Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Gas Compensation

Replies in this thread : 17

Author

Topic : Gas Compensation

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 18:40:56      reply with quote

Anyone still trying to get their gas compensation. My supplier is Scottish Power, in recent telephone contact with them they didn't really have any clue what I was talking about, telling me to contact Northern Gas Network, when I told them I had already done that, they were somewhat vague in their response. Back to NGN they said I would eventually get my compensation via a third party & that it would be paid by my gas supplier, but when? No-one seems to know. In the meantime my neighbours have already been paid out. what is going on??? I'm fed up with trying to find out.
click for more information

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

21/05/2018 : 22:51:27      reply with quote

It seems that the only notification you get from your gas provider is if they send you a cheque. It seems that the others silently credit either the bank account from which they receive the direct debit payments, or they credit your gas account with them. If you bank online, its easy to find out whether they have made a transfer. It can be more difficult to establish whether they have credited your gas account. Given the time of year, it is not unusual for gas accounts to have a negative balance at the end of winter. If you can see your latest gas bill online and you notice that your balance has improved by an amount greater than any normal monthly payments that have been made, there is a good chance that's where your compensation went.

If you look at the current last post on the original "gas" thread, you will see the email address of NGN's customer service team. They are well aware of the Silsden incident. I suggest you email them at least for them to confirm that a payment has been made to your supplier and include your contact details and phone numbers (important). They have access to records for every property and they should be able to tell you at what time and day they first attempted to switch your gas back on, hence how many days compensation you are due. This should at least eliminate NGN from the issue, leaving you knowing that you need to pursue only your supplier. I have heard other Scottish Power users having similar problems as recently as today, if that's any consolation.

Good luck.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 06:00:45      reply with quote

I received a cheque for mine just a couple of days ago from Eon, so it is still ongoing. I had hoped for it to be credited to my account, but the suppliers seem to be adopting different methods. At least people are getting paid...

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 06:47:09      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

after contacting ngn they say that all the compensation payment have been paid to a third party called XOSERVE,AND ITS UP TO YOUR COMPANY TO CONTACT THEM AND GET THE MONEY OWED,AS YOU ALL HAVE SAID SOME GET A CHEQUE AND SOME HAVE HAD IT CREDITED TO YOUR ACCOUNT or direct debit account paying the bills,most gas suppliers are oblivious to this so get them rung up and tell them to get their finger out as when they check this its seems to go through no problem.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 12:28:43      reply with quote

Phoned Scottish Power this AM, the saga continues. Firstly I got a call centre person who had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Told her to get someone who did know. Put on hold for 15 minutes. Next person had no idea either, told the person that Scottish Power are required to contact Exoserve to initiate the compensation to Scottish Power's account so that they in turn can pay me. Put on hold again, eventually another person came on to say that they are raising a customer complaint to investigate my complaint & that somebody from Scottish Power will be in contact with me by the 30th.May to discuss my complaint, in the meantime they will get in contact with Exoserve. Maybe, at last, I am getting somewhere. Maybe!

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 13:25:40      reply with quote

Further to my last post. I have phoned NGN & have been advised that weeks ago NGN paid the compensation monies to Exoserve & that they,in turn, paid out compensation monies to all the various gas suppliers, including Scottish Power. The relevant NGN manager has been in contact with Scottish Power to ascertain why they appear to be the only gas company who are sitting on compensation money & not paying out. This issue is now being discussed at management level. I live in hope!!

firtoffee
Website Member

Website Member

22/05/2018 : 18:57:56      reply with quote

I am also with Scottish Power and having great difficulty getting my gas compensation.
I have just received this email from xoserve.

.Box.xoserve.fsg.billing <ric.fsgcompensation@xoserve.com>

I can confirm that payments for this incident from the Network have all processed and been paid to your shipper/supplier for them to issue to you, as per the agreed Industry process.

I can also confirm that we have contacted your shipper/supplier in regards to the Silsden incident, to clarify that they are responsible to make this payment to their effected Customers, such as yourself.

Please contact your Gas Supplier in regards to receiving your payment.

Kind regards,

Nichola Dowding Business Process Co-Ordinator

Invoicing Credit & Change (IC&C)

victor
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2018 : 12:06:51      reply with quote

Scottish power credited my account yesterday.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2018 : 15:13:36      reply with quote

180 chq arrived today

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2018 : 11:57:22      reply with quote

Finally, at long last, I have today had my bank account credited with 120 from Scottish Power. WOW!

Carrie
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2018 : 17:08:09      reply with quote

Hi

Anybody with Ovo Energy & if so have you been paid?

We contacted them just after the Easter weekend so they were aware then. We are still awaiting a credit to our account. We spoke to them this morning to be told that the payment hasn't yet come through to them. Not sure we believe them & so would appreciate knowing if other Ovo Energy customers have been paid.

CORNY
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2018 : 21:30:23      reply with quote

We are with British Gas and have not received our compensation, so far, we have exchanged several emails with the company, we are prepared to be patient awhile longer. I thought you might like to know you are not the only household to be still waiting for action

Carrie
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2018 : 21:49:25      reply with quote

Hi Corny

Yes, appreciate that, thank you.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

30/05/2018 : 10:45:19      reply with quote

Ovo have now paid.

kdew
Website Member

Website Member

31/05/2018 : 13:19:17      reply with quote

posted by Happywalker
Ovo have now paid.
I am with OVO and still haven't been compensated, just wondering how they paid you Happywalker, thanks.

Carrie
Website Member

Website Member

02/06/2018 : 12:22:49      reply with quote

Hi

Ovo credited 120 to our energy account yesterday.

Can't say what their usual method of payment is. In April they said that we needed to increase our monthly dd & so we told them about the gas supply issue & asked them to wait until the compensation came through & credit that to our account & then review the situation as necessary.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

02/06/2018 : 17:38:58      reply with quote

The money was credited to my account.

CORNY
Website Member

Website Member

25/06/2018 : 12:07:26      reply with quote

We received our compensation today, it's taken several emails from me to British Gas and there was much confusion at their end, 200 cheque in the post this morning. I hope that there aren't many households still waiting

Replies in this thread : 17

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Gas Compensation  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to