Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > beware scam phone call

Replies in this thread : 2

Author

Topic : beware scam phone call

ealteacher
Website Member

Website Member

27/11/2018 : 15:00:16      reply with quote

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this so sorry if not.

I have been called three times today by 01542 351458.
the caller either disconnects after four rings or cuts off if answered.

Heaven forfend if I spread untruths about this number (happy face icon should be inserted here) but it reminds me of a recent warning about callers fishing for call backs which are charged at a much increased rate.

so I didn't call back and am now considering new lucrative career in telephone crime (not really)

click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

27/11/2018 : 15:11:02      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

lot off these calls are computor generated ,it calls several numbers and when one answers it kills the other calls,as most times they are answered the line just goes dead meaning someone else has answered first,i myself have had calls from that code number,usually sales of something u dont want or as you say could be a prime cost number to ring back,so i just ignore them and let it ring,if they are really bothering u just ad the number to your block list with your supplier.01542 is the code for keith in scotland .

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/11/2018 : 16:00:46      reply with quote

Watch out for someone calling saying their number(mobile) is similar to yours and they gave it by mistake when registering a product.They will ask you to give them a code that will be messaged to your phone.
Dont give any codes as they are trying to scam you by changing one of your passwords

Replies in this thread : 2

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > beware scam phone call  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to