Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden Town Council Meeting THURSDAY 6th November 2008 at 7.30pm

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Silsden Town Council Meeting THURSDAY 6th November 2008 at 7.30pm

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

03/11/2008 : 10:28:20      reply with quote

Silsden Town Council Meeting THURSDAY 6th November 2008 at 7.30pm

On the agenda:

A request for double yellow lining on Keighley Road where pavement is very narrow [near football ground], pavement resurfacing.

Concerns regarding the fence on Bradley Green, to request action from STC, also requests an update on the duck pond clearance.

Request for money to carry out a survey of users of the station.

See the full agenda here www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_08/08_agenda/STC_agenda_Nov08.pdf
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/11/2008 : 22:14:48      reply with quote

Putting yellow lines near the football club is quite a pointless idea as I guess its intended to help pedestrians.Yet the path will still be less than two foot wide making the use of wheelchairs/prams impractical.
Perhaps someone could propose the installation of a footpath wide enough for the use wheelchairs/prams.Bradford Council are to put a footpath strip on Sutton Lane Eastburn which will no doubt come to an abrupt halt at the North Yorkshire border, so why not a footpath to Steeton for us.
I wasnt involved in the planning for the new clubhouse but I would guess on street parking would have been looked at then and having just spent money on Keighley Road I doubt someone from the council would agree to yellow lines at this stage.

PLEASE NOTE - this IS NOT a discussion area of the forum, this area is for announcements and updates to announcements. I will leave this comment but any more may be deleted. If you have any comments on this topic please start a new topic or better still attend the meeting. Thank you - Peter

alan
Website Member

Website Member

04/11/2008 : 08:37:40      reply with quote

Perhaps it should be noted that Item 5 on the agenda is the Public Adjournment, where people are allowed to have their say.

It should be noted that quite a number of proposals on the agenda are picked up from proposals from the members of the public, as was this one.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2008 : 10:21:49      reply with quote

Was the meeting interesting/well attended etc?

I would love to go to one of these but evenings are so hectic.

How did the discussion of the yellow lines on Kly road go?

Where will I find the minutes of this meeting when the Town Clerk(?) has typed them up? (and how soon will they be available?)

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2008 : 10:30:30      reply with quote

oops! sorry Peter, posted in the events area by mistake!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2008 : 11:12:46      reply with quote

posted by jonno
Was the meeting interesting/well attended etc?

I would love to go to one of these but evenings are so hectic.

How did the discussion of the yellow lines on Kly road go?

Where will I find the minutes of this meeting when the Town Clerk(?) has typed them up? (and how soon will they be available?)
There is usually a Keighley News reporter at the STC meetings and they tend to publish any "exciting" news online or in the paper the following week.

The minutes for this month's meeting will be ratified at the start of next month's meeting and I get them to publish on this site sometime after ratification.
silsden.net/town_council/index.htm

Are the meeting interesting? I attend occasionally and they are interesting sometimes, but frustrating from an observers point of view. You are allowed to ask for a public adjournment if you want to speak, but you have to request it before the meeting starts. The agenda is usually very brief and it isn't always possible to know what is going to be discussed exactly beforehand. If you haven't asked for a public adjournment and you want to put your two penneth in later you can't!

How many visitors attend? not enough is the short answer. The police, district councilor(s), a reporter, and perhaps a visitor from the public if they are lucky. Usually a public visitor only attends if they have a personal axe to grind, which is a shame because our councilors do need a bit more support. It is very easy for us to complain on this forum that STC are not doing anything but it should be compulsory for us all to attend a meeting first just to see what really goes on at these meetings.

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden Town Council Meeting THURSDAY 6th November 2008 at 7.30pm  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to