Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > New school update

Replies in this thread : 29

Author

Topic : New school update

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2019 : 14:25:06      reply with quote

Yesterday I was told by three men who were looking at the site that they were about to put in a tender for the new school. If they get the contract then work would start in July and take around 18 months to complete, that takes it up to 2021, then with the fitting out and the move it could be September 2021.
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2019 : 17:37:43      reply with quote

Thank you for the update victor.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2019 : 18:06:25      reply with quote

You are very welcome middy

JackoW
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2019 : 18:10:25      reply with quote

posted by midway
Thank you for the update victor.
Not surprised at the delay,at the public meeting I said to the bradford council representatives that there was a rumour that the school was going to be delayed one of them answered by saying that he had been in touch that day with the education department ant the school would be started with out fail in February,still think that they are waiting for the enabling road to get passed so they can use it for the construction vehicles,typical under hand Bradford Council

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2019 : 19:48:39      reply with quote

Jackow when I asked about the access road to Bolon road he knew nothing about it.

JackoW
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2019 : 22:51:14      reply with quote

posted by victor
Jackow when I asked about the access road to Bolon road he knew nothing about it.
Hi Victor seems to quiet on the road front ,just seems strange the school getting pushed on later when they said it had to be started in February,cheers

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2019 : 06:36:20      reply with quote

According to the prelims for the works, Contractors are supposed to take possession of the site on the 7th May 2019 with completion of works scheduled for 24th July 2020. At the moment there are several main contractors tendering for the work and tenders have yet to be submitted. There is a very detailed document that stipulates works that need to be carried out in advance of works proceeding and the school being handed over. I can't see how the tender process and enabling works can be completed in time but you never know.

Other schools in the area have been built within this timeframe but to my knowledge non have the sort of topography that the site in Silsden has.

Will update as the tender process proceeds.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2019 : 08:34:30      reply with quote

presumably the enabling works are about site access?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2019 : 14:27:45      reply with quote

Hat when I asked the man doing the estimate he said that if they had the contract then there would be one way in and one way out of the site, he also said the way in would be from Hawber cote lane.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2019 : 15:53:27      reply with quote

posted by victor
Hat when I asked the man doing the estimate he said that if they had the contract then there would be one way in and one way out of the site, he also said the way in would be from Hawber cote lane.
construction access is likely to be worse than car access once it is open. in via Dale Bank & Hawber Cote? then out where?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2019 : 17:36:47      reply with quote

With a bit of luck the construction traffic will wipe out the cars that stupidly parked both sides of the Dale View entrance from Bolton Road. happy :)

victor
Website Member

Website Member

21/02/2019 : 08:45:48      reply with quote

Peter at the meeting in the Town hall, the highways official said that work would be done on this junction but local councillors should bring it to there attention. As I have stated many times money was paid by Croft builders for this work over five years ago. With elections coming up could someone take it upon themselves to do something about it.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2019 : 08:52:44      reply with quote

Lots more detail published on the planning site now as part of pre-conditions
17/05793/SUB01
Alternative Reference PP-07677956
Application Received Mon 11 Mar 2019
Application Validated Mon 11 Mar 2019
Address Land At Hawber Cote Lane Silsden West Yorkshire
Proposal Submission of details required by Conditions 2 (Phase 1 Desk Study), 3 (Phase 2 Site Investigation), 4 (Archaeological Recording), 5, 6 (Drainage), 7 (Remediation), 10 (Methodology), 11 (Levels), 12 (Tree Protection), 15 (Hard Surface Materials), 16 (Materials), 20 Landscaping, 23 (Specification of Works) and 27 (External Lighting)

victor
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2019 : 13:07:21      reply with quote

Thank you Hat, I looked at the planting plan and most of the plants are less than two foot tall. It will take ten years to give any privacy.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2019 : 10:57:11      reply with quote

tree felling going on on the proposed site today.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2019 : 12:45:44      reply with quote

If more than 5 cubic metres (volume) of timber is removed from felled trees to this site then it would be illegal.

An extraction licence would be required from the Forestry Commission if more than 5 cubic metres by volume.

Does anyone think that this will be exceeded?

hat
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2019 : 13:14:53      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

looking at what they had chopped, it would be well in excess of this - although so far they haven't removed it from site

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

19/03/2019 : 19:01:01      reply with quote

4 large oak trees?

Part of the cost of a new school.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2019 : 13:00:27      reply with quote

... and another tree which just grew in the wrong place for the new school....

This will be at the entrance of the school.

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2019 : 15:18:04      reply with quote

It's good to see that none of you NIMBY's are complaining about the proposed extension to the grave yard as this will be of more use to you than a school !

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/03/2019 : 15:35:20      reply with quote

I thought these trees had preservation orders on them!
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2019 : 12:18:06      reply with quote

Building starts for new Silsden Primary School – May 2019

Read more
news.silsden.net/facilities/building-starts-for-new-silsden-primary-school-may-2019

I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED OF A CORRECTION TO THE START DATE (because the council have not completed all the paperwork)

THE EXPECTED START DATE WILL NOW BE JUNE (or even) JULY

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2019 : 13:43:34      reply with quote

“A public footpath running east-west through the site will be diverted to safeguard pupils” !!

Diverted?? do they mean stopped??

Furthermore..given that their are three 2m high security fences going around the site and a 1.5m retaining wall you would have thought that the footpath doesn’t need to be diverted at all!

hat
Website Member

Website Member

12/04/2019 : 19:59:18      reply with quote

So yesterday there’s a story published by the Keighley news with councillor whittaker quoting a council source that construction will start on 7 may. Today we have a retraction stating that there is no set date as they are still tendering the contract. Hope this doesn’t point to irregularities in the tendering process..

victor
Website Member

Website Member

13/04/2019 : 08:36:09      reply with quote

Hat I wonder if it is election time with candidates looking for publicity and getting info wrong. AS I said when I started this post a contractor told me he was putting in a tender for the new school, the work would start in July and take 18 months.

cannopa
Website Member

Website Member

08/05/2019 : 19:39:32      reply with quote

Perhaps we should run a book on which happens first
1/ Start of school construction or
2/ Brexit.

???

hat
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2019 : 08:25:07      reply with quote

Reported this morning that they are re tendering as the quote received was over budget. Now not scheduled to start until Q4 at the earliest. Right when the ground will be most unsuitable to work

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2019 : 14:19:21      reply with quote

posted by hat
Reported this morning that they are re tendering as the quote received was over budget. Now not scheduled to start until Q4 at the earliest. Right when the ground will be most unsuitable to work
"the quote" was over budget. Who gets just one quote on such a big job?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

24/05/2019 : 16:22:24      reply with quote

Just to clear things up, first there is no doubt that the school is going on this site. Second there are two contractors who have been asked to quote for the new school. This information is from the council official who is in charge of the project. Also the council are trying to get permission to use Drabble house land for building access.

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

25/05/2019 : 20:05:17      reply with quote

Just to add to the detail - to my knowledge there have been at least six main Contractors that have tendered for the work

ISG
Kier
Clugston
Interserve
Bardsley
Galiford Try

In comparison to other schools in the district that have recently been built, the fit out specification for Silsden was much higher, so if the rest of the build specification follows it isn't surprising that it has come in over budget. There must be a huge cost for the groundworks on this scheme but I would have thought that an idea for the cost of that would have been known in advance.

Replies in this thread : 29

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > New school update  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to