41
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : Planning committee date for new school

victor
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2018 : 10:44:54      reply with quote

The date is May the 31st.
click for more information

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2018 : 18:40:02      reply with quote

Victor

Do you know when the date was announced - all people lodging an objection should be notified but as yet I have not received anything either via post or email.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2018 : 19:21:33      reply with quote

David I keep looking at the Planning application for any changes, and last night I noticed in the Important Dates section that the Committee date had been entered, I think it went in yesterday.

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2018 : 22:06:08      reply with quote

I've just looked at the important dates section on the portal, I'm sure it stated Monday 14th May. I couldn't make a comment either!

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2018 : 23:14:13      reply with quote

The Regulatory and Appeals Committee is scheduled to meet next on the 31st May. The Agenda has to be published a week in advance so I would suggest that people keep an eye on that section of the council website - see link below.

https://bradford.moderngov.co.uk/ieListMeetings.aspx?CommitteeId=157

I think the Town Council following last weeks meeting were trying to get some representation from Highways to provide details over planned routes and traffic management and restrictions. If the planning hearing is set for the 31st it is very unlikely that the meeting with Highways is likely to happen.

I cannot understand the delay in providing more detailed information.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/05/2018 : 08:21:36      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

And this is the parking on Middleway,most days.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

18/05/2018 : 10:52:58      reply with quote

How can this be democratic, residents have a right to know if they are going to have Road Humps and double white lines outside there homes. Then they would be more objections and town meetings with our three councillors, or is it that they don't care about us.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

18/05/2018 : 11:23:15      reply with quote

I have just looked at the drop off points and I estimate that around thirty cars could drop off at the same time, all taking around 4 minutes to complete there task. If there are around 250 to 300 cars then it will take at least 30 minutes to drop off and leave the school. What will happen if there is a slight accident cars will be backed up to Bolton road and then to the roundabout. Just what idiot drew up these plans.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

18/05/2018 : 13:03:04      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Victor.
I know a wide variety of parents and i can tell you now 4 minutes is an extremely conservative time for drop off!
I would say standard drop off time is somewhere between 8 and 15 minutes.

If you have more than one child at the school you have to go to a different entrance/exit. Parents are also there to meet other parents and gossip and at pick up hang around and play a bit in the playgrounds etc, or want to see the head or a teacher. Schools are supposed to be social places and parents often like to meet up at the school after drop off. It would be likely that if you travel to the school and want to meet up with your buddy at the school you would have to move you vehicle again from the drop off to somewhere totally inconvenient! Presently parents can leave the car on the street.

The spaces should not be classed as drop-offs; they should be classed as full parking places!
For working parents who need a car for drop off and to get to work etc are likely to be completely pissed off with the one way system and if they get stuck in a queue or at difficult lights etc. As will the rest of the folk.

I am also extremely concerned that there will be vehicles and children mixed whilst on the school site.

Restrictions to the roads beside the park will affect everyone who uses the park: Bowlers, Rugby clubs, parents, visitors, running clubs and any other societies who want to meet at our park.
The restrictions will in effect, i believe cause significant difficulty. The school should not affect our community in this way. Does anyone know if our Park committee are aware of the incursions by the parking restraints?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

19/05/2018 : 21:23:15      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Corky Yorky
Victor.
Does anyone know if our Park committee are aware of the incursions by the parking restraints?
Well i think so, that will be Councillor Richard Barton.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2018 : 08:17:27      reply with quote

Ward Councillors Adrian Naylor and Rebecca Whitaker have both asked for a public meeting to discuss Bradford Highways plans for the roads, to and from the new school.

A meeting has been refused by Bradford

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2018 : 09:12:23      reply with quote

Does anyone know what happens now?

Can we force a public enquiry?

Petition?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2018 : 10:52:55      reply with quote

there is nothing to stop the town council calling a public meeting or any action group from doing so.A petition is only counted as 1 objection no matter how many signatures on it, it would be better to have as many individual letters to the council demanding a public meeting and of course plenty of press coverage.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2018 : 12:15:53      reply with quote

Does anybody know if we are entitled to ask under the freedom of information act just what the highways have recommended ?.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2018 : 13:34:41      reply with quote

If I am not mistaken members of the public can go into the planning office and look at the planning file , this was certainly the case in the past maybe an idea to let them know you are going so that file will be available.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2018 : 14:52:48      reply with quote

thanks ginjo, I have asked Mr Curry if I can see the highways report.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 12:19:15      reply with quote

Victor, we would all be very grateful to you if you can achieve this and let us know.I think their lack of openness tells us everything we need to know though. Its disgraceful the way that they are handling this all.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 13:38:01      reply with quote

If this is powered through..which seems very likely!

How does anyone know if one can get a Judicial Review of the acts by the council?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 13:46:02      reply with quote

just a thought , has anyone contacted Planning Aid? its an organisation that assists members of the public and local communities with planning issues, it is a free service and they are very good.Just google planning aid england

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 16:04:13      reply with quote

THE PLANNING APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS:

Re 17/05793/REG | A fit for purpose 3.FE primary school and nursery, which includes a future-proofed design to enable a 4.FE school provision. External works to include utility connections/diversions, landscaping, car parking, highways, external play and sports provision. | Land At Hawber Lane Silsden West Yorkshire

To make a comment use this link
planning.bradford.gov.uk/online-applications/

and on the page search for planning application number
17/05793/REG

victor
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 16:25:28      reply with quote

I have had a reply from Mr Currie to my request under the freedom of information act. He says that the Highways consultation response will be uploaded onto the website tomorrow. Should be interesting.
solid wood flooring

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 19:24:11      reply with quote

Should be interesting reading......

