Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Cringles Wall

Replies in this thread : 8

Author

Topic : Cringles Wall

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

12/03/2019 : 16:29:03      reply with quote

Coming over from Ilkley today i noted that there is a new part of the old wall that has fallen down. Last week there were 5 areas of collapsed wall today i counted 6. Is this what is known as knocking a job on so as to keep in work.
click for more information

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

12/03/2019 : 17:18:10      reply with quote

This job is probably the worst example of wasted money, totally unnecessary most of it, in the middle of nowhere, and looks terrible when it's done. There should be an enquiry to find out why it has been sanctioned, what it is costing, and who is responsible for it. The money would be better spent on potholes, road repairs or something useful, in my view. And it goes on and on, maybe years to go yet...

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

12/03/2019 : 18:37:01      reply with quote

As i said it would seem that the old wall is been deliberately knocked down just above the working area. The damage is not the result of vehicle collisions, i will now keep my eye on this job to see how much more of the old wall falls down.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

12/03/2019 : 23:09:36      reply with quote

poss knocked down as there is still 3000m still to be done approx

Harvey spicer
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2019 : 06:43:06      reply with quote

Dexter has summed this up completely .what waste of money and time to build something so vile.

also

if you start at the top and drive or walk down to Addingham , or in deed silsden you will see a few sections (marked by carved stones in a couple of places) where the wall has been re built down the years ,and it was done in random stone in keeping with the area and the style of the previous wall.
if you approach the roundabout at Addingham , on the right , they have re built a section and done it in dry stone and made a great job of it,

this wall at Cringles has been built out of a split face stone that's sawn on 4 sides ,and it looks like the back of a co op or macdonalds, who ever sanctioned this in a dales area should be accountable.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2019 : 07:54:35      reply with quote

What a bunch of whingers. Obviously all experts on geology, road building and civil engineering in general.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2019 : 08:23:40      reply with quote

Its not whinging when a Council say they have no money to spend on Social care for elderly, and then waste money on this type of job. Priority spending please...

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2019 : 08:33:35      reply with quote

And you dont need to be an expert to see its a waste of money and a bad job

Traveller
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2019 : 09:58:49      reply with quote

I have been told that someone who works for the council lives in one of the houses in that area, don't
suppose they could have any influence on the wall situation could they.

Replies in this thread : 8

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Cringles Wall  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to