Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Starting 12 Jan for 4 weekends - enjoy????

Replies in this thread : 16

Author

Topic : Starting 12 Jan for 4 weekends - enjoy????

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/01/2019 : 14:52:43      reply with quote

These are the roadworks which were delayed before Christmas and will deliver water to the Saxon Dene estate via Hainsworth Road. They obviously don't want Beck water to drink! It could be worse, they were going to dig up Keighley Road - residents of Hainsworth Road should have our sympathy for the disruption which will not be just at weekends.

click for more information

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

08/01/2019 : 20:10:48      reply with quote

What will be the alternate route?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/01/2019 : 21:15:18      reply with quote

posted by wheelaman123
What will be the alternate route?
Suggestions on the back of a postage stamp??

Otherworld
Website Member

Website Member

11/01/2019 : 09:33:07      reply with quote

The pipes have already been laid under Hainsworth Road. After some residents raised concern about access, an official visited, listened and reviewed plans. This resulted in temporary removal of the barriers under canal so that pedestrian access was maintained. The road was closed only when essential and notification was given well in advance.
Full marks to Yorkshire Water and Morrison Utilities and everyone who ensured that disruption was minimal.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

12/01/2019 : 19:26:25      reply with quote

This morning at 9am, 5 vans and lots of men sat in vans, all gone by mid-day total work done was a cover over pedestrian crossing.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2019 : 18:49:58      reply with quote

No work again today. It will be chaos in the morning as the children try to cross the road with the lights covered up. Who is the works manager in charge of this job ??

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2019 : 19:00:58      reply with quote

Ring Yorkshire Water 03451242424 quote ref 21720034 they will help you

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2019 : 19:12:41      reply with quote

Rang them and they say it is not there problem.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2019 : 19:33:28      reply with quote

Have tried to ring Brad Met but no answer, then tried morrisons utility only open Mon- Fri, last resort Police on 101 and there response ( it will be the parents responsibility to see then across the road ). I give up..

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2019 : 19:33:36      reply with quote

It is their problem, they are the main contractors, and responsible for public safety connected to the job. Sad that they cannot do anything to remove the covers on the lights, they will be there for 4 weeks presumably? Not a very good outcome...

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2019 : 09:27:45      reply with quote

wheelaman123 your phone calls must have had an effect... all back to normal this morning!

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2019 : 12:14:43      reply with quote

Maybe i should stand for the S.T.C., it would seem i can get things done. !

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2019 : 12:46:27      reply with quote

10.30 am this morning and not a van or worker in sight.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2019 : 13:09:38      reply with quote

The sign says weekend, Sat/Sun.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2019 : 18:08:58      reply with quote

GAZZER
‏ @silsdengary
22h22 hours ago

@YWHelp Supposed to be YW road works in Silsden today but did not happen.Covers are on the lights at the crossing so can you remove them before kids go to school in the morning please.
3 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Yorkshire Water Help
‏ @YWHelp
21h21 hours ago

Hi. this repair is still ongoing so it wouldn't be safe to remove them at this moment, We are sorry for any inconvenience and we will try to get this work completed and safely and as soon as we can, Thanks-TK
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

GAZZER
‏ @silsdengary
21h21 hours ago

These works are weekend's only so no excuse not to keep schoolchildren safe during the week.Your permit for road works is for weekends so it needs sorting before tomorrow

Yorkshire Water Help
‏ @YWHelp
21h21 hours ago

I can get the team to give you a call in the morning to discuss further if you'd like?-TK

GAZZER
‏ @silsdengary
21h21 hours ago

Save time and get them to take the covers off the lights in compliance with the works permit

Yorkshire Water Help
‏ @YWHelp
20h20 hours ago

Hi Gazzer I can't get someone out this evening to remove the bags, the only thing I can do is to get you a call back in the morning and the team will be able to let you know what work we are doing and how long the work will take. Thanks-TK

GAZZER
‏ @silsdengary
20h20 hours ago

Dont go out of your way I know its not your job.If its not sorted by 9am I will ring Bradford Council and The Keighley News.

Yorkshire Water Help
‏ @YWHelp
20h20 hours ago

I understand Gazzer, Yorkshire Water are not authorised to put the covers on or remove them from the traffic lights, this would be Bradford Council who can do this, We are hoping to get this resolved ASAP, thank you for making us aware of this situation-TK

GAZZER
‏ @silsdengary
9h9 hours ago

Wrong.It is the main contractor, YW who are responsible for keeping traffic and people moving safely

Yorkshire Water Help
‏ @YWHelp
9h9 hours ago

Hi Gazzer. We have had information this morning that the covers are no longer in place. Thanks. ^NR

GAZZER
‏ @silsdengary
7h7 hours ago

Thank you I did notice.People make plans for roadworks in this location because of severe delays.Please can you say if and when these roadworks will actually happen.

Yorkshire Water Help
‏ @YWHelp
7h7 hours ago

The best way to locate upcoming roadworks in the area is to visit the following website - ow.ly/uTNI30niN5V as this will show all planned roadworks in the area for the next 12 months. Thanks. ^NR

GAZZER
‏ @silsdengary
7h7 hours ago

That showed roadworks would take place yesterday and the day before.They did not happen.Its annoying when you get a permit,tell everyone then do not do the work.So I am asking if and when it will take place

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

15/01/2019 : 16:39:55      reply with quote

Have the double yellow lines from the old post office been put down for the up coming work or will they be permanent. It was so much better driving thru town today.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

15/01/2019 : 17:47:55      reply with quote

posted by wheelaman123
Have the double yellow lines from the old post office been put down for the up coming work or will they be permanent. It was so much better driving thru town today.
STC should be pushing hard to make these permanent, but it will never happen, sadly... nobody cares enough to make it happen, and the increased pollution will go on, and traffic delays will be bad as usual. Enjoy it while you can...

Replies in this thread : 16

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Starting 12 Jan for 4 weekends - enjoy????  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to