Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRYSIDE

Replies in this thread : 59
Page : 1 2
<< prev page prev page >>

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2018 : 21:42:26      reply with quote

Took a while but got in Midway!!

Just noticed this in the HRA report:

4.2 Accumulative Effects From Nearby Developments
There are two other significant developments within Silsden that are currently being considered through the planning process and or are consented which may cumulatively result in impacts on the SAC/ SPA.

17/05793/REG 3 Form entry primary school and nursery, including future-proofed design to enable 4 Form entry. External works to include utility connections/diversions, landscaping, car parking, highways, external play and sports provision. Land At Hawber Cote Lane
Silsden West Yorkshire

14/05170/MAO Land At Bolton Road Silsden West Yorkshire

In respect of application 17/05793/REG no issues in respect of impacts on birds associated with the SPA were noted. Impacts of this scheme were considered to be negligible.

I might be wrong but i have a feeling that NO bird surveys were done for these schemes..so it would appear that ENVIROTECH have hidden this fact, by not mentioning it!!! Get my point? Correct me if im wrong.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2018 : 22:26:23      reply with quote

Could be a case of " he who pays the piper calls the tune".

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/09/2018 : 18:37:26      reply with quote

This sums up the feelings of the majority of residents who have taken the time to submit their objections ( Thank you Councilor Richard Barton ).

Name: Mr Richard Barton
Comment Details
Commenter Type: MEMPUB - Member of the public
Stance: Customer objects to the Planning Application
Comment Reasons:
Comment:Whatever the application says this is about enabling yet more unnecessary new houses
to be built on Silsden greenbelt.. I understand the UDP required 1200 new houses to be built in
Silsden. This is likely to be reviewed downwards in two years. Since this target was set around
650 have been built, around 300 are under construction and 200+ have outline planning
permission. The infrastructure can hardly cope with what we've got. This development would
increase the traffic gridlock resulting from the new school. More housing above Banklands
destroys greenbelt, mature trees, wildlife habitat and affects three footpaths. The people of Silsden
need theses greenfields, footpaths and wildlife habitats far more than they need greenbelt
development. If you must build (sole reason to raise rates to spend in Central Bradford)) do so on
brownfield sites.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

17/09/2018 : 11:37:41      reply with quote

With you on that Midway..summed up our feelings well!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

17/09/2018 : 20:25:41      reply with quote

The standard consultation expiry date is now the Fifth of October.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

17/09/2018 : 20:47:47      reply with quote

posted by victor
The standard consultation expiry date is now the Fifth of October.
Great...I look forward to some public consultation by them.....after all they are 'The Silsden Development Company' so clearly have our community interests at heart!!!

ha ha

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/09/2018 : 12:38:37      reply with quote

Put it in your diary now!

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

23/09/2018 : 19:22:20      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Put it in your diary now!
Is this some kinda joke?

Considering Highways have said nothing about this application..do we really think that we are going to get an honest opinion?

Itís only worth going to see Jack in attendance!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/09/2018 : 16:42:22      reply with quote

14 Aug 2018 Consultee Comment HIGHWAYS CONSULTATION RESPONSE

Highways Advice
I have no objections to raise about the proposed development.
Highways will be producing a comprehensive response to this application after being told the response above was just not acceptable.

The Highways Officer attending the meeting on Thursday will be much more forthcoming with information (and NOT a junior.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2018 : 20:05:17      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi Everyone

Something very interesting has turned up!!!

https://planning.bradford.gov.uk/online-applications/files/06F1BC9B4C5DE1E3838B5DB5F5A44FED/pdf/18_02201_MAF-GREENACRES_FARM-5274957.pdf

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2018 : 20:16:42      reply with quote

corky yorky can you do a direct link cannot find anything when I put the info in its much too long thanks

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/09/2018 : 20:21:21      reply with quote

This link will work

news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/18_02201_MAF-GREENACRES_FARM-5274957.pdf

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2018 : 07:50:16      reply with quote

This shows that the planning process at Bradford has failed.Even the school application was based on this road.Is it time to get the Ombudsmen involved?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2018 : 09:18:01      reply with quote

Everything is dodgy about Silsden Development Company. If you go through Companies House website one of the directors is Geoffrey Mountain and it says this company is his only appointment.In actual fact he is a director of at least 9 other companies.
The other director Mr John Beverley has quit all his other directorships but was with Mountain at Pitts Electrical in Bradford, where Silsden Development Company is based.All odd that none of the local land owners or big builders are, at this stage publicly involved

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2018 : 15:33:04      reply with quote

Regarding the issue of applying for planning permission when the applicant doesnít own the land (see Greenacres Farm) item above, based on my own experience on a much, much smaller scale than the above, it would appear to be lawful.

