Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > New house build estates

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : New house build estates

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2019 : 18:56:34      reply with quote

I have just returned from visiting one of our daughter's who lives near Aylesbury.
There are an awful lot of new houses being built near where she livesand both my wife and I have noticed that almost without exception, every new estate has a lot of open areas and new trees being planted everywhere.
Coming back to Silsden and seeing the new housing estates, there are no green open areas incorporated and not one new tree is visible anywhere.
Why is this and why are all the houses crammed together with hardly any spaces between them and hardly any gardens in front, to the side of, or the rear of them????
Do not give me the answer -profit!,Mr Developer or Planning Authority
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2019 : 21:03:18      reply with quote

So how about, every planning application that has been put forward recently shows trees in abundance,but are not planted,why, enforcement is not applied or very slow.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2019 : 16:15:02      reply with quote

posted by Jolly Bob
I have just returned from visiting one of our daughter's who lives near Aylesbury.
There are an awful lot of new houses being built near where she livesand both my wife and I have noticed that almost without exception, every new estate has a lot of open areas and new trees being planted everywhere.
Coming back to Silsden and seeing the new housing estates, there are no green open areas incorporated and not one new tree is visible anywhere.
Why is this and why are all the houses crammed together with hardly any spaces between them and hardly any gardens in front, to the side of, or the rear of them????
Do not give me the answer -profit!,Mr Developer or Planning Authority
I have been championing and campaigning for this for years, on here and in many other places including regularly with Bradford Met.
Like you i am totally disgusted at the shite housing that is going up everywhere around here.
If you go to Harrogate or many other places outside of here, as you have found out, housing is going up with much better design of house, spatiality and with more respect of inclusivity of nature!

Some of you have seen on other postings that it has been said that over 5km of 2m high timber boarded fencing will be erected on the Barratt estate and very few trees also. Similarly the houses are close to each other and their is vertually no green space than can be utulised effectively, or let alone be called a play area! It is also not centrally sited so it would be unlikely that families would let their children wonder to it across the anticipated busy streets (because remeber their will be two cars per household =450 plus service vehicles and work vans etc!! All crammed in!

The planners appear to be allowing these shit schemes to go ahead, creating ugly overpriced houses and estates just to get their housing qutas in.
I would not reccomend anyone to buy on that estate because..if prices go down you will be up the creek big time.
Only buy nice houses in nice positions and streets as these are far more easier to sell on.

All of you reading this shouold put in your points to the link Peter has pasted about the Core Strategy Partial Review or go to the meeting. See https://www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/17373313.public-views-sought-as-core-strategy-is-reviewed/

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

21/01/2019 : 16:18:37      reply with quote

posted by midway
So how about, every planning application that has been put forward recently shows trees in abundance,but are not planted,why, enforcement is not applied or very slow.
Interestingly..a lot of people complained about the loss of the Elm tree on the Aldi site, especially the Ecology Society. Aldi planted a few trees to mitigate the loss, but no one has complained that by the following summer (6 months) all the trees were dead!

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

25/01/2019 : 21:18:11      reply with quote

Driving home this morning from the dual carriageway, looked accross at the new housing estate. "looks like lego land " says I to t'other arf. Almost a village in its self. Where's the infrastructure to cope with that lot, or don't the powers that be care.

cars
Website Member

Website Member

25/01/2019 : 21:29:24      reply with quote

no room left down the valley, Silsden will see houses being built in & around it for a very long time, so get use to legoland.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/01/2019 : 22:28:20      reply with quote

Barratts seem to hope their site will float like a boat as the talk about the site being "launched"

Barratt Homes
‏ @BarrattHomes
4 Apr 2018
Replying to @seagullsarge

As Saxon Dene has not been launched yet, we have no confirmed information or dates at this time.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

26/01/2019 : 08:18:38      reply with quote

i think little venice would be a good name for site,pity those seafarers that are buying them, hope they have done their research.insurance will cost a bomb.'laugh :D');

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > New house build estates  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to