Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Footpaths for Silsden Park

Replies in this thread : 2

Author

Topic : Footpaths for Silsden Park

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2018 : 10:41:59      reply with quote

It has been proposed a series of footpaths be made through The Park to encourage children to walk to and from the new school.

.... but why has this got to be paid for by our S106 money, this is money which builders pay towards community projects like bus stops, junction improvements and draining and reseeding the rugby pitch. But, we didn't ask for the school to be placed where it will be and shouldn't new footpaths be treated the same as the roads (traffic calming measures) for this project. I'm sure we could come up with other things to spend money on to improve the community.

MORE INFORMATION
news.silsden.net/facilities/footpaths-for-silsden-park-to-encourage-families-to-walk-to-and-from-the-planned-new-school

click for more information

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2018 : 11:44:20      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Interesting Peter!

Tell me if iím wrong Peter..but are you in effect saying if bradford want to install a path in the park it should come from their own budget and not S106 money, because it directly is a favour to them rather than to the community at large?

If it fits with the following criteria they will no doubt push for it to be used for their needs, rather than the communities needs i guess!

S106 contributions can be sought from developers towards the costs of providing community and social infrastructure, the need for which has arisen as a result of a new development taking place.
However:
1, The funding is spent on facilities that can be demonstrated to be required because of the new development taking place.
2. The process is transparent and fair to all
3. Projects supported are necessary, viable, will deliver the required social and community benefits, and will be well managed.

porta
Website Member

Website Member

07/06/2018 : 14:15:36      reply with quote

posted by Peter
It has been proposed a series of footpaths be made through The Park to encourage children to walk to and from the new school.

.... but why has this got to be paid for by our S106 money, this is money which builders pay towards community projects like bus stops, junction improvements and draining and reseeding the rugby pitch. But, we didn't ask for the school to be placed where it will be and shouldn't new footpaths be treated the same as the roads (traffic calming measures) for this project. I'm sure we could come up with other things to spend money on to improve the community.

MORE INFORMATION
news.silsden.net/facilities/footpaths-for-silsden-park-to-encourage-families-to-walk-to-and-from-the-planned-new-school

I agree Peter, at the very least it should go to local consultation

Replies in this thread : 2

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Footpaths for Silsden Park  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to