Just copied this from Google:

Planning permission. If you wish, you can appoint an agent to apply for planning permission on your behalf. ... You don't actually need to own land to apply for planning permission for it. This means you can apply for permission before deciding whether or not to buy a piece of land.

I hope Iím wrong but I donít think I am.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

27/09/2018 : 16:11:48      reply with quote

posted by Pennypeck
Regarding the issue of applying for planning permission when the applicant doesnít own the land (see Greenacres Farm) item above, based on my own experience on a much, much smaller scale than the above, it would appear to be lawful.

Just copied this from Google:

Planning permission. If you wish, you can appoint an agent to apply for planning permission on your behalf. ... You don't actually need to own land to apply for planning permission for it. This means you can apply for permission before deciding whether or not to buy a piece of land.

I hope Iím wrong but I donít think I am.
No Pennypeck..you are right!

Anyone can apply for planning permission on some other persons property without their permission!
However, can you imagine how upset you would be if that happened to you?

Planning could be granted; however without being able to buy that land for the development the permission would of course expire after the duration (5yrs!) set by the authorities.
Would you want to sell your land to someone who does that behind your back..I wouldnít for sure!

Lets hope that this scuppers the whole scheme. Bradford should be looking in to this scheme and asking themselves why this scheme should be granted permission given that the land owner does not want to sell and unbelievable has not been contacted by the developers?

Someone needs to get answers tonight. Unfortunately i canít make it.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2019 : 10:20:36      reply with quote

the application has been refused

City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council hereby gives notice of its decision to
REFUSE planning permission for the development described above for the following
reason(s):
Reasons for Refusal

1. The proposed devdelopment is unacceptable as the application does not provide
sufficient information to enable its proper consideration by the Local Planning Authority. In particular, the application is not supported by a Transport Assessment, therefore any significant impacts from the development on the transport network (in terms of capacity and congestion), or on highway safety, cannot be assessed, contrary to paras. 108 & 109of the NPPF.

2. The proposed development would constitute incremental development that would be
prejudicial to the comprehensive development of the wider area, sites K/UR5.38 &
K/UR5.39, which are allocated as Safeguarded Land on the Proposals Map of the RUDP.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2019 : 13:07:40      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yes..its good news..so far!!

Iíll bet that sooner rather than later their will be another application put in!!

..or could it have been all a ruse to support the School application???

hat
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2019 : 15:02:23      reply with quote

they could amend the plans to add more details to satisfy point 1, but i'm not sure how they address point 2

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2019 : 17:16:28      reply with quote

Been on the Bradford Council website and the only meeting today was for the Executive and it was not on the agenda.There was a planning meeting for our area last week but no discussion on this road. When was this decision made?

hat
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2019 : 20:49:53      reply with quote

The letter which was emailed out today from Stuart Currie

Dear Sir/Madam
Application Decision
Enabling road to serve proposed school and residential development at Land East Of Bolton Road Silsden West Yorkshire
Thank you for your letter regarding the above application. I am writing to advise you that Planning Permission was refused on 02.04.2019.
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2019 : 12:31:26      reply with quote

Victory for anti-road campaign in Silsden

Read more
news.silsden.net/development/local-devopment-framework/victory-for-anti-road-campaign-in-silsden

Personally I think this was always a speculative try-on to get the school planning through and it will come back as soon as the local elections are over, the building starts, and the traffic management deficiencies of the highway arrangements become very apparent.

Lookout for a traffic survey on Bolton Road.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2019 : 13:47:47      reply with quote

Was rejected due to lack of a transport assessment!!

Double standards by Bradford considering their lack of an inteligent one for the school!!

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2019 : 13:56:35      reply with quote

Interesting reading for those folk who want a better future!!

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/apr/11/why-are-we-so-bad-at-planning-cities

Replies in this thread : 59
Page : 1 2
<< prev page prev page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRYSIDE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to