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 09:47:13      reply with quote

Don't seem to be able to submit comments at the moment!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 11:34:47      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
Don't seem to be able to submit comments at the moment!
It is working BUT you have to login / register BEFORE you can make a comment.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 11:38:59      reply with quote

I could not find the document on the planning application, just looked now and the only things from highways that I can see are the two drawings which were there before, how did you find it peter/

midway
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 12:20:46      reply with quote

It does work,have you got to this page?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 13:13:27      reply with quote

yes I got that page, I thought a document from highways was supposed to be on the site from today but there is nothing new on there from them only 2 docs which are drawings and they have been there a while.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 14:58:14      reply with quote

posted by victor
The date is May the 31st.
The official confirmation of the date

news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ufm30-1.pdf

Don't hold your breath on a report from Highways, that will probably be published on the 30th May when it's too late to comment on it.

Make your views know about this ill-conceived access and exit plans to the new school NOW, through the planning portal. Details on how to comment in the thread above.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 16:23:17      reply with quote

Peter if you go to,
Bradford planning committee dates then
monthly meetings calendar then
31 st May then
agenda reports pack

They hid it but I found it.
Not good news

victor
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 16:52:43      reply with quote

Peter there is another report on the planning site, which is different to the first one.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 17:46:35      reply with quote

thanks victor, I have seen the report on the committee section but on the planning application there still does not appear to be a report from highways other than the two drawings latest one was 30th april, where did you see the new report on this section?
It is hard to believe how anyone could pass this application based on the hair brained idea highways have put forward.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 18:19:43      reply with quote

Just in case you can't find it.

PROPOSED MITIGATION MEASURES

In order to try and address a number of traffic / highway safety issues that are likely to arise as a result of the relocation of the school the applicant is proposing the following measures:

Provide a pedestrian crossing facility, on Bolton Road to the north of Dale View, both in the interest of pedestrian safety and to encourage walking to school by parents & pupils living on the northwest side of Silsden. This would also provide opportunity for motorist to egress Dale View onto Bolton Road.

A scheme to promote traffic regulation orders on Dale View, Banklands and Banklands Lane to minimise on street parking associated with school traffic. No detailed schemes has been developed and this will have to be agreed and promoted prior to the new school being brought into use should this application be approved.

Carry out a review of the existing street lighting on Dale View, Banklands, Banklands Lane and upgrade as required to support safer walking routes to the school.

A scheme to promote traff ic regulation orders on Daisy Hill and Middleway to minimise on street parking associated with school traffic. No detailed scheme has been developed and this will have to be agreed and promoted prior to the new school being brought into use should this application be approved.

Provide a scheme to improve the substandard visibility from Daisy Hill onto Howden Road. This is likely to take the form of junction plateaus to reduce vehicle speeds on Howden Road, as well as possible speed cushions on Daisy Hill, and a build out on the Daisy Hill / Howden Road junction to move the give way line forward.

Carry out a review of the existing street lighting on Howden Road, Daisy Hill, Middleway and upgrade as required to support safer walking routes to the school.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 19:00:32      reply with quote

ginjo it is the third one down in the comments section.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 19:02:42      reply with quote

Vehicular Access

The proposed vehicular entrance into the site is to be located at its northern extent off Hawber Cote Lane, which is accessed via Banklands and/or Dale View both of which have substandard junction arrangements with Bolton Road (A6043) in terms of visibility onto the major road.

A one-way road is to be provided through the site so that the majority of site traffic will exit at the southern extent of the site onto Middleway and exiting via Banklands Lane will be controlled using gates.

Pickup / drop off facilities will be provided within the site thereby reducing the need for parking on nearby residential streets.

Therefore the majority of the site traffic is expected to enter from the north and exit from the south of the site although some traffic is likely to turn around rather than enter the site and in turn will lead to an increase in the use of the two substandard junctions back onto Bolton Road. There are no realistic measures that could be implemented to improve

visibility at these junctions.

Signalisation of the Dale View / Bolton Road junction is not possible due to onsite constraints, such as narrow footways and poor intervisibility, and therefore is not an option. Some localised double yellow lines i.e. approximately 10m, on the corners are however likely to be promoted to stop parking immediately next to the junction.

The traffic accident records have been interrogated for the past 5 years and this shows that there have been two 'slight' accidents on Bolton Road at the Dale View junction and no accidents at the Banklands junction.

It should be noted that whilst a number of new traffic regulation orders are proposed on the north and south approaches to the site no detailed schemes have been developed. These will have to be agreed and promoted prior to the new school being brought into use should this application be app

midway
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 19:21:08      reply with quote

Pedestrian Access

Although the main vehicular entrance to the proposed site is located at its northern extent, pedestrians will be able to access the site by both the northern (Hawber Cote Lane) and western (Banklands Lane) accesses.

Car Parking

The proposal offers sufficient parking for staff and visitors, as well as drop off / pickup facilities, within the site, therefore, I have no objections to raise regarding this.

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 19:50:49      reply with quote

Copy the link into your browser to see the full Public Pack for the Regulatory and Appeals Committee meeting planned for 31st May

bradford.moderngov.co.uk/documents/g6854/Public%20reports%20pack%2031st-May-2018%2010.00%20Regulatory%20and%20Appeals%20Committee.pdf?T=10

Doesn't seem to provide realistic and workable solutions to the concerns over access. The proposals look to be insignificant. One section actually seems to suggest that traffic congestion at school time is to be expected - well it doesn't have to be if you plan the thing correctly and make adequate provision.

For the planning application to get to this point without accurate proposals shows a complete lack of attention by Bradford Councils planning department, but also by Craven Ward Councillors, and by the Town Council who have been happy to push the blame onto Bradford, instead of getting to grips with the issue.

Replies in this thread : 41
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Planning committee date for new school  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to