Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Rowlands Pharmacy - change for the worse

Replies in this thread : 12

Author

Topic : Rowlands Pharmacy - change for the worse

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2018 : 12:40:41      reply with quote

For the 2nd time this year, this pharmacy has failed to fulfill my prescription. There were no records apparently, to show the shortfall. This is just not good enough
Since the pharmacy changed a few months since I have noticed changes which I do not like, namely the layout, the service and shortfalls.
Where have all the original very hepful staff gone?
I was told told that all the original staff have left of there own accord???????
It seems that every time I go in , the staff is different.
Does anybody know what is going on??
I have now reluctantly changed my pharmacy
I understand that I am not alone in my concerns
click for more information

Saskatoon Berry
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2018 : 14:29:48      reply with quote

Agreed. Several bad experiences over the last month. Contacted Rowlands complaints department via their website site last week. Still waiting for a reply. I am too in the process of changing pharmacies.

jj126
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2018 : 14:42:34      reply with quote

I have emailed Rowlands three times in the past. The first two were to tell them how excellent the staff were in the pharmacy.I think the service they supplied in the past was way above expectation. I was prescribed two lots of meds and,although I didnít have my scripts delivered,they delivered them because of the nature of the meds.
Now as the OP says,what a difference. The lovely,helpful staff have gone and if you see the same person twice youíll be lucky. I,too,have changed pharmacy,I believed that by being loyal to my usual pharmacy I would maybe help yet another shop in the village stay afloat - but if this is the way itís going to continue then itís downhill all the way.
The third email I sent was to say exactly what Iíve written above - the old shop with its original excellent staff is a real loss to the village.

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2018 : 15:34:36      reply with quote

jj126 ,I too stayed faithful to the little one opposite the beck. Always really helpful staff,happy to help all these years. Sorry to see that one close 😕 Doesn't seem to be any stock in this other one,not at all the same service. I didn't want to jump ship whilst staff from the other we're still there....Wonder how much longer it will be there, thinking they might be running it down....!! Perhaps the big boys at the HC Pharmacy have won this one, sad to say...!!!!

jj126
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2018 : 16:07:20      reply with quote

Mayflower - I rarely used the little one so canít really comment on that one. One of my friends was more or less ignored when she went in the updated one the other week,bad customer service.i think we did well to stay loyal,letís face it,the opening hours and the parking at the health centre are better,you would think Rowlands would make more effort considering the opposition.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2018 : 18:23:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

use the one at the health centre never had a problem .yes and free delivery service is great,always on time

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

03/07/2018 : 18:52:36      reply with quote

The free delivery service from the one at the surgery is excellent, makes my life so much easier, and such nice men.

wilma
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2018 : 10:41:18      reply with quote

Went last week, still the same, could not fulfil my prescription at all (such a basic item too). Will not be using again!

Saskatoon Berry
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2018 : 16:46:09      reply with quote

Having made a complaint to the head office of Rowlands Pharmacy on the 29th June about the standard of service I got the following response on the 17th August:

'Re: Customer Complaint, Rowlands Pharmacy, MITCHELLS SILSDEN 1305

Our Ref: 999608

I am writing in response to the concern you have raised regarding the service received from the above branch. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the unsatisfactory service you received and the delay in our response to your concerns. However we treat all customer complaints as a matter of concern and understand the impact the decline in service is having upon our patients and the wider community.

We are aware that this pharmacy is experiencing operational difficulties at the moment. Weekly tactical senior management meetings have been ongoing and will continue in order to identify solutions and improvement action plans for these branches. Head office and field teams are working together on these improvement action plans which will then be reviewed on an ongoing basis until sufficient improvement has been made. Resources are being prioritised to support the branches in need wherever possible to maintain the service levels.

We are sincerely sorry to have let you down on this occasion, however please be assured that resolving the difficulties at the pharmacy and restoring the levels of service to previous high standards is a priority to us and we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Finally providing a high level of customer service to our patients is extremely important to us at Rowlands and I am very disappointed that we have let you down on this occasion. I would like to thank you for taking the time to report this to us and can assure you that the implementation of the above will be regularly monitored by the area manager. Should you wish to discuss this case with someone else outside the company you are entitled to contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.'

Anyone notice any improvements?

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

20/08/2018 : 18:00:15      reply with quote

doubt it no one goes in there.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

21/08/2018 : 08:40:59      reply with quote

I do - always used this place since I was a child. But it seems all the staff that were any good are no-longer there. Don't like the one at the doctors so it looks like I'll have to figure something else out.....

jj126
Website Member

Website Member

21/08/2018 : 09:09:42      reply with quote

Iím still waiting for a reply to my complaint from July 8th. I havenít been in since. A friend went in last week and it seems nothing has improved. Sad loss to,the village as the service used to be excellent.

jj126
Website Member

Website Member

21/08/2018 : 09:10:15      reply with quote

user wiped their message

Replies in this thread : 12

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Rowlands Pharmacy - change for the worse  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to