Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Crash by Kings Arms

Replies in this thread : 14

Author

Topic : Crash by Kings Arms

Raver
Website Member

Website Member

07/12/2018 : 15:50:37      reply with quote

What has happened to wall opposite Bell Square?!!
click for more information

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

07/12/2018 : 18:04:27      reply with quote

red car crashed into it, do not know any more

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

07/12/2018 : 20:13:04      reply with quote

It's part of the Christmas decorations.

"Merry Christmas, Wall is over"

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/12/2018 : 23:39:37      reply with quote

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2018 : 06:04:35      reply with quote

it beggers belief,unless illness is involved this driver shouldnt be on the road.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2018 : 11:44:55      reply with quote

Although the signage is much better now, since the lights have been put in, this is still a very dangerous junction which should be approached with extreme caution.

It would appear this incident could have been much worse if there had been someone travelling on Bolton Road, or worse, walking on the pavement at the time of the incident.

.... and there are still accidents at this junction. A week ago I saw two cars parked on the side of the road, the drivers exchanging particulars. One car had a big scrape down one side and a bumper hanging off.

Take care.

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2018 : 12:10:59      reply with quote

I personally think the lights are in a dodgy place.Too close to junction. When turning out of Bell Square and watching traffic approaching from the right when turning left, you are straight onto the lights Accident bound to happen.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2018 : 12:35:41      reply with quote

posted by Golden Oldie
I personally think the lights are in a dodgy place.Too close to junction. When turning out of Bell Square and watching traffic approaching from the right when turning left, you are straight onto the lights Accident bound to happen.
..mmm...funny..I wonder if Skippy is going to say something about this?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2018 : 12:38:07      reply with quote

maybe someone hit accelerator instead of brake?

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2018 : 16:03:38      reply with quote

posted by Corky Yorky
posted by Golden Oldie
Do us a favour Corky Yorky, if you have a problem with Skippy, have a word with him in the real world, stop bitching on here.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2018 : 17:10:13      reply with quote

posted by tetleydrinker
posted by Corky Yorky
posted by Golden Oldie
Do us a favour Corky Yorky, if you have a problem with Skippy, have a word with him in the real world, stop bitching on here.
What you talking about TitleyDrinker..you need to lift your head out of your pint! Donít have any problems with Skippy and certainly havent bitched abut him.
At the Town Council meeting for placement of this crossing, which Skippy attended, it was suggested by a member of the public that it should be placed higher up the road, closer to the old folks home and better still to wait if the school got permission, because then it could be sited more appropriately!!
Itís clearly that the siting of the crossing is currently causing issue!!

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

09/12/2018 : 10:31:33      reply with quote

So if it's the crossing that's the problem why were there still accidents before it was made?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

09/12/2018 : 14:39:34      reply with quote

If our town main street was a 20mph zone just like Addingham then we would all be much safer.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/12/2018 : 15:34:51      reply with quote

thats what i said on another tread,but with it being an A road through silsden they cant do it with out a school on the route,addingham have it as its main rd was down graded when the bypass was built ,so untill silsdens bypass is built its 30mph.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

09/12/2018 : 16:23:46      reply with quote

I travel thru Silsden a number of times during the day and i can say that from 7.30am till after 6pm you will be very lucky if you go much faster than 20mph.

Replies in this thread : 14

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Crash by Kings Arms  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to